• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Third Year of the Trump Presidency

Jack Walsh

I'm guessing you didn't help yourself to money from the fund intended to compensate small businesses for their losses due to 9/11 though?

When Trump took that $150 000, he disqualified himself from even pretending to care about 9/11.

Since he claims he's so rich, that must be small beer to him, but for the small businesses that it was actually meant for, that could make the difference between failing or getting back on their feet again.
Yes only in the f*ked up mental world of Trump and his cult can someone saying "some people did something..." be viewed worse than a billionaire stealing 150k earmarked for small businesses ruined in 9/11
or that billionaire boasting the day after 9/11 that he now owned (or to be correct,his banks and Russian oligarchs own) the tallest building in Manhattan
or that billionaire lying that he saw thousands (yes thousands) of Muslims cheering in Jersey City (10 miles from his office)

raetsel

There were Muslims in Palestine celebrating the Towers going down so not that big of a stretch to imagine some celebrating in New Jersey. Open to correction but do vaguely remember that subsequent reports said that might have happened.
The police said it didn't.
Consider this: I'm sure that most of us who were old enough can remember seeing the images of the Palestinians on the West Bank celebrating. This was widely reported at the time. Trump claims that there were thousands of Muslims in NJ celebrating. If there were celebrations in New Jersey, which is actually the most densely populated stated in the USA with 1210 people per square mile, how come it wasn't reported in the media, when the Palestinian incident was? How come there were no media reports at the time?
FGS, use whatever common sense you have! It didn't happen. Trump made this up - He seems to make stuff up like other people have hot dinners. Only last week he claimed his father was born in Germany.
Here's The Hateful History Of Falsely Accusing U.S. Muslims Of Celebrating On 9/11
From the archives: What Trump said about some cheering 9/11
Most Densely Populated U.S. States
All False statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact

Jack Walsh

It's interesting how you always know so little about what your hero has said or done. Studied ignorance, one has to assume.

Right, cos middle class American Muslims are totally going to react to an attack near their home just like Palestinians trapped in appalling conditions for generations in the Occupied Territories might. FFS.

So it's ok for POTUS to use this sort of half remembered gossip to incite hatred against a member of Congress?
Really?

I'm guessing you didn't help yourself to money from the fund intended to compensate small businesses for their losses due to 9/11 though?

When Trump took that $150 000, he disqualified himself from even pretending to care about 9/11.

Since he claims he's so rich, that must be small beer to him, but for the small businesses that it was actually meant for, that could make the difference between failing or getting back on their feet again.

(I'm betting the most you can do here is "not know" about this either. So yeah, "open to correction" but still ready to believe that American Muslims celebrated 9/11 - or else that it's fine for the president to spread the lie that they did so - but somehow you won't remember that he stole money from a federal fund for victims of 9/11. If that really is your excuse, then you're a bigger phoney than Trump is.)
It's interesting how you always know so little about what your hero has said or done. Studied ignorance, one has to assume.

Right, cos middle class American Muslims are totally going to react to an attack near their home just like Palestinians trapped in appalling conditions for generations in the Occupied Territories might. FFS.

So it's ok for POTUS to use this sort of half remembered gossip to incite hatred against a member of Congress?
Really?

(I'm betting the most you can do here is "not know" about this either. So yeah, "open to correction" but still ready to believe that American Muslims celebrated 9/11 - or else that it's fine for the president to spread the lie that they did so - but somehow you won't remember that he stole money from a federal fund for victims of 9/11. If that really is your excuse, then you're a bigger phoney than Trump is.)

bla bla bla, TDS.
Trump is a patriot to his finger tips, how many times does he have to hug the flag to show you haters what a great patriot he is?
When's the last time you hugged the flag loser?

No point in giving that 150k to loser small businesses, they'd probably give it to their employees and their families to piss away on their kids or healthcare.
Trump would use the 150k more intelligently, maybe a new bath with gold taps for his penthouse.
So when Russian oligarchs and Kremlin goons come to visit they will be impressed and tell Putin about the opulence, and Putin will have even more respect for Trump then

O'Sullivan Bere

Agree with you on all that if he said any or all of those things. There were Muslims in Palestine celebrating the Towers going down so not that big of a stretch to imagine some celebrating in New Jersey. Open to correction but do vaguely remember that subsequent reports said that might have happened. Anyway, I stand over initial comments. Grossly insensitive on the part of that woman. Trump is a New Yorker, he's entitled to react over that one. I only ever lived close to New York and I took that attack/obscenity persona.l
The reports regarding Muslims celebrating across the Hudson were false. In fact local Muslims got killed or nearly so themselves that worked there. There were some anomalous true reports of that outside the US by some feeling it was payback for US policies and actions and/or Islamists. Overall, it was condemned even in Muslim nations.

Commenting on such events can be touchy. That she could have used other words such as "a few that did that horrific crime" would have avoided it but her intent was benign.

On the other hand, things like 9/11 are historic events with resulting effects. As a public domain event, the public should feel free to comment and debate the topic in good faith, even if what's said displeases an affected family member.

You seem the type, like me, to have no time for the persnickety language police, the preoffended, and fake outrage types. Again, intent matters. What I didn't like was how her comments were snipped and how she was painted to make it appear she was trivialising it due to Islamist motivations. She's even cosponsored continuing relief for the WTC cleanup personnel that got sick from it.

Last edited:

Jack Walsh

Away from Trump's weekend attacking Muslims and congratulating a golfer who can win without cheating his way around a course, Trump has continued to mercilessly attack and bully the FOMC to do what he tells them
Specifically, he is now demanding they lower interest rates.
To set interest rates to zero despite a supposed economic boom?????

This is economic insanity.

Trump has now got a massive new brainfart
Let the stock market drive the economy, not the other way around.

Every 10% on the S&P adds an incremental 1% to US GDP.
Simpleton Trump now believes he has a fool proof way to artificially increase GDP.
Send the stock market into the stratosphere by slashing interest rates to zero and further massive tax cuts.
This is insanity.
Even in the 1 in 10 chance it would work, it would make the US wealth gap astronomical, as those who own stocks (approx 50% of Americans) would become far wealthier and those who don't would end, not just not gaining, but actually footing the bill as basic spending areas such as Health and education would be attacked to pay for the tax goodies yet again, and all the time, the debt heads to Pluto

Look at Trump's economic tweets, they never say "I want to get more money into lower income people's pay packets"
He says "the stock market should be much higher and there should be no inflation"
ie
Massive corporate profits fuelled by zero interest rates and tax giveaways but no wage increases.

It is a retarded plan and one can only hope Congress will stick solidly behind the FOMC and its independence
They can start that process by rejecting the two roaring imbeciles Trump is trying to get on to the board

It is also worth noting that heavily indebted property owners are the biggest winners of all if interest rates are set to zero.
Hmm

Wagmore

Really?

Unlike you, when I'm under-informed, I own it. Last time i checked this was a discussion forum where the vibe is conversational. When I'm not in a position to fact-check,( it's called having a life) I use expressions like "open to correction." There were conflicting reports about American Muslims celebrating, ie not just Trump. Palestinian muslims as I saw with my own eyes, shamefully, as I said(ie, am not open to correction) certainly were.You're obviously smarting from me exposing you as under-informed twice previously. Me a "phoney?" Jump the shark if you must. I wrongly thought you were better than that.

Wagmore

The reports regarding Muslims celebrating across the Hudson were false. In fact local Muslims got killed or nearly so themselves that worked there. There were some anomalous true reports of that outside the US by some feeling it was payback for US policies and actions and/or Islamists. Overall, it was condemned even in Muslim nations.

Commenting on such events can be touchy. That she could have used other words such as "a few that did that horrific crime" would have avoided it but her intent was malign.

On the other hand, things like 9/11 are historic events with resulting effects. As a public domain event, the public should feel free to comment and debate the topic in good faith, even if what's said displeases an affected family member.

You seem the type, like me, to have no time for the persnickety language police, the preoffended, and fake outrage types. Again, intent matters. What I didn't like was how her comments were snipped and how she was painted to make it appear she was trivialising it due to Islamist motivations. She's even cosponsored continuing relief for the WTC cleanup personnel that got sick from it.
Yeah-having a busy day. Will check it and get back later A lot of Fake News and hysteria out there.

Jack Walsh

Unlike you, when I'm under-informed, I own it. Last time i checked this was a discussion forum where the vibe is conversational. When I'm not in a position to fact-check,( it's called having a life) I use expressions like "open to correction." There were conflicting reports about American Muslims celebrating, ie not just Trump. Palestinian muslims as I saw with my own eyes, shamefully, as I said(ie, am not open to correction) certainly were.You're obviously smarting from me exposing you as under-informed twice previously. Me a "phoney?" Jump the shark if you must. I wrongly thought you were better than that.

Trump did not see "thousands of Muslims celebrating" across the river in Jersey City"
There is no "conflicting reports" here, it didn't happen.
If as you claim above that you will "own something", then why not then prove it and accept Trump made it up, he lied?
I have seen precious little of your boast that you will own stuff if you are not fully informed and what you had said on the matter proves inaccurate.
I have seen lots and lots of instances where you have doubled down on BS claims that practically no one accepts are truthful, they are just outlandish theories and often outright lies.
Prove me wrong in this instance at least, and accept Trump made up this claim he saw thousands of Muslims cheering and dancing in Jersey City.

Last edited:

petaljam

You read too fast it seems. My question was not about the non-celebrations, it was about Trump stealing $150 000 from a fund for small businesses ruined by 9/11, and how anyone who has any interest in - never mind expressed support for -Trump, can possibly think he has any credibility to criticise Ilhan Omar's comments about it?

(On the other point, Trump lied about seeing American Muslims, and if you don't know that, then you really know so little about him that your support for him is based on complete ignorance - hence my question about whether you know about another shameful incident in his history, namely stealing money from a 9/11 fund. And the light that sheds on his criticism of Omar. Because you seem to know so little about Trump).

Last edited:

StirCharles

You have got to understand that you are dealing with severe cases of Trump Derangement Syndrome here.
They still think that Trump did not wipe the floor with Hillary.

General Mayhem

Of course the trigger men are directly responsible but that doesn't rightly end the inquiry here.

Trump does what Paisley did in the PUL community. He stirred the pot from bully pulpits by inciting fear and hatred of CNRs, did the dance with loyalist paramilitaries as Trump does with white supremacists, etc, but washed his hands of responsibility for harms caused by it.

That's another thing about these kinds of toxic bastards...they're cowards.

They are none the less blameworthy regarding the foreseeable violence resulting from their instigations whether or not they ever see a courtroom for it.
Still not answering my questions, I see :giggle:

You’re starting to look like a croissant.

Wagmore

Trump did not see "thousands of Muslims celebrating" across the river in Jersey City"
If as you claim above that you will "own something", then why not then prove it and accept Trump made it up, he lied?
I have seen precious little of your boast that you will own stuff if you are not fully informed and what you had said on the matter proves inaccurate.
I have seen lots and lots of instances where you have doubled down on BS claims that practically no one accepts are truthful, they are just outlandish theories and often outright lies.
Prove me wrong in this instance at least, and accept Trump made up this claim he saw thousands of Muslims cheering and dancing in Jersey City.
Lies as per usual.If P.ie could do polygraphs, yours would run out of ink. Name one instance when I have 'doubled down on BS.' Right about Trump winning. Right about there being no Russian collusion. Right about a cabal of treasonous Obozo and Clinton devotees starting the scam. Your forked tongue gets more twisted by the day.

Wagmore

The police said it didn't.
Consider this: I'm sure that most of us who were old enough can remember seeing the images of the Palestinians on the West Bank celebrating. This was widely reported at the time. Trump claims that there were thousands of Muslims in NJ celebrating. If there were celebrations in New Jersey, which is actually the most densely populated stated in the USA with 1210 people per square mile, how come it wasn't reported in the media, when the Palestinian incident was? How come there were no media reports at the time?
FGS, use whatever common sense you have! It didn't happen. Trump made this up - He seems to make stuff up like other people have hot dinners. Only last week he claimed his father was born in Germany.
Here's The Hateful History Of Falsely Accusing U.S. Muslims Of Celebrating On 9/11
From the archives: What Trump said about some cheering 9/11
Most Densely Populated U.S. States
All False statements involving Donald Trump | PolitiFact
Surely you meant to say the Mainstream Fake Media? Considering the day and what they were witnessing, one word-vermin.Every one should have been fecked out of the country

Wagmore

You can stick that where the sun doesn't shine as well.

Wagmore

You read too fast it seems. My question was not about the non-celebrations, it was about Trump stealing $150 000 from a fund for small businesses ruined by 9/11, and how anyone who has any interest in - never mind expressed support for -Trump, can possibly think he has any credibility to criticise Ilhan Omar's comments about it?

(On the other point, Trump lied about seeing American Muslims, and if you don't know that, then you really know so little about him that your support for him is based on complete ignorance - hence my question about whether you know about another shameful incident in his history, namely stealing money from a 9/11 fund. And the light that sheds on his criticism of Omar. Because you seem to know so little about Trump).
"Non-celebrations?" Roof-top party broken up by police officers? Doesn't sound like a non-celebration to me?.Under-informed again it seems.

Wagmore

Under-informed has just morphed into economical with the truth. Read the article---'stealing money?" I mean really. By no leap of the Bias barrier could that be described as 'stealing." Christ on a bleedin bike!!
By the way-I found all the above in a matter of minutes.

petaljam

General Mayhem

Trump won.

Democratically.

That means that the people want Trump.

If you believe in democracy, you must give them what they voted for.

Go Big.

Wagmore

Commenting on such events can be touchy. That she could have used other words such as "a few that did that horrific crime" would have avoided it but her intent was benign.

Based on this, I don't think the accusations that Muslims were celebrating across the Hudson can be described as false. I have to say, I'm appalled. Anyone who could do that given the obscenity of what was happening are undeniably the dregs of humanity

Wagmore

That article doesn't confirm Trump's claims at all though does it? Not. At. All. :rolleyes:

Another poster blinded by their bias. The scenes described are appalling. Would you agree? Didn't think so. But I thought "Middle Class"American Muslims would never react like that. LOL