• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Savage Eye Dave McSavage rocked

redpath

Dave McSavage's new series started with a cracking show, irreverent and saying f you to the right people. Tonights show looked at the Arts and for any Grogans drinkers it may have been a tad too much.

Well done to McSavage and Ciaran Walsh the director. Ye fecjkin see you do need to pay the licence fee

TradCat

It was great but he didn't get his talent from the license fee and if you watched Neil Delamare's rubbish beforehand you would have seen something far more typical of RTE's output

redpath

i am selective, lets forget the licence fee................first good comedy in a long while.......

TradCat

i am selective, lets forget the licence fee................first good comedy in a long while.......
Agreed. After the disappointment of Val Falvey it was great to see it. The President for life, the barman and the Ministers were all outstanding.

Eurocitizen

Isn't he that unfunny bloke who's the son of some politician?

His father is David Andrews,brother of Barry Andrews and a cousin of Chris Andrews and Ryan Tubridy and grandson of Tod Andrews .

ff minister, tubridy, cousin, grandson of IRA gunman, staunch in the revoluntionary period and

irreverent and funny,

Almost had Frank Hall's Minister of Misery
I'm the grandson of an IRA gunman, it doesn't make me funny (though I'm funnier than that bloke whenever I've seen him). But I'll keep an open mind - is this a series?

conservative green

As far as I can gather, his comedy is usually geared at picking on the weak. If he has changed his tune, that is welcome, but I'd like to see proof first. Even if he has, there are people he has humiliated in live performances that will probably hate him for the rest of his life.

Stroke

McSavage Andrews is about as funny as herpes. Aggressive bully who likes to abuse and humiliate people, I'm convinced that he is mentally-unbalanced.....

redpath

Well politicians are weak now as is the church so you may have a point , he hit the nail on the head, and Toxic I think it is a six part series

orbit

I thought it was quite good. Possibly will only appeal to a minority, but jaysus it's better to appeal to a minority than nobody at all. The material seemed a little close to the first show they did, so I hope he can spread his wings a bit, in future episodes. But, I like the general clowning around aspect to his style. It works well on TV and is a nice change from the standard standup routine, that comes from stage comedy.

redpath

McSavage Andrews is about as funny as herpes. Aggressive bully who likes to abuse and humiliate people, I'm convinced that he is mentally-unbalanced.....
The ould bitterness erupts like puss, as some Stickie called Stroke is trying to deny the son of a feckin Fianna Failer a career making the likes of me laugh. The bitterness is a succubus on the veins of the nation , oh holy jesus god git over yer feckin self man