The shooting of Justine Damond in Minneapolis

Wascurito

Justine Damond (formerly Ruszczyk) surely never imagined that when she called 911 on Saturday night to report an assault near her home in Minneapolis, that she'd end up being shot dead by one of the police officers who arrived on the scene.

Originally from Australia, she was enagaged to be married to her American fiancé, Don next month.

The officer who fired his gun has been identified as Mohamed Noor, a Somali-American. Local reports say he joined the police department in March 2015.

In that time, he has built up a certain history. He's been sued for violating a woman's rights by entering her home without permission along with colleagues during a "mental health crisis" being experienced by the woman. Allegedly, Noor grabbed her wrist and upper arm. Noor relaxed his grip when the woman said she had a previous shoulder injury, the lawsuit says.

City records also show Noor had three complaints on his file. No details were provided on the nature of the complaints. However, one was dismissed with no disciplinary action having been taken. and The other two complaints are still pending.

There's a large Somali community in Minneapolis and they have been subjected to Islamophobia. Five Somalis were shot in June last year by a man who was apparently shouting anti-Muslim expletives.

Relatives want answers after Australian woman who called 911 killed by US officer

Last edited:

Mick Mac

I don't think there is grounds for his religion to be a factor in this tragedy. It's not that I am pretending there isn't sickening misogny in muslim communities. It's just I don't see it being a factor here.

The Field Marshal

If he had a mental health crisis then he should not have been on the police force and should not have been given a weapon .

Simply asking for trouble that is.

There are other obvious aspects to the case but I will allow others to comment on those..

The Field Marshal

I don't think there is grounds for his religion to be a factor in this tragedy. It's not that I am pretending there isn't sickening misogny in muslim communities. It's just I don't see it being a factor here.
You must like exposing your vast ignorance.

:roll:

Nobody knows why this happened as yet.

Prester Jim

If he had a mental health crisis then he should not have been on the police force and should not have been given a weapon .

There are other obvious aspects to the case but I will allow others to comment on those..
I read that as her mental health crisis as he entered with colleagues.

Wascurito

The mental health crisis was being experienced by the woman. I've amended the OP so no confusion is possible.

cunnyfunt

"The Minneapolis police officers who arrived at Justine Damond’s home shortly before she was shot and killed on Saturday did not have their body cameras on -- in violation of department policy -- and the American Civil Liberties Union wants to know why"

This is a very suspect killing..

Mick Mac

You must like exposing your vast ignorance.

:roll:

Nobody knows why this happened as yet.
The reference to his background, to a climate of anti Muslim crime.

The insinuation is there even if unintentional

Mick Mac

"The Minneapolis police officers who arrived at Justine Damond’s home shortly before she was shot and killed on Saturday did not have their body cameras on -- in violation of department policy -- and the American Civil Liberties Union wants to know why"

This is a very suspect killing..
It certainly is suspect.

Betson

This officer is in very big trouble , she was unarmed and posing no risk , he obviously panicked and shot off rounds into the first person he saw at the scene.

The only question seems to be one of Murder or manslaughter.

The Field Marshal

The officer is called Mohamed Noor, a Somali-American.
He already has some complaints against him and the shooting of the woman is being treated as a homicide.

[There was a Somali thug Farah Swaleh Noor who came to Ireland and the Irish scissor sisters eliminated him].

Last edited:

cunnyfunt

This officer is in very big trouble , she was unarmed and posing no risk , he obviously panicked and shot off rounds into the first person he saw at the scene.

3 complaints and now a murder to his name in only 2 yrs as an "officer". Contender for the worst new recruit of all time.

razorblade

This was murder plain and simple, a defenceless woman was shot dead in cold blood.

The Field Marshal

Obviously panicked?

Why obviously?

There is no background given out on this case so you can not say that IMO.

The_SR

The officer is called Mohamed Noor, a Somali-American.
He already has some complaints against him and the shooting of the woman is being treated as a homicide.

There was a Somali thug Farah Swaleh Noor who came to Ireland and the Irish scissor sisters eliminated him.
You really are a clinical moron.

The Field Marshal

In her PJ's apparently........couldnt have resembled a burglar surely...?
Maybe she offended the Islamic dress code.

People have been beheaded by moslems for less.

Wascurito

Panicked? She was standing in the street in her pyjamas.....!

New Threads

Most Replies