The shooting of Justine Damond in Minneapolis

Wascurito

The USA is a society eating itself alive. It's fast on the road to self-oblivion.
They need to sort out their attitude to guns. But when even members of the police seem to be irresponsible with loaded weapons, where's the hope that ordinary people will be more careful?

Wascurito

My first impression was he was not paying attention to her, distracted with something else, maybe loading the gun or checking the gun, she approached the car he never seen her coming, tapped on the window, he was startled and let off a round, he shot her through the closed window, so that suggests he was not speaking with her, clearly she was no threat to him the window was closed he was in the car.

My guess is a tragic accident in a society with too many guns.
Are there links out there putting forward such a detailed description of events?

flavirostris

Somalis in the police force? Really.

owedtojoy

Obviously the cop felt his life was in danger from the unarmed woman in pyjamas who had reported a crime ...

.... that makes it ok, you see.

Franzoni

The USA is a society eating itself alive. It's fast on the road to self-oblivion.
I heard it described recently as the United States of madness....

Something is going off the rails alright and it won't be good for the rest of us unless they manage to sort it out....

Sad really as American culture had a lot to offer in the past.....

flavirostris

Really, and why not?

They are over half a dozen in that particular city.
Because they might shoot to death completely innocent white women.

Oh wait.. that already happened.

feedmelies

No doubt he got into the country and the police force based on affirmative action & diversity quotas.

owedtojoy

Well he either panicked thinking she was posing a danger and and shot her through the windscreen without first verifying who so was , if he did not panic then this was a deliberate act to murder her.

I suspect it is going to be the former.
Cops are supposed to be, you know, trained to handle dangerous situations.

And this guy had two years on the job.

My own suspicion is that he was messing with his gun and it went off. Are cops allowed to "mess with their guns" like a boy playing with his dick?

feedmelies

My first impression was he was not paying attention to her, distracted with something else, maybe loading the gun or checking the gun, she approached the car he never seen her coming, tapped on the window, he was startled and let off a round, he shot her through the closed window, so that suggests he was not speaking with her, clearly she was no threat to him the window was closed he was in the car.

My guess is a tragic accident in a society with too many guns.
The implication of course being that too many guns cause "accidents" like this.

Why do such "accidents" not appear to happen in countries like Switzerland where guns are just as present?

owedtojoy

No doubt he got into the country and the police force based on affirmative action & diversity quotas.
The weirdest thing is that he did not need to be in a uniform at all to possess any number of guns.

He could be a complete nutcase, and Trump and the NRA would defend his "right to bear arms".

owedtojoy

So you would be cheering if it was a black woman?

I suppose you feel threatened by black women in pyjamas, too?

A white woman in pyjamas. Smooth.

owedtojoy

Cops even shot A LEGAL GUN OWNER.

But he was black, so that made it ok, even for the NRA.

Franzoni

If you want to know how this sort of thing can happen, just imagine giving a loaded weapon to your average garda, a wet week out of Templemore. I'm sure they're all fine lads 'n lassies but I'm acquainted with one who, a short time ago, was minding a shop counter.

Guns and inexperience don't mix.
I worked with a few younger fellas who started out on their tools and ended up in the feds....

Nice lads and solid enough in ways but society might of been better off if their ould lads were less well connected and they were left on the stupid end of a welding plant......one was quite hot headed and very quick to take offence....dodgy enough on a building site but not good for making snap decisions as a guard i would of thought.....

Anyways i digress....RIP and condolences to that poor woman and her family.....

Wascurito

The description in this article of the incident with the woman who was allegedly having a "mental health crisis" has the woman denying she was undergoing any such crisis.

On the other hand, descriptions of him are pretty glowing; "kind, fair person", "lovely guy" etc.....

What we know about Mohamed Noor - StarTribune.com

owedtojoy

I can see a smart lawyers putting together a good defence ...

... Aussies are well tanned & it was dark, Yer Honour, so I thought she was BLACK ..

... black person approaching car in a threatening manner, like leaning to talk to the driver ... Aussie accent sounded like ghetto talk ...

... I thought she was reaching for a gun inside her pyjamas and my life was in danger .

... so I plugged her, Yer Honour.

He will get off, for sure.

flavirostris

And the WASP cops haven't?
Somalis can barely drive cars. You don't give them guns unless you're completely insane.

owedtojoy

The description in this article of the incident with the woman who was allegedly having a "mental health crisis" has the woman denying she was undergoing any such crisis.

On the other hand, descriptions of him are pretty glowing; "kind, fair person", "lovely guy" etc.....

What we know about Mohamed Noor - StarTribune.com
I dont place much cred on the reports of previous trouble with the officer, they sound like what can happen "normally" in routine situations.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies