The Right2Change conference set for November

Lúidín

This is the initiative that grew out of the water-charge protests and aims to bring together many of the organisations and individuals involved in that campaign. It will be interesting to see if it can successfully pull it off.

- Ireland is experiencing the worst housing and homelessness crisis in its history.
- Healthcare waiting lists are at an all time high.
- We have among the highest prevalence of low pay and insecure work in the world.
- Our school class sizes are among the highest in the EU.
- And our political system is rife with corruption and scandals.
But it doesn't have to be this way.

The Right2Change Trade Unions (Communications Workers' Union, Mandate Trade Union, OPATSI and Unite the Union) are calling a conference of trade unionists, political activists and community activists to establish whether a coordinated fight-back through cooperation can be established.

We believe Another Ireland is Possible and we are encouraging everyone who shares a vision for a fairer, more equal Ireland to join us on Saturday, 4th November 2017 in the Mansion House, Dawson Street, Dublin 2, to discuss a pathway towards achieving a truly egalitarian Republic.
To an extent the momentum of the water protests led the squabbling organisations to unite, rather than the other way round. One way or another, it is a brave attempt to counter the smug complacency of the establishment parties.

Mushroom

My diary is free for Saturday 4th November. I reckon I'll probably toddle along.

Will all participants be de-loused before being admitted, or should I take precautions?

Gin Soaked

This is the initiative that grew out of the water-charge protests and aims to bring together many of the organisations and individuals involved in that campaign. It will be interesting to see if it can successfully pull it off.

To an extent the momentum of the water protests led the squabbling organisations to unite, rather than the other way round. One way or another, it is a brave attempt to counter the smug complacency of the establishment parties.
Why don't you all align on a common goal and get elected and form a stable coalition...

Round tower

'our political system is rife with corruption and scandal'

So will SF be expected or welcome, if yes that is a joke, Corruption and scandal is not Ok but not prosecuting people for the murder of a innocent man is OK, no wonder when people hear of a person being murdered no one is shocked.
I was in a pub a couple of weeks ago, a SF supporter mentioned about a woman possible involvement in the murder of her mother, his words was 'what is this country coming too', i nearly laughed but held my tongue

Gin Soaked

My diary is free for Saturday 4th November. I reckon I'll probably toddle along.

Will all participants be de-loused before being admitted, or should I take precautions?
I understand those who pay the marginal rate of tax will be admitted to a plexiglass fronted area. Just bring your P60.

Gin Soaked

Aside from the failure on housing, and the need to reform the cops, most of this is just tax the perceived rich.

HarshBuzz

Why don't you all align on a common goal and get elected and form a stable coalition...
because that would require taking responsibility for their actions?

Happycamping

Pull what off?

PO'Neill

Website
www.facebook.com
Wouldn't be able to make it myself as I am going on a stag party to Prague but it could be the broad left development needed to oppose the gombeen austerity party's who have misrun the state for decades.

corkhound

We have a great country but we have become a bunch of wimps and whingers at an incredible level. The PC Brigade are riding us bare back and no one gives a flying ************************ !

johnny365

Great suggestion to help ease the housing crisis, non nationals have to have contributed and lived here for five years or more before getting state assisted housing. I know the alphabets will call that racist but it's what the people in the street are thinking.

I was in Dublin and cork recently and it struck me 90% of those sleeping rough were Irish while around 10% seemed to be Eastern Europeans.

What struck me was the very low level of homelessness from the African and Asian communities, given that many are low skilled and unemployed or poorly paid its an interesting anomaly that will never be discussed for fear of the pc baying mob.

New Threads

Most Replies