The true shape and purpose of IW emerges.

Mad as Fish

What You Need to Know About the World's Water Wars

Nothing to see here, privateers are not snapping up water utilities across the world, there's no climate change, no aquifers struggling to meet demands from Beijing to Mexico City.

Forget that Big Phil done it all in secret, no Irish politician has ever gifted our resources or rights to their cronies, for a fee of course.

Go back to sleep everything is OK.
The ownership of water has become a valuable asset,

Save in respect of an existing shared Service Connection the Customer is prohibited from using the Connection and/or using any other mechanism to supply water onwards to another location or premises other than the Premises to which these Terms and Conditions apply.

Clause 3.2 of the domestic contract which they tried bribing people to sign with a €100 'grant'.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
The ownership of water has become a valuable asset,

Save in respect of an existing shared Service Connection the Customer is prohibited from using the Connection and/or using any other mechanism to supply water onwards to another location or premises other than the Premises to which these Terms and Conditions apply.

Clause 3.2 of the domestic contract which they tried bribing people to sign with a €100 'grant'.
If you're suggesting that there's something nefarious about this clause,you'll have to spell it out. Because the clause in question appears to me to do no more than quite reasonably prevent a consumer becoming a supplier of water provided by Irish Water at Irish Water's expense.

Mad as Fish

If you're suggesting that there's something nefarious about this clause,you'll have to spell it out. Because the clause in question appears to me to do no more than quite reasonably prevent a consumer becoming a supplier of water provided by Irish Water at Irish Water's expense.
Thank you for confirming that you are in panic mode for a second's consideration would have revealed that if the water is metered then it makes no difference.

im axeled

the la's were managing as best they could with limited funding, the were collecting payments in most of the country
the trousering party were not happy with this arrangement, so instead of upping the la's funding to help them achive better results they invented iw
iw recieved unheard of funding as regards water
it had at it head people who's track record in wasting public funding would be an embarresment to the head of n.k.
it gave an order for meters and their instalition to a friend of the trousering party, against the wishes of the people
it turned ireland against ags, the trousering party and the lieabout/stickie/disso's
it cost a moxey in outside pr, bonuses for turning up to work, fancy gym's et for the workers,
it hired an over the top amount of workers
all this at a time of the severest austerity ireland ever suffered,
it lead to mack the knife and cromwell were forgiven
it claimed that it would taqke 50 years to fix ireland water infrastructure
it recieved personal data via the back door, which it could sell off to the highest bidder
it set up a help center,
it set up a billing center despite the la's having already being equipped to do so
it now has hired a debt collection agency
it was set up to fail, it so spectacularly, but not in the way the trousering party evisiged
it claimed the rights to all the water in ireland
it claimed the right to whatever rainwater would fall on this rainsodden isle form here to eternity
it stopped a household giving water to another for free
it brought 10;s of thousands on the streets, they havent gone away you know

hurling_lad

All of this was thrashed out in September 2015 when this memo was disclosed.

Why the new thread on an ancient story?

Toland

Website
Thank you for confirming that you are in panic mode for a second's consideration would have revealed that if the water is metered then it makes no difference.
In panic mode, you say?

Why on earth would I be in panic mode?

I'll be honest with you: I'm in bored mode. I'm bored with the work in front of me this morning, and bored of the nonsense you're constantly spouting on this site.

Mad as Fish

All of this was thrashed out in September 2015 when this memo was disclosed.

Why the new thread on an ancient story?
Another line from the 'Nothing to see here' book of excuses.

Mad as Fish

In panic mode, you say?

Why on earth would I be in panic mode?

I'll be honest with you: I'm in bored mode. I'm bored with the work in front of me this morning, and bored of the nonsense you're constantly spouting on this site.
But not so bored that you would prefer to address the point that if the water is metered then it makes no difference as to whether the user passes it on to a third party because he will be paying for it via volume anyway, which rubbishes the claim you were making.

Mad as Fish

This is fishie we're talking about. He likes to make mountains out of slight hollows in the ground.
I'd suggest that you also think about your metaphors as a relief from your boredom. Anyway, good to see that the response has so quickly descended to personal attacks on the OP.

Toland

Website
But not so bored that you would prefer to address the point that if the water is metered then it makes no difference as to whether the user passes it on to a third party because he will be paying for it via volume anyway, which rubbishes the claim you were making.
Sigh! What's the current position with metered payments?

And even if that weren't so, of course Irish Water will want to make sure that each every water user using their water are supplied directly by themselves.

Seriously. Cop on.

This is like spoonfeeding a hairy baby.

Toland

Website
I'd suggest that you also think about your metaphors as a relief from your boredom. Anyway, good to see that the response has so quickly descended to personal attacks on the OP.
The OP is not even a molehill. Yet the author of the OP is making a Carrantuohill out of it.

This is not the first time that same author has done similar.

If pointing that out counts as a "personal attack," so be it.

Mad as Fish

Sigh! What's the current position with metered payments?

And even if that weren't so, of course Irish Water will want to make sure that each every water user using their water are supplied directly by themselves.

Seriously. Cop on.

This is like spoonfeeding a hairy baby.
That contract was drawn up long before the current position was 'envisaged', to use a popular term.

Now why should IW insist that - to make sure that each every water user using their water are supplied directly by themselves.?

Toland

Website
That contract was drawn up long before the current position was 'envisaged', to use a popular term.
I'm aware of that. But your point (if you ever had one) is now moot. Anyway, my second point still applies.

Now why should IW insist that - to make sure that each every water user using their water are supplied directly by themselves.?
Do you really have to ask that question?

Irish Water have to be in control of what they are responsible for. Public liability 101.

Watcher2

Let me get this straight.

You believe that paying a state company for water services is just about acceptable, but paying a private company is completely and totally unacceptable.

Do you go into fits of rage every time you go to the supermarket?
Its grasping for straws. The letter clearly refers to the infrastructure, to be privatized, would require a referendum. But a reference to the utility company providing the service possibly being made private sends him into fits of rage. The guy needs to get a life. This water issue is clearly rendering him deranged. If it was a private company, there may not have been all the palaver to begin with. Its the political interference that has caused all the bullshte.

Mad as Fish

I'm aware of that. But your point (if you ever had one) is now moot. Anyway, my second point still applies.

Do you really have to ask that question?

Irish Water have to be in control of what they are responsible for. Public liability 101.
Not at all, the vendor is responsible not the ultimate supplier. Consumer law.

Mad as Fish

Its grasping for straws. The letter clearly refers to the infrastructure, to be privatized, would require a referendum. But a reference to the utility company providing the service possibly being made private sends him into fits of rage. The guy needs to get a life. This water issue is clearly rendering him deranged. If it was a private company, there may not have been all the palaver to begin with. Its the political interference that has caused all the bullshte.
So we can now be assured that the plan is to split IW into two and sell off the profitable money making part and keep the bit that requires large investment? That does of course make a mockery of the idea that water charges will be ring fenced for improving the infrastructure.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies