• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

The Third Year of the Trump Presidency

StirCharles

Nope.

You don't have to be smart to get elected.

As for more popular, more people voted for Clinton than Trump. You really hate that fact, don;t you?

I actually predicted that Trump would win the 2016 election. I was right.

Why are you still having a go at people like me about 2016? I thought that they were both poor candidates.
Of course he was smarter. Hillary was the most stupid candidate in history that lost in a landslide despite getting 3 million more votes.

petaljam

As I said Exhibit A---" Trump made this up " The article posted suggests he didn't.
You're a faithful little lapdog, I'll give you that, lol. The article from 2015 proves he made up the claim to have seen ON TV, thousands of Muslims in NJ celebrate the attack. The article says there were NO official police or other reports available at the time. So how exactly could he have seen them on TV?
Were you in America at the time. Do you know for sure images of dancing Palestinians were carried on American media at the time? I'm not saying it wasn't
The article you posted says there can't have been. Because it says the first "credible reports" are the ones it refers to.
Here's what it says:
Media outlets, after scouring archived news stories and video footage, could not find verified accounts of Jersey City Muslims rejoicing.
So why don't they mention the video evidence that Trump saw? Ans : because it doesn't exist.

Just my hunch is that it wouldn't have been in the immediate aftermath because of sensitivity. Because I was here, I remember RTE carrying it that very night. No surprise there. Many in Irish media felt America had only itself to blame for 9/11.Many still do
So basically "you believe" is the level of proof you need.

Grand.

Wagmore

You're not open to correcting yourself, it's just another fantasy of yours.

"I've uncovered information on P.ie posters and exposed it..."
FFS
Nutter

And tidy up your spelling, for someone who claims to be a top tier journalist, it's deplorable
Another fake quote from fake Jack. I said I exposed THEM! Which I did. Including you. Again.

Wagmore

You're a faithful little lapdog, I'll give you that, lol. The article from 2015 proves he made up the claim to have seen ON TV, thousands of Muslims in NJ celebrate the attack. The article says there were NO official police or other reports available at the time. So how exactly could he have seen them on TV?

The article you posted says there can't have been. Because it says the first "credible reports" are the ones it refers to. So why don't they mention the video evidence that Trump saw? Ans : because it doesn't exist.

So basically "you believe" is the level of proof you need.

Grand.
Bottom line--and what you don't want to deal with is that the article claims Muslims in America were celebrating the towers falling. If true, that makes them the dregs of society. That's all I really care about with regard to this story. If true, the worst that can be said about Trump is that he exaggerated the situation. The story is whether significant numbers of Muslims celebrated. Not whether it was covered on TV or whether Trump is mistaken.

Beachcomber

Of course he was smarter. Hillary was the most stupid candidate in history that lost in a landslide despite getting 3 million more votes.

Trump didn't win by a landslide.

He got fewer electoral college votes than Obama did in each of his wins., or that Clinton got in each of his wins.

The 2 Reagan wins, and the George HW Bush win were landslides.

Trump's win was very ordinary.

Beachcomber

Bottom line--and what you don't want to deal with is that the article claims Muslims in America were celebrating the towers falling. If true, that makes them the dregs of society. That's all I really care about with regard to this story. If true, the worst that can be said about Trump is that he exaggerated the situation. The story is whether significant numbers of Muslims celebrated. Not whether it was covered on TV or whether Trump is mistaken.

Significant numbers of Muslims didn't celebrate.

White people like those Westboro Baptist Church idiots are also the dregs of society. They openly celebrated 9/11.

"Thank God For 9/11" they said.

Beachcomber

As I said Exhibit A---" Trump made this up " The article posted suggests he didn't. Were you in America at the time. Do you know for sure images of dancing Palestinians were carried on American media at the time? I'm not saying it wasn't. Just my hunch is that it wouldn't have been in the immediate aftermath because of sensitivity. Because I was here, I remember RTE carrying it that very night. No surprise there. Many in Irish media felt America had only itself to blame for 9/11.Many still do

Those images were broadcast.

There are screengrabs of the broadcasts.

Idiot Trump obviously got mixed up. He saw TV images of Palestinians in Jerusalem, and decided at some stage that what he saw was from New Jersey.

Beachcomber

Fair enough but I've reread the article. It talks of dozens of people at two locations and another at a rooftop location. Also reports of shouts of Allah Akbar by named witnesses. Also spoke of 911 system being flooded with complaints. Considering the day and proximity to Twin Towers, it's not insignificant if accurate.
Even if it's all true, it is very insignificant.

A few dozen people?

petaljam

But that isn't the bottom line, because it hasn't been proved for one thing, and because it wasnt the subject for another. The question was whether Trump had any moral high ground to criticise someone like Ilhan Omar for her comments, and he hasn't. The best you could get was that despite him saying his businesses had not been affected by 9/11, there was nothing morally wrong with him claiming $150 000 from a fund for small businesses that had been damaged by it, and nothing wrong with him lying about having seen thousands and thousands of people on TV celebrating it when he can't possibly have, and nothing wrong with him using the tragedy to boast tht his building was now the tallest in lower Manhattan. Unlike Ilhan Omar who for some reason (because she's not Trump?) whose comments were offensive, his were fine? Is that it?

petaljam

Those images were broadcast.

There are screengrabs of the broadcasts.

Idiot Trump obviously got mixed up. He saw TV images of Palestinians in Jerusalem, and decided at some stage that what he saw was from New Jersey.
No, in the past I would have believed he got it wrong, but we've now had two years of constant lying from him.
He is a compulsive, probably pathological, łiar, but because he's rich, he's got enough arse lickers around him to create a semblance of plausibility for the idiots who see him on TV and who are just begging to be scammed.

He's a conman in a direct line from the people who sold Brooklyn Bridge to gullible fools, and it seems that gullible fools, like the poor, will always be with us.

Wagmore

Even if it's all true, it is very insignificant.

A few dozen people?
Dozens of people---insignificant is debatable. Non-existent is what I wasn't willing to accept without research. My research threw up the article. The retired officer who reported on the incidents was described as a "man of integrity" by his peers. That's good enough for me. The mayor said it didn't happen at all. He could make a good poster on this forum

Wagmore

But that isn't the bottom line, because it hasn't been proved for one thing, and because it wasnt the subject for another. The question was whether Trump had any moral high ground to criticise someone like Ilhan Omar for her comments, and he hasn't. The best you could get was that despite him saying his businesses had not been affected by 9/11, there was nothing morally wrong with him claiming $150 000 from a fund for small businesses that had been damaged by it, and nothing wrong with him lying about having seen thousands and thousands of people on TV celebrating it when he can't possibly have, and nothing wrong with him using the tragedy to boast tht his building was now the tallest in lower Manhattan. Unlike Ilhan Omar who for some reason (because she's not Trump?) whose comments were offensive, his were fine? Is that it?
But he said he spent much more than 150,000 in the aftermath of 9/11 and the article claimed that he was perfectly entitled to claim. How does that equate with "stealing?" Such a deduction is pure bias and bonkers. I haven't heard Trump say that so don't know the context but if he said then I'd find it utterly contemptible and I'd condemn him for saying it. Just as I'd condemn Omar for saying what she said if how it's being reported is accurate. You on the otherhand don't seem to be ever capable of denouncing your heroes when appropriate.

Wagmore

No, in the past I would have believed he got it wrong, but we've now had two years of constant lying from him.
He is a compulsive, probably pathological, łiar, but because he's rich, he's got enough arse lickers around him to create a semblance of plausibility for the idiots who see him on TV and who are just begging to be scammed.

He's a conman in a direct line from the people who sold Brooklyn Bridge to gullible fools, and it seems that gullible fools, like the poor, will always be with us.
Christ more BS--listen to that interview and tell me again that's bragging about his building being the tallest. Utter BS--didn't think it was possible but you've sunk even lower in my estimation. Had you ever heard the interview. Imbecelic if you hadn't. And you called me a "phoney" earlier. And there was talk about "studied ignorance."Hang your bleedin head.
When Trump bragged he now had 'tallest building' in downtown Manhattan hours after World Trade Center collapsed

Jack Walsh

Another fake quote from fake Jack. I said I exposed THEM! Which I did. Including you. Again.
"Exposure, conspiracy,fake news, Deep State, traitors, uncovered information..."
You are a looper living in a sad fantasy world

StirCharles

He got fewer electoral college votes than Obama did in each of his wins., or that Clinton got in each of his wins.

Nonsense, it was truly extraordinary to win by such a margin with 3 million fewer votes, it never happened before. A great landslide, you using examples of others who won the popular vote has me questioning your understanding of just how amazing his victory was. He completely outsmarted the rather dense opponent

StirCharles

Nonsense, it was truly extraordinary to win by such a margin with 3 million fewer votes, it never happened before. A great landslide, you using examples of others who won the popular vote has me questioning your understanding of just how amazing his victory was. He completely outsmarted the rather dense oppone
How deluded are you?

Wagmore

"Exposure, conspiracy,fake news, Deep State, traitors, uncovered information..."
You are a looper living in a sad fantasy world
A looper that has been always 100% right about issues you've been 100% wrong.
Trump getting elected
No Russian collusion
And yesterday, no American based Muslims celebrating the collapse of Twin Towers.
Memo to Jack. Truth will always prevail against lies, delusion and psychological aberrance. Getting boring at this stage

Last edited:

owedtojoy

A looper that has been always 100% right about issues you've been 100% wrong.
Trump getting elected
No Russian collusion
And yesterday, no American based Muslims celebrating the collapse of Twin Towers.
Memo to Jack. Truth will always prevail against lies, delusion and psychological aberrance. Getting boring at this stage
You better hope it doesn't.

Otherwise, Trump will be out on his ass.

By a modest count, his lies now run to more than 6,500 since he took office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/11/02/president-trump-has-made-false-or-misleading-claims-over-days/?utm_term=.d4bced3429c0

(Incidentally, since predicting Trump's non-election was a reasonable foresight of a future event, it was neither true nor false - it was like backing Chelsea to beat Liverpool on Sunday. Things just happened otherwise.)