The Skeleton Closet of the US State Department

sheehan

Wikileak is under DOS attack by ???

Guardian report

"The cables published today reveal how the US uses its embassies as part of a global espionage network, with diplomats tasked to obtain not just information from the people they meet, but personal details, such as frequent flyer numbers, credit card details and even DNA material."

"One cable records that during a meeting in January with General David Petraeus, then US commander in the Middle East, Yemeni president Abdullah Saleh said: "We'll continue saying they are our bombs, not yours.":p

jcdf

The US like most major countries uses its embassies for foreign espionage work. This is nothing surprising. All diplomats of all nations are tasked with obtaining as much information as possible about the people of foreign countries. This is nothing surprising.
The quote you gave about General Petraeus is out of any context and therefore could mean anything.

sheehan

I hope that the Americans would be so light-hearted like you (pretending to be I suspect), nevertheless, Ms Cliton has been instructing her troops around the world and embarking on a damage control mission herself. I wonder why?

New Threads

Most Replies