The stunning hypocrisy of the PR machine behind Greta Thunberg

RasherHash

Luis Aramburu
If there was science in climate science, by now it has been completely overwhelmed by politics.

atkin8

This Greta has Aspergers Syndrome nothing wrong with that just makes them prone to being odd . I wish this climate change was acted upon more in terms of pollution . A visit to a Chinese city on a cloudy still day gives one an indication of the future here if nothing changes !

Last edited:

RasherHash

This Greta has Aspergers Syndrome nothing wrong with that just makes them prone to being odd . I wish this climate change was acted upon more in terms of pollution . A visit to a Chinese city on a cloudy still day gives one an indication of the future if nothing changes !
You can't compare our air quality with some Chinese cities.

RasherHash

At present no but the future its possible .
I very much doubt that, we've outlawed smokey coal, we're reducing coal generated power, and increasing wind and Solar.

Where will the pollution come from?

atkin8

I very much doubt that, we've outlawed smokey coal, we're reducing coal generated power, and increasing wind and Solar.

Where will the pollution come from?
Burning of fossil fuel oil and gas will still be around and other industries .
The projected increase in population here use of fertilizers , livestock ,river sea and drinking water quality .

Last edited:

RasherHash

Burning of fossil fuel oil and gas will still be around and other industries .
The projected increase in population here use of fertilizers , livestock ,river sea and drinking water quality .
I don't see where your new pollution is coming from if we are reducing use of fossil fuels, unless you are saying they will increase?

Even if we continue using them (or increase) technologies can be employed to reduce smoke and other pollutants.

Your notion about being as bad as China is scare mongering.

Apple in Eden

Finnish study finds ‘practically no’ evidence for man-made climate change
Published time: 12 Jul, 2019 20:44

An excellent paper which is relatively brief and to the point with a wonderful maths equation which encapsulates the core argument which is that the Anthropogenic contribution to climate change may well be exaggerated. It leans heavily on the seminal work of Lindzen which focuses on the role of cloud formations in rising temperatures.
Now while this research may not be fully correct any attempts (which sadly has become the norm) to silence debate on these and other similar findings is a debasement of scientific reasoning and the quest for truth. It is alarming in the extreme that so called eminent scientific researchers and international bodies such as the IPCC have been, and continue to be, prepared to label the fruits of genuine scientific research as "denial" without properly testing their efficacy..

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Erm, I've read through that Russia Today article, not the research itself. It seems to be based on a complaint that the IPCC weren't doing their sums right and didn't take into effect the 'umbrella' effect of clouds.

I'd take a fair deal of convincing that the umbrella effect of clouds would have a difference to make in percentage or warming/cooling terms.

That's a bit like expecting Dawn French to feel a bit too warm in a bikini.

RasherHash

Erm, I've read through that Russia Today article, not the research itself. It seems to be based on a complaint that the IPCC weren't doing their sums right and didn't take into effect the 'umbrella' effect of clouds.

I'd take a fair deal of convincing that the umbrella effect of clouds would have a difference to make in percentage or warming/cooling terms.

That's a bit like expecting Dawn French to feel a bit too warm in a bikini.
Do you believe that a trace gas (0.0391% of the atmosphere) co2, is causing global warming or do you think it might have more to do with the Sun?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Do you believe that a trace gas (0.0391% of the atmosphere) co2, is causing global warming or do you think it might have more to do with the Sun?
If you don't mind I'll decline the invitation to start discussing tenths of a per cent and trace gasses.

The way I look at it is much simpler. It would be astonishing if it turned out that the amount of emissions the human race has been blowing out into the atmosphere hasn't had an effect.

I considered the industrial revolution and all its attendant emissions, I thought about the possible pressures on that layer of atmosphere and on the layers either side of it from air travel in the last hundred years, wars, nukes, a marked decrease in the available 'lungs' for the planet as the jungles of South America disappear.

Then I think of the Sahara, which was once a green and verdant land, and maybe will be again some day.

I suspect Atlas will shrug us off when the itch from humanity becomes too irritating.

It isn't a 'save the planet' issue as the planet will restore itself to its former default soon enough after we've disappeared.

Do I think climate change is a real existential threat to humanity? Yes. I think it is very probable.

Reactions: edg

atkin8

I don't see where your new pollution is coming from if we are reducing use of fossil fuels, unless you are saying they will increase?

Even if we continue using them (or increase) technologies can be employed to reduce smoke and other pollutants.

Your notion about being as bad as China is scare mongering.
I think it would be hard to scare you . I forgot to mention rubbiish and depletion of natural resources . The Chinese have a greater reason to worry and I only used it as a global example . Do you support the notion that climate change is a total myth ?

Last edited:

RasherHash

RasherHash

Google and msm attempts to shut down agw scepticism...

RasherHash

I think it would be hard to scare you . I forgot to mention rubbiish and depletion of natural resources . The Chinese have a greater reason to worry and I only used it as a global example . Do you support the notion that climate change is a total myth ?
That's a daft thing to even ask, the climate changes all the time, that's like asking 'do you believe the weather doesn't change'?

I certainly believe the msm and governments have been feeding the public a lot of rubbish about agw and the reason is a trillion dollars per annum is spent on 'tackling climate change'...who gets this money?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies