The Trade Union Movement and The Labour Party

General Urko

A mate of mine is compulsorily a member of SIPTU, dismayed at the way working class people were abused by The Labour Party/Red Blueshirts in the last Government, he wrote to them telling them that none of his dues were to be given to The Red Blueshirts!
They sent him a letter back telling him that they would adhere to his request!
I would sugget that if you are a member of a trade union which helps subsidize this party and you have an issue with the way you or others were treated by The Red Blueshirts, that this is an option well worth looking into!

SeanieFitz

A mate of mine is compulsorily a member of SIPTU, dismayed at the way working class people were abused by The Labour Party/Red Blueshirts in the last Government, he wrote to them telling them that none of his dues were to be given to The Red Blueshirts!
I would sugget that if you are a member of a trade union which helps subsidize this party and you have an issue with the way you or others were treated by The Red Blueshirts, that this is an option well worth looking into!

How do you mean compulsorily? what would happen if he chose to stop his union deductions?

brughahaha

Doesnt matter ....both are in terminal decline and increasingly irrelevant

Hitchcock

Doesnt matter ....both are in terminal decline and increasingly irrelevant
The LP absolutely. However the fact that the SI devoted much of their newspaper on Sunday to demonise PS workers and the Unions and other media outlets are doing the same, I think it illustrates that they are far from irrelevant. If the leadership had anything about them they'd get out and build more.

automaticforthepeople

Out of curiosity is your mate's employer a member of IBEC or ISME? Would he consider writing to his employer and asking him (it usually is a him) if the business's membership of an employer body is compulsory and if not would they refund him his membership?

SeanieFitz

The LP absolutely. However the fact that the SI devoted much of their newspaper on Sunday to demonise PS workers and the Unions and other media outlets are doing the same, I think it illustrates that they are far from irrelevant. If the leadership had anything about them they'd get out and build more.
They are. It is interesting to read the FG/IN&M/Dinny media mogul commentary in much of the mainstream media which is taking a 2 pronged approach
1. demonise PS at ever opportunity
2. discourage/prevent PAYE workers from coming together (as in the PAYE marches in the 1980's) so as to divide and rule

johnny365

Small Business Association reps on every night demonising. Public service. Maybe an expose on the shocking conditions and pay of some workers in this Country is needed.

wexfordman

Small Business Association reps on every night demonising. Public service. Maybe an expose on the shocking conditions and pay of some workers in this Country is needed.
why, just because someone disagrees with union demands ?
no need to expose shocking conditions otherwise eh!!!

venusian

The likes of Jack O Connor, Shay Coady, Patricia King, the so called senior union representatives etc have been long bought and paid for by FF/FG/"labour". Its time that the trade union movement went back to its roots, dumped the tainted union leaders and had hard honest and true working class union leaders to represent their members.

redsaint

So who do you reckon he should give his support to.

redsaint

The likes of Jack O Connor, Shay Coady, Patricia King, the so called senior union representatives etc have been long bought and paid for by FF/FG/"labour". Its time that the trade union movement went back to its roots, dumped the tainted union leaders and had hard honest and true working class union leaders to represent their members.
No mention of the SF gang there (the Party with no union)and FF and FG for fu.. sake give us a break.

Franzoni

The behaviour of SIPTU and the policy it put forward in regards to the payment of water plus not lending it's support to the citizens who took to the streets to prevent the attempt by carpetbaggers to privatize our water supply should be reason and warning enough for many of it's grassroots members to seek representation elsewhere....

SeanieFitz

I would really appreciate an answer to my previous question

How do you mean compulsorily? what would happen if he chose to stop his union deductions?

'orebel

The behaviour of SIPTU and the policy it put forward in regards to the payment of water plus not lending it's support to the citizens who took to the streets to prevent the attempt by carpetbaggers to privatize our water supply should be reason and warning enough for many of it's grassroots members to seek representation elsewhere....
Indeed. SIPTU have been compromised for years. Worse than useless.

Zach Dingle

Exactly!
Imagine the idea of a trade union supporting a tax like that on top of working class people, which apart from everything else represents a transfer of tax burden from the wealthiest to everyone else!
Were it not for Naorthern Irish trade unions within ICTU, it would have been slyed in!
Also it is the same attitude as was it ISME/IBEC who came out and said what ever you do don't make the so called free allowance to big!
How many seats do SIPTU and other Trade Union Traitors have on the Board of Irish Water and why?

General Urko

My mate works for a multi national where on getting a full time job there, you have to join SIPTU, which I think used to be referred to as a closed shop business.
It is a very profitable company and he tells me that the 2 upcoming trends will be the norm from now on, new shop floor workers will be all coming from agencies, most likely none will ever be made full time and employed by the actual company and the company pension scheme is highly likely to be vastly downgraded for all their full time shopfloor workers. This will be happening under SIPTU's watch!:mad:
Alot of suceessful multi nationals are very much gung ho about not employing anybody who is a trade union member at all!
Quite honestly if multi nationals are starting to outshyte even traditional sleeveen local employer fooking scum, we can do without them!:mad:

Last edited:

General Urko

Biffos' adminsitration should have faced national protests and general strikes across all sectors, this would have ended the charade within a matter of days! The only people capable of organising this much necessary course of action were the trade union movement and they were absolutely nowhere to be seen in support of its members and citzens in our hour of greatest need!
General strikes back in the day were instrumental in stopping the introduction of the evil of conscription being enforced here during WW1, they were also hugely significant in highlighting British Imperialist atrocities in Ireland during the war of independence. And of course we had The Irish Citizens' Army in 1916!
The trade union movement has fallen a long way and now only really supports the public sector, which is leeching off the backs of the majority of trade union members let alone the vast majority off Irish People!:mad:

Seanie Lemass

I was SIPTU member and was able to stop the contribution to Labour. It is trivial amount, don't think it was even a Euro a week, but worth making the point!

General Urko

I was SIPTU member and was able to stop the contribution to Labour. It is trivial amount, don't think it was even a Euro a week, but worth making the point!
Great stuff! That € per week, €52 per year could buy a bit in ALDI/LIDL! And won't be going towards the further abuse of working class people by The Red Blueshirt Scum!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies