The Showdown: Donald Trump vs Joe Biden for US President 2020

Paddyc

Holy ****, these guys are lethal
I love the last line "I'm a pro life gun owning combat veteran and I can see Trump for what he is, a coward"

Try passing that off as latte drinking soy boy effete liberals..

Paddyc

Well its President Donald Trump the Egotist

- who gets things done !

v's

a mr nice guy

- who isn't too sure what's going on! o_O

Your Choice....
What did Donald Trump get done?

What signature legislation can he stand over?

What foreign policy achievements can he claim?

He's cut taxes, slashed health and safety regulations and demonised foreign people with different coloured skin.

NYCKY

The risk comes from things like this:

There is also risk from polls that show the vast majority of the voters aren't in favour of defunding or dismantling police departments. Any voter that does support those kinds of initiatives was never going to vote for Trump.

NYCKY

If I had an opponent like Trump I'd try to stay as quiet as possible as well and encourage him to twitter and bawl his heart out. Which is pretty much what Biden is doing.

Why waste energy when your opponent is busy bombing his own campaign.
That's a very high risk strategy and while it could work, ultimately it's unlikely to work out. One of the issues with a plan like that is that by the time you realize it's no longer effective, it's too late to fix it.

caledhel

For the last few Presidential elections the Presidential Debate Commission has organised these debates on a bipartisan basis.

Trump, being a big baby, complained that they were biased against him and was refusing to debate.

Then the ar5e fell out of his polling figures and he wanted four debates with different moderators. Biden's people told him to f**k right off and the greatest deal maker in the world ever f**ked right off and accepted the original terms.

Biden meanwhile was debating all year before wiping the floor with all his Democratic opponents, all of whom have endorsed him.

Trump, on the other hand, has hardly completed a press conference without storming off in a huff because someone asked him a hard question.

But yeah, Trump's a master debater....
Whether it's acknowledged or not America granted the world a political system organised beyond class based systems.

Communism, as with the other foi sociale, is a class based rather than citizen based system. It's important that America, as the progenitors of citizenry as the ground of politics, stays healthy. We may choose to forget the role they have played, and continue to play, but that doesn't negate it. We trash them at our peril.

Class based systems have brought ruin to wide swathes of whichever population it has held sway over whereas citizen based systems have seen the progress that has brought unprecedented improvements in standards of living and the quality of life for billions of people. Environmentalism is a product of growing prosperity, it's a good that development produces. I'd hazard that most of the most vehement discontents know little or nothing of what lies without.

I refuse to see fellow citizens as belonging to socio-economic groups - I think it's an insult to myself and to them - no less than I refuse to define them according to arbitrary physical characteristics. Rather I take them as I find them according to their character (principally), application and talent.

Debates are important facets of leadership contests as they are showcases of mastery, lucidity, succinctness and the conceptualisation of the challenges of the office. They are opportunities to compare and contrast the plans and capabilities of the candidates.

It is the responsibility of the candidates, the electorate and the hosts to take them seriously. It's a fight and let the strongest, best prepared and most capable candidate win.

Jack Walsh

That's a very high risk strategy and while it could work, ultimately it's unlikely to work out. One of the issues with a plan like that is that by the time you realize it's no longer effective, it's too late to fix it.
I'd agree if it indeed were a strategy, but I don't believe it is. It's just the smart strategy, for now.
Biden and Dems are playing it safe for sure, but safe due to Covid and are being proved stunningly correct in doing so, while Trump keeps digging even bigger holes for himself.

Biden is making clever rapier thrusts in appearances while always being respectful to health guidelines.
An overwhelming majority of Americans are now back extremely worried on Covid and back all safety measures
He is undoubtedly on the right side of a strong winning position right now

Look how he swept to Dem nomination, quietly, quietly, then blitzed it for a week and bam it was game over
It looks abundantly clear to me that whatever shortcomings Biden has, he is being managed by a very good campaign team

Dearghoul

Whether it's acknowledged or not America granted the world a political system organised beyond class based systems.

Communism, as with the other foi sociale, is a class based rather than citizen based system. It's important that America, as the progenitors of citizenry as the ground of politics, stays healthy. We may choose to forget the role they have played, and continue to play, but that doesn't negate it. We trash them at our peril.

Class based systems have brought ruin to wide swathes of whichever population it has held sway over whereas citizen based systems have seen the progress that has brought unprecedented improvements in standards of living and the quality of life for billions of people. Environmentalism is a product of growing prosperity, it's a good that development produces. I'd hazard that most of the most vehement discontents know little or nothing of what lies without.

I refuse to see fellow citizens as belonging to socio-economic groups - I think it's an insult to myself and to them - no less than I refuse to define them according to arbitrary physical characteristics. Rather I take them as I find them according to their character (principally), application and talent.

Debates are important facets of leadership contests as they are showcases of mastery, lucidity, succinctness and the conceptualisation of the challenges of the office. They are opportunities to compare and contrast the plans and capabilities of the candidates.

It is the responsibility of the candidates, the electorate and the hosts to take them seriously. It's a fight and let the strongest, best prepared and most capable candidate win.
Nevertheless.

Tripadviser

Watched Biden on CNN this evening and I thought he was very impressive, very articulate and really on top of his brief. Took lots of questions from journalists and did not walk out. I'm starting to look at Biden more positively now

caledhel

Trump has to improve. He's not good enough at the moment. He needs a training month if he is to have a chance.

This is the period before the conventions so the phony war part. Once Biden secures the nomination then battle is fully joined.

Europe is a great project. Both Europe and America complement each other. I'm not for one and against the other.

I am an enemy of the elitists of vanguard movements though. They wreck to control and then don't know how to realise their promises once they seize power. Instead they dionysise during the collapse.

raetsel

WTF has Trump got done?
The only thing that matters to most of these clowns is that he has appointed conservative judges to the US supreme court who, they fantasise, will one day rule abortion to be unconstitutional, and that this will miraculously also somehow return Europe to the 1950s in time and Ireland will revert to the true faith, be saved from the fires of hell and throw out abortion as well.
It doesn't matter at all to these fanatical nutters that the person they trust to deliver this "miracle" is a crook, a liar, a bully and a sexual deviant. :)

Catapulta

What did Donald Trump get done?

What signature legislation can he stand over?

What foreign policy achievements can he claim?

He's cut taxes, slashed health and safety regulations and demonised foreign people with different coloured skin.
Until covid 19 hit he kept the USA out of any more foreign wars

- agreed a deal in Afghanistan

- defused the showdown with the Kim Family Dynasty*

- faced up to China over lop sided trade 'deals' his predecessors had caved in to

- and stopped Iran in its tracks inside Iraq.

At home more people than ever in jobs

- and the Stock Market was booming.

Oh yeah - he cut taxes for millions of American workers!

What's there not to like?

He would be walking on air

- except for the Kung Flu Thing!:mad:

* NOT the Kardishians!

Jack Walsh

Watched Biden on CNN this evening and I thought he was very impressive, very articulate and really on top of his brief. Took lots of questions from journalists and did not walk out. I'm starting to look at Biden more positively now

Just caught a good slice of it now, really strong and looked every inch what all of us had assumed up till 2016 a POTUS should look like

Catapulta

I'd agree if it indeed were a strategy, but I don't believe it is. It's just the smart strategy, for now.
Biden and Dems are playing it safe for sure, but safe due to Covid and are being proved stunningly correct in doing so, while Trump keeps digging even bigger holes for himself.

Biden is making clever rapier thrusts in appearances while always being respectful to health guidelines.
An overwhelming majority of Americans are now back extremely worried on Covid and back all safety measures
He is undoubtedly on the right side of a strong winning position right now

Look how he swept to Dem nomination, quietly, quietly, then blitzed it for a week and bam it was game over
It looks abundantly clear to me that whatever shortcomings Biden has, he is being managed by a very good campaign team
He will crumble when the cameras start rolling and the Folks see how old and frail he has become....

It is one gruelling time on the Campaign Trail

- & he wont be up to it....

Jack Walsh

He will crumble when the cameras start rolling and the Folks see how old and frail he has become....

It is one gruelling time on the Campaign Trail

- & he wont be up to it....
You have nothing to back that up except wishful thinking
Like a football fan of a team who are behind by 12 pts at Easter and playing one sh*t match after the next.
"I'm telling you lads, I know we aren't playing great but they'll bottle it, they'll crumble, we'll still win it handy, trust me"

And the cameras have been rolling on him for over 12 months, and 50 years before that too.
But you keep convincing yourself that the most experienced person to ever stand for the Presidency is somehow going to "crumble" when faced head to head with a bumbling, sniffling, ill prepared calamity who cannot string a sentence together and has no command of facts or details because he listens to no one.

It's time you looked at your guy and stopped the Hail Mary's that Biden is just going to "crumble"

Jack Walsh

There's a Suffolk University / USA Today A rated poll out.

National GE: Biden 53% (+12) Trump 41% @Suffolk_U/@USATODAY 6/25-29
7:18 PM · Jun 30, 2020
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1278030222361853952|twgr^&ref_url=https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213678671&tweet_id=1278030222361853952
That’s a consistent double digit lead for Biden and no visible way out of the hole for Trump without changing course demonstrably.

I had a look at that poll and included in it is an absolute shocking poll for Republicans, they trail the Dems in the generic ballot by a staggering 14%
51% to 37%

If anything like that happens on Nov 2nd, they can kiss the Senate goodbye and even supposed banker seats like Moscow's and Lindsay's will be in peril

Dearghoul

Trump has to improve. He's not good enough at the moment. He needs a training month if he is to have a chance.

This is the period before the conventions so the phony war part. Once Biden secures the nomination then battle is fully joined.

Europe is a great project. Both Europe and America complement each other. I'm not for one and against the other.

I am an enemy of the elitists of vanguard movements though. They wreck to control and then don't know how to realise their promises once they seize power. Instead they dionysise during the collapse.
'Dionysise, during the collapse'

'Elitists of the vanguard movement'

You know that stuff going on in your head...You really ought to make an attempt at making it understandable .

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom