• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

gijoe

You'd think those in politics would be on the side of those that elect them.
Why should that be the case in Sweden when its clearly not the case here. For politicians the long-term is the next election. Anything that does not rock the boat until the next election keeps them happy. You may as well be talking about future millennia when you point out that you are storing up ferocious problems that will blow up in 20 or 30 years time. As far as politicians are concerned they live only in the here and now and 20 years time is someone else's problem.

former wesleyan

Who cares? Nowadays, an anti-Semite can be defined as someone who does not support the murder of Palestinians and the bull-dozing of their homes
Rarely. Usually only applied to those who deliberately ignore attacks on Israelis and indulge in hyperbole.

Fo Real

Wasn't Jack straw an advocate for it in Britain?
Jack Straw had only tenuous links to Jewish heritage - his maternal grandmother's father was a Jew making Jack 1/8 Jewish. The man self-identifies as a Christian. Or do you apply the "one-drop" rule to a person's genetic makeup?

As for Ronit Lentin...as a general rule I'm not a fan of charlatans who make a career from pseudo-science such as gender studies and sociology. Another reason to remove government funding from hobby courses in our third level institutions.

kerdasi amaq

I can understand Israel being against mass immigration into Israel. I'm Ok with that.
I favour the same policy in regard to Ireland, and for the same reasons that the Israelis do.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom