The Third Year of the Trump Presidency

owedtojoy

Didn't Enda Kenny meet Trump at the 2017 shamrock summit. Unless of course you mean Trump being Orange? Maybe Orange is the new Black after all.
It is true, I forget that the first black President was succeeded by the first Oompa-Loompa President.

But Ivanka got the hair wrong on the day.

It does change the odds, but Meh.

Last edited:

President Bartlet

The orange turd is so thin skinned - late night shows are one sided yet he watches Pox News - the king of one-sidedness - the man is an a$$hole

owedtojoy

Banjo Baker

It is true, I forget that the first black President was succeeded by the first Oompa-Loompa President.

But Ivanka got the hair wrong on the day.

It does change the odds, but Meh.
First mulatto President was succeeded by the first Oompa- Loompa President.

owedtojoy

Looks like could be as many as 59 Senate votes against Trumps National Emergency order. Needs 67 to override veto. Today Trump said he was open to reducing presidential power over national emergencies provided his current one stands.

Romney to vote against Trump's emergency declaration
Every Autocrat tries that one ...

"Let me f**k with the Constitution just this once, and I promise I will never do it again .... "

Come on.

Dame_Enda

Update. Vote in. It was 59-41. Will Trump issue his first veto?

Also significant is that unlike before November, McConnell is allowing a lot of measures opposed to Trump to get a vote.

owedtojoy

Also significant is that unlike before November, McConnell is allowing a lot of measures opposed to Trump to get a vote.
Trump got another significant rebuke a few days ago when the Senate invoked the War Powers Act to end US support for the Saudi-led war on Yemen.

The motion was co-sponsored by Bernie Sanders, Democrat Chris Murphy of Connecticut and Republican Mike Lee of Utah.

Voting was 54 - 46, meaning at least 7 Republicans voted against the Administration.

A similar vote passed last year, but Paul Ryan killed it in the Lower House. This year, it is bound to pass, again possibly forcing Trump into a veto, on behalf of his cronies in the Saudi elite.

Senate passes resolution to end US role in Yemen war

owedtojoy

Trump can't veto without "looking weak" and getting more grief from Rush Lumbaugh and Fox News, the real leaders of the Republican Party.

Jack Walsh

Trump just tweeted the word "VETO" in block capitals.
Wow a veto in CAPS is much bigger than an ordinary veto.

Humiliating defeat, 12 GOP senators gave him the two fingers.
Many of those 12 will now become further entrenched in their opposition to Trump once he vetos.

owedtojoy

Wow a veto in CAPS is much bigger than an ordinary veto.

Humiliating defeat, 12 GOP senators gave him the two fingers.
Many of those 12 will now become further entrenched in their opposition to Trump once he vetos.
The perception of Trump as a Lame Duck will only grow. About all he is good for now is crowding the bench with right-wing judges. President Autopen, as he is just doing what the Federalist Society tell him to do.

Abroad, the EU and China will play for time, and see if he gets re-elected.

It might make countries like Israel, Russia and North Korea more desperate to get something out of him while he is still in office.

owedtojoy

Erin Go Bragh! On Brexit, Irish PM Disses Trump To His Face

Kudos to Leo.

Trump then blamed Teresa May for not listening to the worst negotiator on the planet. All of her deals with the EU have failed in Parliament.

"I'm surprised at how badly it has all gone from the standpoint of a negotiation. But I gave the prime minister my ideas how to negotiate it and I think you would have been successful. She didn't listen to that and that's fine. She gotta do what she's gotta do," Trump said.