• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

The Solution for The NI Forum

Irish-Rationalist

Shut it down (the internet contains enough debris already), or amalgamate with the 3 county Ulster forum.

Outstanding Problems:

1. Poor quality of debate. In fact, the level of proper debate in the NI forum is close to non-existent, and the quality couldn't be worse.

2. Poor quality of poster's posting dull, lethargic, unimaginative, predictable, stereotypical, mind-numbing, BS.

3. Many poster's are incapable or reluctant to engage in proper debate and instead use the forum to mindlessly loiter on a daily basis. These posters post asinine, incomprehensible, illiterate, worthless, crap. Between the Bridges being the foremost example of a mindless, intellectually vacant, forum loiterer. The Death or Glory guy being another ...among others.

4. The NI forum is not a debating platform but a special needs school and social club for the intellectually challenged. Cognitive midgets fumbling to express themselves articulately and lucidly is a stable forum characteristic. Clumsily attempting to perform cyber-fellatio upon each-other on a daily basis does not make a debating forum.

5. Those poster's who are capable of stringing a semi-comprehensible, semi-intelligent, sentence together tend to go to extremes, and post some of the most laborious, tedious, tortuous, circumlocutory, spirit crushing, guff, and they tend to be foreign or foreign based. Stop it. Brevity is your friend.

5.5. Serious lack of craic and humour in the NI forum, and that's not what NI is about. Some might attribute this lack of laughter to the Ulster-Scots being a dour breed, but the Gaels aren't exactly a laugh a minute either. Lighten the f*** up or GTFO. If you need tips on developing a sense of humour Youtube Ken Dodd.

6. Level of forum activity is literally non-existent for extended periods. This forum is a painfully dead forum in desperate need of resuscitation. Only young virgin orange and fenian blood shall suffice.

7. By merging the 6 county NI forum with the 3 county Ulster forum to create a 9 county Ulster forum we not only make reparations for the mistake of partition, and pragmatic preparations for Irish reunification, we also generate much needed forum activity. The people of Monaghan, Cavan and Donegal can't be any more tedious than the current 6 county collective. And Cavan isn't that bad.

8. I know unionist's shall have difficulty with proposal 7 and shall insist on democracy and the principle of consent. Just in: NI is not a democratic country as it was brought into existence unilaterally by a British administration, against the wishes of the majority in Ireland as manifested in the GE results of in 1918, and on the basis of a sectarian head count in 1921.

9. Refer to points 1 to 8 bearing in mind that you've already read them.

10. Green bottles.

Se0samh

Shut it down (the internet contains enough debris already), or amalgamate with the 3 county Ulster forum.

Outstanding Problems:

1. Poor quality of debate. In fact, the level of proper debate in the NI forum is close to non-existent, and the quality couldn't be worse.

2. Poor quality of poster's posting dull, lethargic, unimaginative, predictable, stereotypical, mind-numbing, BS.

3. Many poster's are incapable or reluctant to engage in proper debate and instead use the forum to mindlessly loiter on a daily basis. These posters post asinine, incomprehensible, illiterate, worthless, crap. Between the Bridges being the foremost example of a mindless, intellectually vacant, forum loiterer. The Death or Glory guy being another ...among others.

4. The NI forum is not a debating platform but a special needs school and social club for the intellectually challenged. Cognitive midgets fumbling to express themselves articulately and lucidly is a stable forum characteristic. Clumsily attempting to perform cyber-fellatio upon each-other on a daily basis does not make a debating forum.

5. Those poster's who are capable of stringing a semi-comprehensible, semi-intelligent, sentence together tend to go to extremes, and post some of the most laborious, tedious, tortuous, circumlocutory, spirit crushing, guff, and they tend to be foreign or foreign based. Stop it. Brevity is your friend.

5.5. Serious lack of craic and humour in the NI forum, and that's not what NI is about. Some might attribute this lack of laughter to the Ulster-Scots being a dour breed, but the Gaels aren't exactly a laugh a minute either. Lighten the f*** up or GTFO. If you need tips on developing a sense of humour Youtube Ken Dodd.

6. Level of forum activity is literally non-existent for extended periods. This forum is a painfully dead forum in desperate need of resuscitation. Only young virgin orange and fenian blood shall suffice.

7. By merging the 6 county NI forum with the 3 county Ulster forum to create a 9 county Ulster forum we not only make reparations for the mistake of partition, and pragmatic preparations for Irish reunification, we also generate much needed forum activity. The people of Monaghan, Cavan and Donegal can't be any more tedious than the current 6 county collective. And Cavan isn't that bad.

8. I know unionist's shall have difficulty with proposal 7 and shall insist on democracy and the principle of consent. Just in: NI is not a democratic country as it was brought into existence unilaterally by a British administration, against the wishes of the majority in Ireland as manifested in the GE results of in 1918, and on the basis of a sectarian head count in 1921.

10. Green bottles.

............:(

Irish-Rationalist

Put in in the United Kingdom Forum where it belongs ....
It would only be treated as the unwanted and embarrassing distant cousin.

May even be condescended to.

statsman

Build a wall around it.

hollandia

Outstanding Problems:

10. Green bottles.
Irony alert...

between the bridges

OPs naming posters are verboten, but rather than report moi suggests as usual everyone laughs at the ball beg...

Strawberry

I suggest we take off and nuke the NI forum from orbit, its the only way to be sure.

between the bridges

Unless it seems it's to accuse a mod of abusing privilege.
Open season on mods is fair enough, they have the power to make ye pay...

Irish-Rationalist

Thirteen responses, all of which confirm everything I've outlined in the OP. You brain-dead f***s deserve each other.

Se0samh

Thirteen responses, all of which confirm everything I've outlined in the OP. You brain-dead f***s deserve each other.
O call not me to justify the wrong
That thy unkindness lays upon my heart.
Wound me not with thine eye, but with thy tongue;
Use pow'r with pow'r, and slay me not by art...................................:(

Irish-Rationalist

O call not me to justify the wrong
That thy unkindness lays upon my heart.
Wound me not with thine eye, but with thy tongue;
Use pow'r with pow'r, and slay me not by art...................................:(
This is a bit harsh.

between the bridges

Translation: Please post on my Fred so I can rub myself...

Ex celt

Outstanding Problems:

10. Green bottles.
Appalling and consistent misuse of the apostrophe'.

Irish-Rationalist

Another two responses which confirm everything in the OP.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies