The stunning hypocrisy of the PR machine behind Greta Thunberg

A Voice

Sorry, lost you now, what exactly are we talking about again?

I see you quoted a post of mine from Friday, whats the context?
Poor OD. Overwhelmed.
Go back to attacking middle-aged men over Gweta. Good lad.

Prof Honeydew

A rebranding exercise? Or a repositioning in the market?

@15:44
Greta Thunberg says she believes it’s “extremely likely” that she has had Covid-19. In a post on Instagram, she writes that she has been staying inside for the past two weeks.
“Around ten days ago I started feeling some symptoms, exactly the same time as my father - who traveled with me from Brussels,” she writes. “I was feeling tired, had shivers, a sore throat and coughed. My dad experienced the same symptoms, but much more intense and with a fever.”
Now, she adds, she has “basically recovered” and stresses the responsibility of people who are not from at-risk groups to think of their actions, which could be a matter of life or death for others.

soubresauts

mangaire2

Whatever about "Covic 19", Covid-19 does appear to be thriving in Madrid. And Madrid doesn't seem to be any warmer than Dublin:
Weather: Madrid (Madrid) - 7-Day weather forecast - Table - State Meteorological Agency - AEMET - Spanish Government
well, Mr smartypants, if weather has an impact on the virus, & apparently it has, i reckon that it's the weather during the time the virus is spreading, rather than forecasted future weather that's significant.

From the Met Eirean website, the average March temperature this year to date at Dublin Airport is 5.9C.
I haven't been able to find the corresponding temperature for Madrid,
But the average March temperature for Madrid is 11.0C

So, Mr smartypants, Madrid does ............ ahem ............. seem to be warmer than Dublin.

jmcc

A rebranding exercise? Or a repositioning in the market?

@15:44
Nothing quite like an immediate and existential threat to concentrate minds and have people ignore manufactured zelebrities such as Greta. She and her family are irrelevant now and their little money-making venture has ground to a halt. Her simpleton cheerleaders in the media, if they still have jobs, are also in trouble due to the collapse in newspaper sales and the shift to coverage of Covid 19. People don't want a whiney teenager and her manipulative family nagging them. Some, with lockdown, may already be getting that experience at home. :)They want news on how Covid is affecting others (while being scared sh!tless it will affect them or theirs) or positive news. Greta is in "Drop The Dead Donkey" territory now.

Last edited:

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Only problem there, as the UN Environment Agency has pointed out that the existential risks of population growth, climate, energy needs and so on are actually linked.

One side effect of the Coronavirus is the incredible drop in emissions into the atmosphere currently as human industrial activity decreases. There are some incredible numbers being recorded in that regard.

jmcc

One side effect of the Coronavirus is the incredible drop in emissions into the atmosphere currently as human industrial activity decreases. There are some incredible numbers being recorded in that regard.
Just watching the air traffic over Ireland at the moment and the number of aircraft is much lower than usual. The London busroutes to Dublin are quiet and much of the transatlantic traffic seems to be gone.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Wouldn't mind seeing some data on ambient noise levels. I'm betting it is way down. Which opens up whole new areas of economic analysis via data.

jmcc

Wouldn't mind seeing some data on ambient noise levels. I'm betting it is way down. Which opens up whole new areas of economic analysis via data.
Might be interesting to look at all the Covid/Corona domain names that have been registered since this began. That's a far better realtime indicator of economic (nefarious in some cases) activity.

rainmaker

Administrator
Nothing quite like an immediate and existential threat to concentrate minds and have people ignore manufactured zelebrities such as Greta. She and her family are irrelevant now and their little money-making venture has ground to a halt. Her simpleton cheerleaders in the media, if they still have jobs, are also in trouble due to the collapse in newspaper sales and the shift to coverage of Covid 19. People don't want a whiney teenager and her manipulative family nagging them. Some, with lockdown, may already be getting that experience at home. :)They want news on how Covid is affecting others (while being scared sh!tless it will affect them or theirs) or positive news. Greta is in "Drop The Dead Donkey" territory now.
It's astonishing how triggered you are by a young girls popularity.

Quite why you fantasize about the world turning on her and against action on climate change is bizarre - when this more immediate threat has been dealt with people will still be concerned about climate change.

It's impressive enough for me that she is able to reduce men like you to a quivering, semi coherent, frothing rage.

A Voice

Does Greta know any Sixteen Year Old that will observe Social Distancing and Cure the Covid-19 Virus problem ?
She made a bid to get back on the front page with a video saying she had very mild symptoms. Pure sleb stuff. Next: what she had for breakfast.

McTell

Twitter
No
It's astonishing how triggered you are by a young girls popularity.

//

Most of her age group would be more into "Tove Lo", whose non-stop bum wiggling and monotone lyrics suggest a touch of the same kind of svensk-style aspergers and endless repetition of the same lines.

Bubble gum pop, but overall easier on the eye than the great greta...

rainmaker

Administrator
Most of her age group would be more into "Tove Lo", whose non-stop bum wiggling and monotone lyrics suggest a touch of the same kind of svensk-style aspergers and endless repetition of the same lines.

Bubble gum pop, but overall easier on the eye than the great greta...
Yes, you would rather teenagers were into 'bubblegum pop' than active in causes, issues and politics.

Because you would rather young girls grew up to be ditzty, vacuous airheads. Wow.

McTell

Twitter
No
Yes, you would rather teenagers were into 'bubblegum pop' than active in causes, issues and politics.

Because you would rather young girls grew up to be ditzty, vacuous airheads. Wow.

Of course. Once they get to 30, and the bloom is fading, they have the next 60-odd years for sounding off.

Some day you'll notice that a whole load of young women get attention just because of the way their bodies are shaped. Crazy stuff. Some can turn this into enormous power, which should not be denied them.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies