• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The Third Year of the Trump Presidency

luggage

Home owners do not win either unless they are the few that cash out and significantly downsize. Otherwise they will just see their property tax go through the roof. It is common for many to be paying over a grand a month just on their property taxes, and are borderline bankrupt due to this.

QE has screwed nearly everyone, exactly like an educated person would expect when bozo obama printed 4 trillion dollars
US President Donald Trump has suggested the Federal Reserve could support the US in its simmering trade battle with China.
The trade dispute between the world's two largest economies escalated this week with tariff hikes on both sides.
In a post on Twitter, Mr Trump said China would move to stimulate its economy to deal with the fallout.
If the Fed were to "match" that potential Chinese stimulus, it would be "game over", he said.
"China will be pumping money into their system and probably reducing interest rates, as always, in order to make up for the business they are, and will be, losing," Mr Trump wrote on Twitter.
"If the Federal Reserve ever did a 'match,' it would be game over, we win!

Jack Walsh

Trump's bragged of boom (stagnant wages, stagnant property prices,and falling retails sales) might just be about to be exposed for the BS many have long suspected it to be (ie economic growth being grossly inflated by stock market returns, a classic bubble)

Trump seeing the horror retail sales number then promptly panicked and announced he'd be postponing his big "car tarriff" splash

I'd say the Chinese too must be laughing their holes off.
The equivalent of a good well trained heavyweight in the ring with a flailing obese drunkard

Meanwhile very encouraging numbers from Europe

Merkel will almost certainly now leave Germany in a very healthy fiscal position
Trump will leave office with America's balance sheet in utter ribbons

Last edited:

StirCharles

US President Donald Trump has suggested the Federal Reserve could support the US in its simmering trade battle with China.
The trade dispute between the world's two largest economies escalated this week with tariff hikes on both sides.
In a post on Twitter, Mr Trump said China would move to stimulate its economy to deal with the fallout.
If the Fed were to "match" that potential Chinese stimulus, it would be "game over", he said.
"China will be pumping money into their system and probably reducing interest rates, as always, in order to make up for the business they are, and will be, losing," Mr Trump wrote on Twitter.
"If the Federal Reserve ever did a 'match,' it would be game over, we win!

Unfortunately, most people are too stupid to even understand what he is talking about. What Trump might do, were it his 2nd term would have The US Treasury Department replace the Federal Reserve as Lincoln or JFK would advocate.
Note how accomadaing the Fed was to Obama, when they printed 4 trillion dollars for him, and Bush before him, and to all Presidents in fact but not to Trump as the QT and also raise rates.

But this is way above the level of ordinary voters and the more simple posters here.

USER1234

LOL

Trump Chewed Out Larry Kudlow For Admitting That US Consumers Pay His Tariffs, Not China’s Government

The New York Daily News reports:
Larry Kudlow is finding out the hard way that pleasing the Donald and telling the truth is a tough balancing act. The White House economics czar reportedly got chewed out by President Trump for admitting that American consumers will pay the price for the White House’s tariff-happy trade war.
“Trump called Larry, and they had it out,” a White House official told us. Trump hired Kudlow, a former CNBC talking head, to be the public face of his economic policy.
So the mercurial commander-in-chief was not best pleased to hear that Kudlow contradicted Trump’s debunked claim that China pays the new tariffs slapped on everything from iPhones to washing machines.

USER1234

There is a video of his interview as part of the article but i dont know how to do twitter videos

petaljam

More distraction from Trump as yet another of his supposed deals falls apart. Far from great deals with China he's ended up starting another trade war. So much winning.

owedtojoy

Trump's problem is that he thinks he is in once of those Cold War dramas like Pork Chop Hill, The Bridges of Toko-Ri or The Green Berets, where firm-jawed white men like Gregory Peck, William Holden or John Wayne toughed it out with hordes of sneaky oriental aggressors.

The yellow guys will always fold when confronted by tough, white maleness. Right, Donald?

Really? I suspect the Chinese have got the measure of Trump, just like Kim Jong-Un has, and have determined exactly how they are going to play this game of high-stakes poker.

Trump, on the other hand, does not have much of a clue what he is going to do. One part of him still thinks a Trade War and a tough posture will win him votes - touch white guys do that sort of thing. There is no sign he has thought this through.

luggage

Unfortunately, most people are too stupid to even understand what he is talking about. What Trump might do, were it his 2nd term would have The US Treasury Department replace the Federal Reserve as Lincoln or JFK would advocate.
Note how accomadaing the Fed was to Obama, when they printed 4 trillion dollars for him, and Bush before him, and to all Presidents in fact but not to Trump as the QT and also raise rates.

But this is way above the level of ordinary voters and the more simple posters here.
I think Trump is too stupid to understand what he is talking about. I am also perplexed why you cannot answer or reply to a post without engaging in childish insults. You are also lacking in an understanding of what was happening in 2008 when the last Administration took over - or the role of the FED.

In the summer of 2007 the markets for some mortgage securities stopped functioning. Buyers and sellers couldn’t agree on price, and the impasse soon spread to the debt markets. Banks began to doubt each other’s solvency. Trust evaporated, and not until Governments jumped in late 2008, guaranteeing that major banks would not fall that the markets begin to settle down. However for Lehmans Brothers this came too late, and in September 2008 they filed for bankruptcy.

There were a number of contributing factors to the financial crises. Financial institutions take part of the blame for supporting irresponsible lending, especially the sub-prime market. By using new and complicated financial products they believed that they had removed risk, when in reality they had lost track of it. Changes in the macro economy also contributed, with the growth of China and the huge amount of Chinese money saved in Western Banks, which pushed down interest rates. Governments and Regulators also bear responsibility, as it was monetary policy along with light touch regulation that oversaw the entire mess.

In 2007 the five major investment banks, Bear Sterns, Goldman Sach, Lehman Brothers, Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley were operating with extraordinary thin capital. By one measure their leverage ratios were as high as 40:1 meaning for every $40 in assets, they had $1 in capital to cover losses. Less than a 3% drop in asset values could wipe out a firm.

The collapse of the US housing bubble, fueled by low interest rates, easy and available credit, scant regulation and toxic mortgages was the spark that caused the crises. The financial crises in 2008 had many causes, one of which was the low interest rate set by the US Federal Reserve Bank.

The current Administration is now effectively promoting this very same policy that was implemented pre-2008 - lower interest rates to facilitate artificial growth. Trump is also proposing to engage in Q.E., not as in post 2008 to salvage the financial sector but to offset the impact of the tariffs. It is a cynical move and disregards the impact on the wider economy.

The measures undertaken by both the FED from a monetary policy perspective, and the last Administration from a fiscal perspective lead to the following growth in employment.

• 2010: 88,000 per month or 1.05 million for the year
  • 2011: 174,000 per month or 2.09 million
  • 2012: 179,000 per month or 2.14 million
  • 2013: 192,000 per month or 2.3 million
  • 2014: 250,000 per month or 3 million
  • 2015: 226,000 per month or 2.7 million
  • 2016: 187,000 per month or 2.24 million

As for the Fed giving the last Administration $4 Trillion, you clearly fail to understand the role of the Fed, or the situation in 2008 as I have highlighted above. It sets monetary policy and has done since 1913 when an act of Congress under Woodrow Wilson created it.

And as for Government Debt, Trump has added more than $2 Trillion, and it stands at $22 Trillion. That is less than the $3.46 trillion added between Obama's inauguration in January 2009 and February 11, 2011, but it is more than the $676 billion added under Bush and the $617 billion added under Clinton in their first 752 days as president.

However One important difference between Trump's debt figures and Obama's is that Trump has added a massive amount of debt while the US economy has been strong, whereas Obama took over during the depths of the financial crisis.

owedtojoy

Rasmussen is usually outlier among Presidential polls, FiveThrityEight reckon it has a built in Republican bias of 5%, and for the last few weeks it has had Trump in slight +itive territory, or slightly negative.

Then suddenly today it has Approval - Disapproval = -8%
DATESPOLLSTERSAMPLEApp Dis
MAY 13-15Rasmussen Reports/Pulse Opinion Research1,50045%53%
MAY 12-15HarrisX3,00246%54%
MAY 13-14YouGov1,00045%50%
MAY 12-14YouGov1,50039%50%
MAY 11-14Fox News1,00846%53%

It has happened before, but rarely enough.

StirCharles

As for the Fed giving the last Administration $4 Trillion,

And as for Government Debt, Trump has added more than $2 Trillion,

What a load of google drivel but I did find 2 facts. The Fed printed 4 trillion dollars to go with the 700 billion. Now they have being unprinting it to the tune of 50 billion a month to crash the economy.
The debt when Obozo took power was 10 trillion after Bush doubled it from 5. Obozo almost doubled it again to over 19 trillion. It is now just over 22 trillion.

I believe you are another google merchant without much knowledge of The Federal Reserve at all.

owedtojoy

Dreadful.

I hope no one is surprised.

This was the candidate who promised to being back the torture of prisoners and the murder of their families. Now that he has his own boot-lickers in charge at the DoD, I wonder has that been done yet?

petaljam

Dreadful.

But overall still kicking the immigrants so that makes up for all the other stuff, yeah?

Instead of multiplying the one-word posts, how about drawing up a balance sheet of what you expected from Trump in various domaines, and how you feel he has turned out.

Personally, and despite my low expectations of him, he has turned out far far worse than I thought. Naively I had hoped he would "grow into" the job. Instead he has dragged everyone around him down to his own low levels. But fundamentally he is the person I thought he was.

You?

owedtojoy

But overall still kicking the immigrants so that makes up for all the other stuff, yeah?

Instead of multiplying the one-word posts, how about drawing up a balance sheet of what you expected from Trump in various domaines, and how you feel he has turned out.

Personally, and despite my low expectations of him, he has turned out far far worse than I thought. Naively I had hoped he would "grow into" the job. Instead he has dragged everyone around him down to his own low levels. But fundamentally he is the person I thought he was.

You?
Look on the bright side.

War been Canada has been averted, and the threat of Canadian steel products to America's national security has been removed. Ditto for dairy products.

Last edited:

Popular Threads

Most Replies