The surprising findings of the Magdalene Laundries report

Catahualpa

Website
irelandinhistory.blogspot.com
Years ago I said there should be a full investigation into RCC child abuse in every parish in the south. It was screamed down by so called experts but what happened ten years later? Why nothing much just 800 dead babies were found dumped in a cess pit in Tuam a village in Co Galway and of course no one knew it was or had happened. I never believe a word the Irish have to say about child abuse. If I can be bothered one day I will check how many priests, nuns, monks, bishops etc. etc. have been arrested and charged with child abuse and of those how many were Irish, of Irish descent or like the horrible 'mother Theresa' were trained in Ireland. By its willful refusal to deal with child physical and sexual abuse Ireland has a bigger cross to carry than the Jesus they worship Its no good blaming the English or anyone else its simple arithmetic the abuse happened when the English left and the difference between the two countries was then about 46 million people. Ireland with a population of 4 million didn't know abuse was happening in every city, town and village.
just 800 dead babies were found dumped in a cess pit in Tuam a village in Co Galway

OK - so who claims they have found 800 dead babies in a cess pit in Tuam?

CatullusV

If you used Dublin Bus this summer gone you would have seen them.

Then they stopped

From the HSE IIRC

Only a matter of time until Abortion Clinics advertise their services...

If you voted for it then you can hardly object now can you?
Links?

You should be able to provide them.

CatullusV

I tried but I could not find any at the time

- you will just have to take my word for it.
Err, I won't take your word for anything at all unless you provide links.

It's because you lie frequently and I don't like being lied to. Bearing false witness, and all that.

So show your links. Prove it.

In the meantime you stand exposed as a liar.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
just 800 dead babies were found dumped in a cess pit in Tuam a village in Co Galway

OK - so who claims they have found 800 dead babies in a cess pit in Tuam?
Interesting thing there is that a lot of these infants would have been baptised members of your church. Is it a new liturgical ceremony now in catholicism, that baptised infants can be disposed of in sewerage infrastructure? With no funeral rite or ceremony. Looks like there is a difference between the public face of your nasty and diminishing cult.

They'd afford Brendan Smyth funeral rites no problem at all and anniversary prayers and the whole kit and caboodle despite him being one of the most notorious paedophiles in the state's social history.

Your cult's values are ****ed up, to say the least.

toughbutfair

We seem to go from one extreme to the other, from the laundries idea to the current situation where we are expected to give our money to young mothers with no father in sight and we are supposed to pay for their upkeep. Why can’t girls from certain economic backgrounds prevent getting pregnant?

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Because there is ****all else available to them as a life-plan, I suspect.

toughbutfair

They have the same access to school as we have, even given smaller class sizes, yet still achieve nothing.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Weird thing. The social reactionaries are a bit schizophrenic when it comes to NEET mums. On the one hand they spend time bewailing the loss of the squalid and traditional nine babbeh mushroom-cloud family and yet you have chancers like Fitzpatrick getting up on his hind legs shortly before his halo got tarnished to have a pop at single mums.

That heaving gobshyte cost the state far more than generations of single mums on benefit.

toughbutfair

Weird thing. The social reactionaries are a bit schizophrenic when it comes to NEET mums. On the one hand they spend time bewailing the loss of the squalid and traditional nine babbeh mushroom-cloud family and yet you have chancers like Fitzpatrick getting up on his hind legs shortly before his halo got tarnished to have a pop at single mums.

That heaving gobshyte cost the state far more than generations of single mums on benefit.
Not sure why you think a dislike for Fitzpatrick, who cost us so much money, and for mothers who expect us to pay for their children, are mutually exclusive.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Not sure why you think a dislike for Fitzpatrick, who cost us so much money, and for mothers who expect us to pay for their children, are mutually exclusive.
Mostly because while Fitzpatrick was still regarded as someone who walked on water he was on his hind legs giving out about the cost of single mothers. This is a fellow who had a hand in costing the Irish state billions.

I'd like to see him buried six fathoms deep in sole parent family babysh1te.

toughbutfair

Mostly because while Fitzpatrick was still regarded as someone who walked on water he was on his hind legs giving out about the cost of single mothers. This is a fellow who had a hand in costing the Irish state billions.

I'd like to see him buried six fathoms deep in sole parent family babysh1te.
Fitzpatrick and those girls getting knocked up and asking me to pay towards their children both annoy me. Fitzpatrick screwed me, I didn’t even get to screw the knacker girl, but end up out of pocket twice. Scum -the lot of them.

StarryPlough01

Fitzpatrick and those girls getting knocked up and asking me to pay towards their children both annoy me. Fitzpatrick screwed me, I didn’t even get to screw the knacker girl, but end up out of pocket twice. Scum -the lot of them.

For all our sakes, please deal with primary issues around your mother in a separate forum, or PM me. Enough already mind f*** on this thread. Thank you kindly for reading thus far.

"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
" - Bob Marley
Redemption Song

Link only
https://www.youtube DOT com/watch?v=9AzOJ_RrBu4

'Redemption Song [cover] Reggae busker (street performance)'

StarryPlough01

Updated: Jul 21, 2019 Original: Mar 12, 2018

How Ireland Turned ‘Fallen Women’ Into Slaves

"Until 1996, pregnant or promiscuous women could be incarcerated for life in Magdalene Laundries."

By Erin Blakemore

"But over time, the institutions became more like prisons, with many different groups of women being routed through the system, sometimes by the Irish government. There were inmates imported from psychiatric institutions and jails, women with special needs, victims of rape and sexual assault, pregnant teenagers sent there by their parents, and girls deemed too flirtatious or tempting to men. Others were there for no obvious reason. Though the institutions were run by Catholic orders, they were supported by the Irish government, which funneled money toward the system in exchange for laundry services.​
….​
[Mary Smith]​
"Smith was incarcerated in the Sundays Well laundry in Cork after being raped; nuns told her it was “in case she got pregnant.” Once there, she was forced to cut her hair and take on a new name. She was not allowed to talk and was assigned backbreaking work in the laundry, where nuns regularly beat her for minor infractions and forced her to sleep in the cold. ....​

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom