The time has come for unionists to decide what kind of United Ireland they can accept

Mickeymac

Thanks MM.

Polls/surveys have shown it is likely - so I don't understand why Sinn Fein did not make a referendum a precondition to going back into Stormont a few months ago. And I don't understand why SF would go back into Stormont on the eve of the sham centenary.

Something is not right here MM.

Personally I did not agree with a return to Stormont without the date of a referendum but I believe SF had their eye on a good election and possible governance.

Sweet Darling

No doubt about it the Brits are dragging their feet but I suppose that was to be expected .. The outworkings of Brexit and next years census will tell a tale.

But if in the meantime the Tories (because its always the Tories) decide to finally offload the place there will be a border poll in no time ... dont rule it out.
Aaa but will enough Nasho's in the private polling booth with no shinner watching over their shoulder vote to give up a heavily subsidised Good Friday Treaty way of life in Northern Ireland and risk it in a pay your way United Ireland.
I'm sure the SoS takes such a situation in to account before they commit.
As the run up to such a poll will ignite violence across the north.

Last edited:

AhNowStop

Aaa but will enough Nasho's in the private polling booth with no shinner watching over their shoulder vote to give up a heavily subsidised Good Friday Treaty way of life in Northern Ireland and risk it in a pay your way United Ireland.
Yes

Mickeymac

I'm sure the SoS takes such a situation in to account before they commit.
As the run up to such a poll will ignite violence across the north.

Are you predicting loyalist violence against the state you/they are supposed to be loyal to?😂

JamesCoughlin

Are you predicting loyalist violence against the state you/they are supposed to be loyal to?😂
Violence is inevitable. Power sharing won't last forever and that will be enough excuse for the old provos. A United Ireland will loyalist violence no doubt maybe even in Britain too.

Mickeymac

Violence is inevitable. Power sharing won't last forever and that will be enough excuse for the old provos. A United Ireland will loyalist violence no doubt maybe even in Britain too.

You make no sense whatsoever pal, Provies disappeared some 25 years ago and yes, a UI is imminent, with or without a military campaign.

JamesCoughlin

You make no sense whatsoever pal, Provies disappeared some 25 years ago and yes, a UI is imminent, with or without a military campaign.
You should never think like that. They used to always say a United Ireland was 20 years away.

As for the Provos, you have to be naive to think they gave up all their weapons along with the Loyalists.

Sidewindered

The sniveling Partitionist headbins are going to have to seriously up their game if they want to have any hope even of delaying the vote much past 2025.

Just listen to yourselves. All your arguments boil down to

• All Nordies are natural born psycho killers
  • All Nordies are unemployable skangers on the dole
  • The North has an economy slightly worse than Somalia and that can never be fixed cos Nordies are stupid and lazy
  • Them Proddy lads will form an unstoppable bloodthirsty horde and murderise everyone in their beds
It's ridiculous, infantile, pathetic braindead gobshitery. Do any of ye have a single argument that isn't xenophobic isolationist racist nonsense?

StormWarning

What do you mean by violence and why do you think it is inevitable?

The PSNI are 70% from the PUL community. They will uphold the law? Most probably vote Alliance now so I doubt we'd see any mutiny.

I've seen Newtonards mentioned as redoubt of loyalism, that would resist as if it was The Somme all over again. Well, 6 years back at 12th return parade disturbance on the Short Strand a young blond hairdresser from the town was videoed doing a triumphalist jig and intimidating the residents. For this she caught major grief on FB being called out by many Newtonards residents and one acquaintance saying I never took you as a "bigot". The thing for me was how emboldened the criticism was and that the young misguided lass wouldn't stand by her 'kulture' but swore blind it wasn't herself and she had no truck with this agenda. 6 years back and now at least ⅓ of that town vote Alliance/Green/nationalist.

Or look at Dunclug a disadvantaged estate of 3000, now pretty mixed, in Ballymena and also where the 40% PUL youth say they don't care if Harryville/Ballykeel idiots call then 'fenian lovers' but they'll stand by their catholic mates.

So where is the manpower coming from within PUL to stop reunification through intimidation or violence? Are the 11k CNR in NE Ballymena going to be burned out. Are Newtonards going to march 10 miles down to overwhelmingly nationalist East Down if the vote goes against them etc, etc?

The Shankill, Ballysillan, Rathcoole, T'Bay, inner East Belfast, the Village, Ballybeen, outer Carrickfergus, Killycomaine in Portadown and Mourneview lurgan, southside of Bangor your talking around 100k living in estates run by loyalist drugdealers. A problem here, perhaps but how strong will their convictions be and look at two of the most promiment individuals to achieve international recognition from these communities, Carl Frampton and Foy Vance. Both held as deeply suspect by the hardline Dupper element.

Last edited:

Mickeymac

You should never think like that. They used to always say a United Ireland was 20 years away.

As for the Provos, you have to be naive to think they gave up all their weapons along with the Loyalists.

1...............Who are they?
2...............I never mentioned weapons.

Mickeymac

You are not the first “so it is” keyboard warrior to come off with that crap and you certainly will not be the last.😁

JamesCoughlin

What do you mean by violence and why do you think it is inevitable?

The PSNI are 70% from the PUL community. They will uphold the law? Most probably vote Alliance now so I doubt we'd see any mutiny.

I've seen Newtonards mentioned as redoubt of loyalism, that would resist as if it was The Somme all over again. Well, 6 years back at 12th return parade disturbance on the Short Strand a young blond hairdresser from the town was videoed doing a triumphalist jig and intimidating the residents. For this she caught major grief on FB being called out by many Newtonards residents and one acquaintance saying I never took you as a "bigot". The thing for me was how emboldened the criticism was and that the young misguided lass wouldn't stand by her 'kulture' but swore blind it wasn't herself and she had no truck with this agenda. 6 years back and now at least ⅓ of that town vote Alliance/Green/nationalist.

Or look at Dunclug a disadvantaged estate of 3000, now pretty mixed, in Ballymena and also where the 40% PUL youth say they don't care if Harryville/Ballykeel idiots call then 'fenian lovers' but they'll stand by their catholic mates.

So where is the manpower coming from within PUL to stop reunification through intimidation or violence? Are the 11k CNR in NE Ballymena going to be burned out. Are Newtonards going to march 10 miles down to overwhelmingly nationalist East Down if the vote goes against them etc, etc?

The Shankill, Ballysillan, Rathcoole, T'Bay, inner East Belfast, the Village, Ballybeen, outer Carrickfergus, Killycomaine in Portadown and Mourneview lurgan, southside of Bangor your talking around 100k living in estates run by loyalist drugdealers. A problem here, perhaps but how strong will their convictions be and look at two of the most promiment individuals to achieve international recognition from these communities, Carl Frampton and Foy Vance. Both held as deeply suspect by the hardline Dupper element.

These people are convinced they're British and determined to stay like that. The hard liners will never accept a United Ireland.

JamesCoughlin

You are not the first “so it is” keyboard warrior to come off with that crap and you certainly will not be the last.😁
How is that being a keyboard warrior? I'm not saying I'm gonna go out with the provos. I'm just stating my opinion on what's most likely to happen.

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom