• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The sick Orange Order under Robert Saulters

DJP

I was shocked and disturbed to read this news item on The Evening Herald website:

"The leader of the Orange Order has told a rally in Co. Down this afternoon that its annual parade in the city attracts more people than any similar event in Ireland or Britain.

Robert Saulters, the Orange Order's grand master, said the Twelfth of July parades could become a major tourist attraction if they get support from the tourist board...

On a more politically contentious note, he said it was sickening to watch those who had carried out dastardly terrorist attacks sitting in government.

It was, he said, 'time to bring back hanging or the electric chair for murder and the cat of nine tails for those carrying weapons, whether they are guns or knives.

'The days of pussy-footing with criminals should end, assuring the British government that there would be many volunteers in the North to gladly carry out executions."

Catalpa

It was, he said, 'time to bring back hanging or the electric chair for murder and the cat of nine tails for those carrying weapons, whether they are guns or knives.

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the British Crown Forces carry guns? :shock:

alonso

wtf!

what a psycho!

DJP

Catalpa said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the British Crown Forces carry guns? :shock:
They are primitive people living in the Stone Age- at least that is how they are under their current grand master.

blinding

they are willing to practise all of the above on catholics if given the opportunity

ArtyQueing

I wonder will he include those who parade in intimidatory marches with swords and other weapons, playing songs which celebrate the slaughter of innocent woman and children.

ArtyQueing

He is Merle - every last one of them.

fergalr

I saw a bit on the BBC earlier... they need floats. And papier mache heads.

ArtyQueing

he is - but we have to wait until all these organisations have the last one left to do it

st333ve

He must have been talking about the PUP, afterall theyre in Stormont government and their terrorist organisations UVF/RHC are both still fully armed.

Isnt it starnge how unionists didnt wanted 'armed terrorists' in Stormont yet this party walked straight in armed to the teeth?

RG Cuan

He, like many others, is a crazy bigot living in the 1600s.

I wonder how the BBC, UTV, NI Tourist Board are going to spin this one...

Orangefest mo thóin.

ArtyQueing

RG Cuan said:
He, like many others, is a crazy bigot living in the 1600s.

I wonder how the BBC, UTV, NI Tourist Board are going to spin this one...

Orangefest mo thóin.
I refer you to Rev Dickinsons speech at Ballyclare

kymro

merle haggard said:
ah, loyal volunteers , executions ...gotta love the twelfth and the orange order . This what theyre about and always have been about . Saulters was chosen as their more moderate face .
I'm sure you of all people must find the idea of the death penalty and physical punishment for those who transgress absolutely abhorrent.

It's just so unRepublican.

Tiernanator

blinding said:
they are willing to practise all of the above on catholics if given the opportunity
The Shankill Butchers are the true face of unionism not the sanitised version the OO are trying to present.

dazzler

And they want to promote this shite as a tourist attraction. Only the OO and the KKK

kymro

Tiernanator said:
blinding said:
The Shankill Butchers are the true face of unionism not the sanitised version the OO are trying to present.
That's as true as to suggest the murderers of Jean McConville are the 'true face' of Republicanism.

It's odd that on another thread you are incandscent with rage at the suggestion that you might support or participate in Republican violence, yet you are perfectly happy to equate Unionists of all backgrounds with the Shankill Butchers.

Like many other posters here your understaning of 'the other side' goes no further than 'us good you bad'.