• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Seeking Shelter » Mosaic Magazine

A very interesting insight into life in Sweden for one of its Jewish population. Sweden has seen mass immigration from many Moslem countries in the last 20 years and ghettos have formed in cities like Malmo and Stockholm. Are the indigenous Jewish population paying the price for its country's open door policy?

P Ryan

Yes they are but aren't Jews generally supporters of mass immigration for everywhere except Israel?
Already the 'I' word was brought into the discussion by the 1st reply....:roll:

Clanrickard

A very interesting insight into life in Sweden for one of its Jewish population. Sweden has seen mass immigration from many Moslem countries in the last 20 years and ghettos have formed in cities like Malmo and Stockholm. Are the indigenous Jewish population paying the price for its country's open door policy?
Yet for all her bluster she can't name the problem ie mass immigration from Islamic countries. That is why Jews are under threat. She of course mentions the far right that old bogeyman. The amount of neo-Nazis is tiny compared the amount of Muslim immigrants .

Eire1976

Barbra Spectre has only herself to blame.

Barbara Spectre : Leading Jewish Role in Multiculturalism (ENG subtitles) - YouTube

gijoe

Applying for asylum in her own country is a useless stunt. She should have gone across the border to Norway where they can actually entertain the application and then see what happens and the media would go bananas on the story.

Rocky

Yay a thread that will combine both Jew bashing and Muslim bashing.

Malcolm Redfellow

Website
redfellow.blogspot.com
Twitter
mredfellow
I'm not wholly convinced this only a recent phenomenon. It certainly is a theme, particularly in connection with neo-nazism, that turns up repeatedly in Swedish crime fiction — a sub-genre to which I admit addiction through Stieg Larsson and Henning Mankell.

It might be instructive that the UN Convention on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) was ratified by Sweden in 1971 — but didn't make it into Swedish law until 1999. That implies either:
  • discrimination wasn't seen as a pressing problem, or
  • politicians were unwilling to wrestle with the issue.
There is an official study, Det blågula glashuset – strukturell diskriminering i Sverige (I think that translates as "The Blue and Yellow Glasshouse" — from the colours of the Swedish flag, of course). It's on the net, and somewhere on that site I fortunately found an extended summary in English.

Dame_Enda

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think this is one of the contradictions of multiculturalism. It preaches mutual respect for difference on the basis of preserving the latter. But clearly there is not mutual respect.

It cannot have escaped the attention of members that the use of the term "multiculturalism" has declined markedly in a number of EU countries in recent years since the Paris riots of 2006. The Sarkozist slogan of "integration" has taken off. Even the notoriously PC and little-loved ex-quango the NCCRI had the word in its name. But there is some division on what the term "integration" should mean - except perhaps that the newcomers should learn the language of the host country. That is obviously essential but I think citizenship tests to try and weed out bigotry and Medieval attitudes to women and gays endemic in the Muslim world is also important.

I am very concerned that a number of Western countries are pandering to reactionary elements of Islam in an effort to maintain the cohesion of their societies in the face of immigration. One element of this is the use of blasphemy/anti incitement to hatred laws to silence criticism of Islam, as seen in the Netherlands with the failed trial of Geert Wilders. In fact what Wilders was doing was calling for Koran to be banned. While I disagree, I defend his right to say it. He was attacking an ideology/religion - not members of that religion.

A better way to maintain cohesion is a rigid enforcement of Western ideas on equality of the genders and sexual orientations. Those who want to force them under Sharia law should kindly get out of our country,

Iphonista

I think this is one of the contradictions of multiculturalism. It preaches mutual respect for difference on the basis of preserving the latter. But clearly there is not mutual respect.
I think I know where you're coming from but would you mind giving an example?

Dame_Enda

I think I know where you're coming from but would you mind giving an example?
The rising anti-semitism among Muslim immigrants in Sweden, France and the Netherlands are on example. These Muslims are not engaging in respect for the Jews, who are part of the host society going back centuries in some cases (75% of French Jews survived the Holocaust). Respect has to be a two way street.

Levellers

This woman is a Zionist and as usual with any pronouncements by them you have to doubt their honesty. Kosher slaughter is banned. But so is Halal slaughter but that is not mentioned.

Like their Islamic fundamentalists (opposite sides of the same coin) they want the Jewish community to feel threatened so that they are attracted to the extremist Zionist philosophy. Islamic fundamentalists protests in England are not about the British army but are designed to antagonise the English people to take an anti-Muslim position and drive Muslins to an extremist position. Recruitment basically.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom