The Stanford University Rape Case

O

Oscurito

If you think feeling sympathy for "the lad" after he dragged a drunk girl behind a skip and raped her is ok, then you might want to have a look at yourself too. Just because he grew up in an entitled environment where his parents, coaches and friends told him everyrhing he sees is his for the taking doesn't excuse his vile behaviour.
...and knowing he was as guilty as hell, he still put her through the ordeal of a trial.

O

Oscurito

Don't be under any illusions that the girls Ger13 is talking about getting raped will be reporting it. They know it's a waste of time and it's a double rape if you do.
As someone else said, he might have only been sentenced to six months but it's six months more than most rapists get.

That in turn is thanks to the two Swedish guys who rescued her and caught Turner.

It did occur to me that if they'd been two African-American men, they might have been the ones ending up in the dock.

Spanner Island

Band

More hysteria from the mob on social media.
In fairness her statement was pretty feckin' dumb... akin to saying murder on campus isn't always because the offender is a murderer... a moronic statement imo...

She should have said not all sex on campus between two intoxicated piss-heads who are so wasted that neither of them are in a fit state to consent is necessarily rape...

As it is he's been convicted and the sentence is a feckin' disgrace...

There are people in America doing life for growing a few cannabis plants... and this particular sentence reeks of 'establishment' tossers looking after each other...

Priorities are all f***ed up...

Emily Davison

I agree if those are the facts however you will see feminist posters on here [claiming to want equality] yet having no problem with women getting easier sentences and lower rates of convictions for the same crimes. You will never see them complaining about false rape accusers and their laughably lenient sentences either which lead to actual rapes being deprived of resources. Instead they continue their hatchet job on ''all men'' . If the same standard was applied to women they'd be screaming 'not all women' .

What does 'if those are the facts' mean.

And I see general whataboutery from you too. Have you anything to say about the case or are you a one man band on your anti woman crusade, which has nothing whatsoever to do with this thread.

I think I could nearly write the replies from most of you. But I did do a double take on Pablito's reply, even read it twice to see I wasn't mistaken.

D

Deleted member 45466

And here we go again with you too. Have you anything to say about the victim, about the rapist, or is it general whataboutery to divert attention elsewhere.
For someone who constantly whines about crude generalisations I'm surprised that you're defending a crude generalisation.

Emily Davison

She? Ger12 is a woman?
Yes Ger13 is a woman, she was being sarcastic I assume.

We've had this debate on here before. I'm wondering now how many will do victim blaming on this one. Some here don't even consider it a rape where the man in court admits the rape. And did you miss the 50 men in Kerry shaking the rapists hand a couple of years ago. In answer to your question about what goes on around nightclubs. Speak to poster Amster, he's the kind of guy that prevents these things happening.

Emily Davison

It’s a clearly a very serious rape aggravated by no expression of guilt or remorse.

The sentence is far too lenient.
Was it really a very serious rape Pabilito? In what way?

Emily Davison

As someone else said, he might have only been sentenced to six months but it's six months more than most rapists get.

That in turn is thanks to the two Swedish guys who rescued her and caught Turner.

It did occur to me that if they'd been two African-American men, they might have been the ones ending up in the dock.
That didn't occur to me. I wondered what it was in their upbringing made them do the right thing. And I wondered too would the other 'jocks' (I think they call them that in US universities) have intervened.

Sexual Harassment Panda

I feel some sympathy for the lad. He raped that girl, like lots of young lads in Ireland will do outside the back of the nightclubs with young girls too drunk to consent to anything.

You see, he wasn't taught that it's rape, in fact, there's a bucket load of fellas on this site you don't see it as a big deal. What did the lads dad say, twenty minutes of action ....

And the race element, the US justice system is pretty disgusting when you look at the difference in how colour influences sentences.
Absolutely NOBODY believes sex with an UNCONSCIOUS woman is anything but rape. 6 months is a ridiculous sentence.

Emily Davison

I do not believe that judges should make determinations based on anything other than fact. If a person rapes two women, and one woman feels somewhat more violated than the other woman, we should not let this allow us to give the rapist a lesser sentence in respect of the woman who felt relatively less violated. The law should be rule based, and we should not vary those rules based on the ability of a victim to articulate pain or grief.

Now as for that little bastard who raped a passed out girl behind a skip, I hope the gets savagely violated in jail. And for his father- sure he was being a father and defending his son, but he, if I am not mistaken, did describe the rape as "20 minutes of action", and that might have something to do with why the little fvcker did it in the first place. It disgusts me.
Unlike you, and despite what he did, I most certainly hope that Turner does not get savagely violated in jail. How does that solve anything. I'd also suggest American jails are inhumane. And run for money rather than rehabilitation.

Emily Davison

Absolutely NOBODY believes sex with an UNCONSCIOUS woman is anything but rape. 6 months is a ridiculous sentence.
Where are you coming from with that, plenty on here think Chad Evans having sex was consenual, and then there's the same guys on the thread where the rapist admitted raping his girlfriend who was unconscious, yet they say it wasn't rape.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45466

Where are you cominf from with that, plenty on here think Chad Evans having sex was consenual, and then there's the same guys on the thread where the rapist admitted raping his girlfriend who was unconscious, yet they say it wasn't rape.
You don't know that.

stopdoingstuff

Unlike you, and despite what he did, I most certainly hope that Turner does not get savagely violated in jail. How does that solve anything.
It solves the severe shortage of fresh meet for the "sisters" on the inside.

Emily Davison

It solves the severe shortage of fresh meet for the "sisters" on the inside.
You're a self confessed troll so there is not much point responding is there. Nice little dig there too.

Sexual Harassment Panda

Hmm...

Interesting point on victim impact statements, and on judicial independence being eroded by mob-rule:

The Stanford rape case and liberal hypocrisy.
Yep, I've never liked the idea of victim impact statements. For me, the justice system is there to serve society, not victims. We need to separate the justice system from services provided specifically for victims of crime.

I've advocated previously that there needs to be a dedicated rape victim support system independent but attached to the policing of sexual crimes. The police need to question the veracity of all alleged claims but it is important that victims do have somewhere they can tell their story without questioning or judgement.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies