• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The Stephen Nolan Radio Show

Éamonn an Chnoic

Hi,

Do many people on this thread listen to the Stephen Nolan show regularly? I occasionally listen to it, the audioboo's can be interesting occasionally. I dont know what to make of him? He can be very good at getting at politicians at times. Both sides.

I didnt like his "I dont do the south" comments this morning. Though each to their own i suppose.

I thought we could use this thread to discuss topics covered on the show?

InsideImDancing

Hi,

Do many people on this thread listen to the Stephen Nolan show regularly? I occasionally listen to it, the audioboo's can be interesting occasionally. I dont know what to make of him? He can be very good at getting at politicians at times. Both sides.

I didnt like his "I dont do the south" comments this morning. Though each to their own i suppose.

He's a unionist, no doubt about that. Always cutting Nationalists with Brains like Chris Donnelly off, while happy to let Loyalists with only 7 brain cells prattle on all day. I'm not normally one to complain about such a thing but it's a fact - he's biased.

Last edited:

between the bridges

He's a unionists, no doubt about that. Always cutting Nationalists with Brains like Chris Donnelly off, while happy to let Loyalists with only 7 brain cells prattle on all day. I'm not normally one to complain about such a thing but it's a fact - he's biased.
That the yank from slugger? anyway re OP never listen to him and avoid his TV show like the plague Norn Iron's Jeremy Kyle but thinks he's Jeremy Paxman... plus he owes moi a fiver...

InsideImDancing

That the yank from slugger? anyway re OP never listen to him and avoid his TV show like the plague Norn Iron's Jeremy Kyle but thinks he's Jeremy Paxman... plus he owes moi a fiver...
Maybe it's just people with half a brain that he cuts off.

Chris Donnelly is on Slugger but he's not a yank, he'd wipe the floor with many on here.:)

bona na croin

Did you two make a bet on who was the most egotistical......?

InsideImDancing

He gives Conall McDevitt plenty of air time as far as i can see... Jim Wilson as well... Him being a unionist isnt much of a concern to me, but, granted the comment wasnt offensive or anything. But for a BBC current affairs broadcaster to think its ok to say "I dont do the south" is a bit shocking.

Regardless, he has grown on me... Most mornings Pat Kenny, Ray Darcy or Stephen Nolan would be the show id tune into depending on the topic being discussed.
He gives politicians a fair go but I'm talking about normal callers, during the flegging craic a few Nationalist came on and were in the process of wiping the floor with a few bigots (using the big L - logic), and he cut them clean off. There was no doubt about what he was at and now he's saying he doesn't do the south, well in that case I don't do Stephen Nolan.:)

Plus.....he's a clampitt anyway...:)

Pat Mc Larnon

Chris Donnelly is on Slugger but he's not a yank, he'd wipe the floor with many on here.:)
Yip, Chris made a contribution from the audience the night of the infamous, staged programme that Nolan set up in the midst of the unionist fleg violence. He was allowed to make one contribution but after wiping the floor with the knuckle draggers was not asked to comment again. Wilson and Wamie were allowed to hold court while Gerry Kelly made them look like the bell ends they were.

Last edited:

InsideImDancing

Yip, Chris made a contribution from the audience the night of the infamous, staged programme that Nolan set up in the midst of the unionist fleg violence. He was allowed to make one contribution but after wiping the floor with the knuckle draggers was not asked to comment again. Wilson and Wamie were alowed to hold court while Gerry Kelly made them look like the bell ends they were.
Chris was really on form on the radio show though and he cut him clean off along with a few others.

C

Castle Ray

A BBC programme on Northern Ireland current affairs not wanting to be side-tracked into covering other states....whatever next?

Frosty1

Hi,

No. When i'm in the car I listen to music. But my father likes to listen to Downtown or radio Ulster. I do watch his show though when its on and I enjoy it. Interesting debates. I do get very angry sometimes when those irritating bitter politicians come on and start arguing about nonsense.

InsideImDancing

A BBC programme on Northern Ireland current affairs not wanting to be side-tracked into covering other states....whatever next?
Yeah it would be like talking about a foreign country like Germany or France wouldn't it?

So typical....so predictable...so pointless...

Frosty1

He's a unionist, no doubt about that. Always cutting Nationalists with Brains like Chris Donnelly off, while happy to let Loyalists with only 7 brain cells prattle on all day. I'm not normally one to complain about such a thing but it's a fact - he's biased.
Perhaps thats because they ruin the show and talk complete irrelevant nonsense with their hysterical pathetic arguments in that sour accent. But anyway.

Éamonn an Chnoic

Nope, not having that... He was talking about his holidays. Or a refuge island or something where he could detox away from civilisation and the temptations that lie with it.

People suggested Tonga, he laughed... Tory island, craggy island etc...

Then one caller suggested Bere island off Castletownbere in west Cork...

"What, where's that, what, who... I dont do the south"

A bit disrespectful to the caller and a beautiful part of the island...

Glenshane4

Stephen Nolan is a native of the Shankill Road. You can take a person out of the Shankill Road but you cannot take the Shankill Road out of the person.

C

Castle Ray

Nope, not having that... He was talking about his holidays. Or a refuge island or something where he could detox away from civilisation and the temptations that lie with it.

People suggested Tonga, he laughed... Tory island, craggy island etc...

Then one caller suggested Bere island off Castletownbere in west Cork...

"What, where's that, what, who... I dont do the south"

A bit disrespectful to the caller and a beautiful part of the island...
Understand now. He's an obnoxious c**t most of the time. I wouldn't take offense at what he says.

Éamonn an Chnoic

Understand now. He's an obnoxious c**t most of the time. I wouldn't take offense at what he says.
Ah no. I definitely didn't take offence and i had it in my head for a while to start a thread here on his show. Just to discuss the topics he covers.

I dont want my gripe about that to ruin what could be a good thread... But now i am thinking would most of the unionist community have that blinkered approach to the south?

C

Castle Ray

Ah no. I definitely didn't take offence and i had it in my head for a while to start a thread here on his show. Just to discuss the topics he covers.

I dont want my gripe about that to ruin what could be a good thread... But now i am thinking would most of the unionist community have that blinkered approach to the south?
Quite a few don't see the south as existing. For me it is very much an irrelevance except to watch what their economy is up to as it affects here. Work that I did in Dublin previously has dried up so I never go there any more on business. When people talk about thing on here about the south, I find I have to google it to understand what they're talking about. That said, a mate of mine bought me a ticket for a boozy trip down there on Saturday to watch a rugby match, I recently spent a weekend in Roganstown near Swords and I'm back again next month too with the kids to watch a show in the Board Gais Theatre so maybe it's not such an irrelevance?

Éamonn an Chnoic

Quite a few don't see the south as existing. For me it is very much an irrelevance except to watch what their economy is up to as it affects here. Work that I did in Dublin previously has dried up so I never go there any more on business. When people talk about thing on here about the south, I find I have to google it to understand what they're talking about. That said, a mate of mine bought me a ticket for a boozy trip down there on Saturday to watch a rugby match, I recently spent a weekend in Roganstown near Swords and I'm back again next month too with the kids to watch a show in the Board Gais Theatre so maybe it's not such an irrelevance?
The Lion King? I am going tonight :)

M

moderateeastlderryunionis

I would say its obvious he would be a Unionist, he comes from the Shankill road.

On a side note, hes 39. I cant believe it i thought he would of been in his late 40s or 50s!

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies