• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Third Year of the Trump Presidency

Beachcomber

Surely you meant to say the Mainstream Fake Media? Considering the day and what they were witnessing, one word-vermin.Every one should have been fecked out of the country

The article that you posted confirms that Trump lied.

There were no thousands of celebrating Muslims.

Beachcomber

Based on this, I don't think the accusations that Muslims were celebrating across the Hudson can be described as false. I have to say, I'm appalled. Anyone who could do that given the obscenity of what was happening are undeniably the dregs of humanity
But that's not what Trump claimed.

He claimed that he saw (on TV) thousands of Muslims celebrating.

The article provides no evidence of that. Even if all the contents of the article are true then that amounts to a few dozen celebrating Muslims, with none of them on TV.

Beachcomber

Under-informed has just morphed into economical with the truth. Read the article---'stealing money?" I mean really. By no leap of the Bias barrier could that be described as 'stealing." Christ on a bleedin bike!!
By the way-I found all the above in a matter of minutes.

Of course it is stealing.

Wagmore

But that's not what Trump claimed.

He claimed that he saw (on TV) thousands of Muslims celebrating.

The article provides no evidence of that. Even if all the contents of the article are true then that amounts to a few dozen celebrating Muslims, with none of them on TV.
The point is there were significant amounts of Muslims celebrating according to this reports. Police had to be called. On that day!!!! FFS-get real. The worst you can say is that Trump was misinformed or he exaggerated. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. If there was one Muslim celebrating, it's an obscenity that any right thinking person would see as same

petaljam

Another poster blinded by their bias. The scenes described are appalling. Would you agree? Didn't think so. But I thought "Middle Class"American Muslims would never react like that. LOL
But the article doesn't confirm that there were any. It just quotes some claims that there may have been a few very sporadic displays, none of which were officially reported by anyone at the time.

So, some claims to have seen or heard of things, surfacing for the first time a decade and a half after the events, and after Trump claimed to have seen thousands of them. But of course it couldn't be that these were Trump supporters making up claims 15 years later so as to back him up. Could it? Nah, I'm sure there's a perfectly logical, probably Deep State, explanation for why they kept quiet up to then.

Beachcomber

The point is there were significant amounts of Muslims celebrating according to this reports. Police had to be called. On that day!!!! FFS-get real. The worst you can say is that Trump was misinformed or he exaggerated. Maybe he did. Maybe he didn't. If there was one Muslim celebrating, it's an obscenity that any right thinking person would see as same

A few dozen is significant? Hilarious.

Trump lied, as usual. He claimed to see these NJ Muslims on TV. They weren't on TV.

petaljam

The police were called but didn't make a single report. Really?

Beachcomber

You have got to understand that you are dealing with severe cases of Trump Derangement Syndrome here.
They still think that Trump did not wipe the floor with Hillary.

Trump is deranged.

And are you never going to get over 2016? Is that all you have? Move on.

Jack Walsh

You can stick that where the sun doesn't shine as well.

You grow more pathetic by the day, and the idea you don't double down on BS and alt right lies all the time is risible, FFS you've just done it here, despite the very link you provided stating as follows

"The NJ Advance Media inquiry, encompassing more than two dozen interviews conducted since Nov. 25, found Trump's broad assertion that thousands of people cheered to be baseless"

You claimed you are man enough to own up if you err.
That claim, similar to Trump.s claim is complete BS.

Beachcomber

Based on this, I don't think the accusations that Muslims were celebrating across the Hudson can be described as false. I have to say, I'm appalled. Anyone who could do that given the obscenity of what was happening are undeniably the dregs of humanity

There were white Americans who were celebrating at the time. Far more than the alleged couple of dozen Muslims.

petaljam

There were white Americans who were celebrating at the time. Far more than the alleged couple of dozen Muslims.
Trump for one, boasting that the attack had now made his own Trump Tower the highest building in the area.

But will Wagmore say that this makes Trump the dregs of humanity too? Well I won't be holding my breath. :lol:

Beachcomber

You grow more pathetic by the day, and the idea you don't double down on BS and alt right lies all the time is risible, FFS you've just done it here, despite the very link you provided stating as follows

"The NJ Advance Media inquiry, encompassing more than two dozen interviews conducted since Nov. 25, found Trump's broad assertion that thousands of people cheered to be baseless"

You claimed you are man enough to own up if you err.
That claim, similar to Trump.s claim is complete BS.

Well said - Trump's claim was baseless.

Wagmore can't let it go though.

Wagmore

The police were called but didn't make a single report. Really?
They had good reason not to report. There were legitimate fears of vigilante attacks on innocent Muslims in the aftermath of the attack. I've lived in America. I defy anyone who has to disagree with me. If there had been mainstream reports of those celebrations in the immediate aftermath of the atrocity, the hijackers would have got what they wanted---innocent Muslim blood flowing through the streets and the ensuing global meltdown. The police would have known this.

Beachcomber

Trump won.

Democratically.

That means that the people want Trump.

If you believe in democracy, you must give them what they voted for.

Go Big.

No - you don't understand the US political system, do you?

Trump was not appointed emperor. He doesn't get to dictate.

The US people also gave the Democrats a majority in the House last year. That means that the people wanted the Democrats in that body. Why don't you mention that decision by the people.

Beachcomber

They had good reason not to report. There were legitimate fears of vigilante attacks on innocent Muslims in the aftermath of the attack. I've lived in America. I defy anyone who has to disagree with me. If there had been mainstream reports of those celebrations in the immediate aftermath of the atrocity, the hijackers would have got what they wanted---innocent Muslim blood flowing through the streets and the ensuing global meltdown. The police would have known this.

Why would police reports have been made public?

Are you saying that individual police officers in the US make political decisions about what to report/not report?

Your excuses are getting stupider.

Wagmore

Well said - Trump's claim was baseless.

Wagmore can't let it go though.
It wasn't baseless though was it? I posted a link that claimed police officers broke up a rooftop party that was just getting started.

petaljam

Pity Trump doesn't have the same scruples about Ilhan Omar then.

Wagmore

Why would police reports have been made public?

Are you saying that individual police officers in the US make political decisions about what to report/not report?

Your excuses are getting stupider.
Stupider? Google Cologne New Year Sexual assaults. The ones that the police initially described as been of no significance. Get a bit of cop on and get back to me

petaljam

It wasn't baseless though was it? I posted a link that claimed police officers broke up a rooftop party that was just getting started.
Reports that weren't made at the time, mind.

And what was that you were saying about fake news earlier?