The true shape and purpose of IW emerges.

automaticforthepeople

Who in their right mind would buy it? Would you buy it yourself? It's a basket case so me neither.
Please can we have a thread about how paranoid the anti water protesters are? Irish Water is fast becoming the Irish version of Goodwins Rule

Mad as Fish

Completely dishonest presentation, as the last para of the CSO letter in your link makes clear.
"as there are NO statements by the Irish Government that "privatisation is ultimately envisaged".
That is a very weak argument as you know, the government maybe stupid but it's not so stupid as to go making its intent clear on privatisation by issuing statements confirming that is the plan. Has it issued a statement absolutely ruling out any privatisation plans?

Mad as Fish

Who in their right mind would buy it? Would you buy it yourself? It's a basket case so me neither.
Please can we have a thread about how paranoid the anti water protesters are? Irish Water is fast becoming the Irish version of Goodwins Rule
A service company that is there merely to maintain a billing system and collect money for a basic necessity is a very attractive proposition for any commercial enterprise I would have thought.

Mad as Fish

A very weak argument that the Government didn't say what you're trying to pretend they did say?
Really?
If you are going to reply to a post then kindly quote all of it, otherwise you leave the impression that you are somehow scared of its full content, which I should imagine you are in this case.

eoghanacht

On what grounds other than it scares you rigid?

Have you no constructive criticism?
Ignore that clown all he knows is how to commit fraud, run a family business in to the ground and make statements totally unrelated to reality.

Take his sig, he was waffling on about anti semitism until it was pointed out that Franco had all of Spain's Jewish population on a list ready to be gathered up if uncle Adolf gave the word.

He done the same with a sig about Thatcher, waffling on about murdering leftists until he was reminded of his Hero's close ties to the mass murdering Pinochet.

Totally nuts.

GDPR

If you are going to reply to a post then kindly quote all of it, otherwise you leave the impression that you are somehow scared of its full content, which I should imagine you are in this case.
Your presentation is dishonest and you know it, but do keep on digging.

Gaston

Completely dishonest presentation, as the last para of the CSO letter in your link makes clear.
"as there are NO statements by the Irish Government that "privatisation is ultimately envisaged".
That reminds me of the time when Dermot Ahearn & Dempsey went out to tell the meeja that the IMF weren't in town, while at the same time St Lendahand was shining their shoes.

Sure, the political establishment in Ireland either by their acts or omissions are pure as the driven snow. Sher, doesn't the evidence back this contention up.

Tony's, FFs very own version of Lord Haw Haw.:lol:

BTW, I see in the media that the FF cumann is about scaring children in yer clown shoes at the moment...don't you think that ye are a bit old for that sort of carry on?

Mad as Fish

Your presentation is dishonest and you know it, but do keep on digging.
Can you do no better than throw slurs around? Perhaps you might try and explain as to why you consider it so?

GDPR

If "The true shape and purpose of IW emerges" from a third party statement when the Government, who are in control of IW, through its agents, the CSO in this case, specifically deny to this third party ever having made that statement, then the presentation of that in this thread isn't a dishonest one.
Otherwise and very clearly, it is a dishonest presentation of events.

eoghanacht

What You Need to Know About the World's Water Wars

Nothing to see here, privateers are not snapping up water utilities across the world, there's no climate change, no aquifers struggling to meet demands from Beijing to Mexico City.

Forget that Big Phil done it all in secret, no Irish politician has ever gifted our resources or rights to their cronies, for a fee of course.

Go back to sleep everything is OK.

GDPR

That reminds me of the time when Dermot Ahearn & Dempsey went out to tell the meeja that the IMF weren't in town, while at the same time St Lendahand was shining their shoes.

Sure, the political establishment in Ireland either by their acts or omissions are pure as the driven snow. Sher, doesn't the evidence back this contention up.

Tony's, FFs very own version of Lord Haw Haw.:lol:

BTW, I see in the media that the FF cumann is about scaring children in yer clown shoes at the moment...don't you think that ye are a bit old for that sort of carry on?
I dislike this post for its lack of the surprise element.

No mention of the honesty or otherwise of the presentation in the OP, just purile waffle.

Bubbleheaded

Do you go into fits of rage every time you go to the supermarket?
If the land the supermarket had been built on was handed to them for free, if the supermarket itself and all the stock and staff were paid for by the taxpayer in a special supermarket tax which had been added to VAT and car tax, as well as being taken from all other taxation, yet a private company demanded I pay for the goods I already paid for with my taxes. Then I'd be really mad.

Gaston

I dislike this post for its lack of the surprise element.

No mention of the honesty or otherwise of the presentation in the OP, just purile waffle.
Tonys from FF/IRA railing about honesty & purile waffle. :lol:

That's what I love about you; your ironic rants are a class act. :lol:

BTW, do you have any tips for the nags? :lol:

Mad as Fish

If "The true shape and purpose of IW emerges" from a third party statement when the Government, who are in control of IW, through its agents, the CSO in this case, specifically deny to this third party ever having made that statement, then the presentation of that in this thread isn't a dishonest one.
Otherwise and very clearly, it is a dishonest presentation of events.
Once again you are heavily relying on the assumption that the government is being totally up front about its intentions on a subject that it clearly knew at the time to be highly controversial.

What is quite clear is that the government has not ruled privatisation out, that much is confirmed by the letter, but why should Eurostat assume that 'privatisation is ultimately envisaged'? it could hardly infer that from a short provision in the legislation, so what other communication has been passing between the Irish Government and Eurostat?

'orebel

From the comments section:
sam; said:
The CSO didn’t say it was ‘inaccurate’. This is something the CSO could, and should, have been very deliberate and unambiguous about if it truly were inaccurate, as you claim.
They said that it ‘MAY be a misinterpretation…’, and that is on the basis that the Irish Government have not made any statements to the effect that privatization is ‘ultimately envisaged’.
It is true that no public statements have been made in this regard. However, it is also true that policy decisions and directions are often discussed and agreed upon within Government, and with involved partners such as EuroStat, long-prior to public policy announcements or official statements – that’s generally how it works.
So EuroStat making reference to their presumption that privatization is on the cards could very well just have been that – them them telling it like it is, as far as they understand it, in correspondence – to which the Irish Government suggested this MAY be misinterpreted as official policy, at a time that the policy is not yet official – as Government have not yet made any official statements to that effect.

Yes, I am jumping also to conclusions here…just as you are that the EuroStat wording is ‘inaccurate’ when the CSO never claimed it to be.
However, EuroStat are not newbies in this game, I’d think they’re unlikely to just throw that in there by accident or just make it up out of nowhere. This is a long and involved process where EuroStat are unlikely to be throwing guesswork regarding Government planning into their correspondence and hitting Send button to quickly. Knowing how PR is handled, this looks much more like the Government asking EuroStat to check themselves in what they say regarding privatization, so it not be misinterpreted as official, rather than a case of flat out telling EuroStat that they are flat out wrong and that privatization is not on the cards, no way, na-ha, not ever – where in God’s name did you get that idea?
Yes a jump to a conclusion, but you don’t have to jump very far to achieve it.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
From the comments section:
Commentator Sam, as tonic's quote from the letter makes clear, is talking nonsense when he says the CSO didn’t say the assertion was inaccurate. That's precisely what it did in stating "there are NO statements by the Irish Government that 'privatisation is ultimately envisaged'".

Not only did the CSO say that the assertion was inaccurate, they asked for it to be removed from the text on that ground.

This is really just another bottle of smoke from fishie, who -- with his usual revolutionary perverted thinking -- would like nothing more than what he chooses to present as his worst fear to be true.

Last edited:

Mad as Fish

It appears that Eurostat got the wrong end of the stick, and the CSO put them straight in the letter in question.

Whether someone at Eurostat heard something at a bus stop or at a Fine Gael reception in the Berlaymont is a question of vague and passing interest (thus far).
I doubt that Eurostat is staffed by the sort of people who don't think very carefully about what they commit to paper.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies