• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

Hewson

Trump was obviously thinking about the drones who support him and just got his metaphors confused ................................

At the same Town Hall appearance Trump criticised Biden for not enacting a nationwide mask-wearing mandate.

It seems that almost four years into the job Trump still doesn't realise he's president. Or he thinks Biden is a lousy president. Or he's not sure what a president is . . . or something . . .

Jack Walsh

Rasmussen even more "outlying" than usual....

A journalist who sent them a query got this back:

EiDGkm-XkAIIzEM?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

I have generally felt Rasmussen's methodology was bogus but there was no intentional bias.
However, I now believe they are reveling in their status and see it as a PR stunt
But ultimately credibility is all that matters for a polling company, and unless we are all missing something and Rasmussen are the only pollster who are right, they are shredding their credibility long term.

HarshBuzz

Trump dumping all over the head of the CDC here: claims he is wrong about the timing of the vaccine and the efficacy of masks.

Expect a resignation to follow...

Paddyc

Hold what he has now and reduce Biden's by the difference betweee n them.

He will focus on States where has the best chance of doing that & avoid those where he has no hope eg California.

Donald is a Fighter

- he won't give up easy....😎
You reckon Trump won't campaign in California?

You really have your finger on the pulse of this campaign all right... 🤣

Wagmore

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

You never disappoint Waggie, you never disappoint. Just when I think we must surely have reached the bottom of your barrel of incoherent gibberish, suddenly you pull out a whole new basement piled high with barrels of Stupid and Shameless.

In Waggie world he is now claiming that the Victoria lockdown is fueling "secession" in other AU states. Something no doubt he heard from Daily Stormtrooper or some other far-right sewer. And something that no doubt will come as a complete surprise to everyone over on this side of the world.

Waggie I know the braincell bouncing around inside your skull is a tad lonely, but even your shameless idiocy must be somewhat dimly aware that you are trying to talk complete shite about countries some of us live and work in/for. Yes indeed, it may have escaped your attention but many people on this site are highly-educated Irish professionals now living in the very countries you are blethering cluelessly on about from your ma's boxroom.

Do you honestly think everyone else on here is like yourself, never been further than the local Spar, and only then under supervision?

Why do you do this? I'm genuinely curious.
Feel like a plonker yet? You really should. "Daily Stormstrooper"---"talk complete shite"---RTE a "far right sewer?"😁😁 Hang your head Slydey Hang your bleedin head

luggage

Very interesting poll from CNBC. Basically a pox on both your houses,

Most voters don’t see Trump and Biden as mentally fit to be president, new poll shows

"A majority of voters in six swing states consider President Trump and Joe Biden mentally unfit to be president, according to a new CNBC/Change Research poll."

Democrats dropped the ball, again.

NYCKY

Really dire poll out from Quinnipiac for Trump/Republicans in Maine
Biden leading in state by a huge 21% (Clinton won in 2016 by less than 3%)
Of far more relevance, Biden has a big 9% lead in 2nd District

If Biden can win this district, he can win Presidency without both PA or Florida just by holding Clinton won states and taking Michigan, Wisconsin and Arizona, all three where he currently has very healthy leads.
He will of course aim higher, but this path without even PA and Florida will scare the pants of Trump campaign

The misery continues for Republicans with Collins now polling 12% behind in Senate race.
It is very clear Maine has turned significantly on Trump, and Collins and the party's obsequiousness to Trump has badly backfired

The two others states polled by Quinnipiac were South Carolina and Kentucky
South Carolina is miles tighter than expected with Trump just 5% ahead and Lindsay Graham incredibly polled to be in a tie!

No earthquake in Kentucky alas where both Trump and Moscow look safe
They have sucked hard on Trump koolaid in Kentucky and West Virginia and parts of Ohio and will probably need to be living in a ditch starving before it dawns on them they aren't actually better off now.
The second district in Maine is very interesting, it's one of the largest and most rural in the country, certainly in the Eastern half and it has an area about the size of the Republic of Ireland.

I noticed that today, the RCP had moved the district to Biden in the no toss up map, a 9 point polling lead can have that effect. GOP POTUS nominees tend to campaign here, they can add it on to a New Hampshire visit but usually to no avail, though Bush came close in 2000. Trump won the district handily in 2016 by about 10 points, reversing Obama's roughly 10 point victory there four years earlier.

The district tends to swing a bit, back and forth between the parties. Also, interestingly, the incumbent GOP Congressman topped the poll in 2018 but lost the seat, thanks to the newly introduced ranked choice voting, that saw the Democratic challenger overtake the GOP incumbent on transfers.

Sidewindered

No earthquake in Kentucky alas where both Trump and Moscow look safe
They have sucked hard on Trump koolaid in Kentucky and West Virginia and parts of Ohio and will probably need to be living in a ditch starving before it dawns on them they aren't actually better off now.
I'm honestly not even sure that would do it.

Remember at the end of the day Trump is just an eruption of putrescence that comes from 40 years of neo-liberal voodoonomics and rampant GOP gaslighting of the entire population that if you are poor you deserve it and if you work three jobs you too will one day be a millionaire.

I honestly think we could hit Great Depression levels of widespread mass unemployment, utter misery, and Hooverville tent cities in the middle of every town, and the GOP/Trump would still be on 30-35% with the strongest support of all coming from people living in a shack made from an old pallet and a large plastic bag.

Sidewindered

I have generally felt Rasmussen's methodology was bogus but there was no intentional bias.
However, I now believe they are reveling in their status and see it as a PR stunt
But ultimately credibility is all that matters for a polling company, and unless we are all missing something and Rasmussen are the only pollster who are right, they are shredding their credibility long term.
Like every other part of the cult, all they have left now is yahoo "make libruls cry" gobshitery and generally acting like brats on skittles.

They don't care about anything else. Just in-your-face "I''m an asshole, what you gonna do about it!". Nihilistic jerks who feel they have nothing else to lose and don't care if the whole world burns.

pablabel12

Most voters don’t see Trump and Biden as mentally fit to be president, new poll shows

"A majority of voters in six swing states consider President Trump and Joe Biden mentally unfit to be president, according to a new CNBC/Change Research poll."

Voters in the US proved in 2016 that they are mentally unfit to be voters. About 40 % of them will continue to be mentally unfit in 2020.

Ardillaun

Any sign of a significant ‘Shy Trumpster’ element lurking in the polling numbers? As with Brexit, some of the people who later confessed to voting for Trump in 2016 really surprised me.

Catapulta

You reckon Trump won't campaign in California?

You really have your finger on the pulse of this campaign all right... 🤣
He might - but he will not be doing it in the hope of winning the Presidential votes there

- they will be token appearances

Sync

There really isn’t any point focusing on different areas of Maine, no more than there is in Alabama. The States are going blue and red respectively.

Lumpy Talbot

Top Poster Of Month
Twitter
No
Even seeing Maine and Alabama mentioned in the same political sentence is weird. The political Princess and political Shrek.

Sidewindered

There really isn’t any point focusing on different areas of Maine, no more than there is in Alabama.
Well not unless you think the election will be so close that the Nebraska and Maine EVs by congressional district could tip the balance. They are the only two states that don't have a simple winner-takes-all. They have winner-takes-most.

Trump I believe got one EV out of Maine in 2016 and Obama won an EV out of Nebraska at least once. It's unlikely sure, and I'm not sure if it has ever been that close in the EC, but it is theoretically possible for those EVs to really matter. And Trump needs all the EVs he can get.

Wagmore

Classic Libbie gaslighting. Our guy is gone in the head. Let's go after their guy for the same reason. AKA-pulling a Pelosi- to quote the old bag of bone- "it's a tactic."

owedtojoy

Hold what he has now and reduce Biden's by the difference betweee n them.

He will focus on States where has the best chance of doing that & avoid those where he has no hope eg California.

Donald is a Fighter

- he won't give up easy....😎
Trump is not a fighter. He is a coward.

He plan is to come within "cheating distance" of Biden. If Biden wins by small margins, he and his consigliore William Barr will make an assault on the election's legitimacy.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom