The true shape and purpose of IW emerges.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Not at all, the vendor is responsible not the ultimate supplier. Consumer law.

That's it. The boredom threshold has been reached. The crap I have to do before the day is is now clearly more exciting than continuing this dialog with a mental contortionist who thinks he knows everything.

Have a nice day.

Mad as Fish

That's it. The boredom threshold has been reached. The crap I have to do before the day is is now clearly more exciting than continuing this dialog with a mental contortionist.

Have a nice day.
My day is always a more pleasant one when I see your extended self interested backside running for the door.

Mad as Fish

Because the mad yolk is banned from all the other IW threads and...well, it's his life... :lol:
Wrong again, about four or five at the last count and those only because they set their pet troll on to winding people up with his blatant stupidity.

What's with the childish smiley, is it the FG attack code or something?

Watcher2

So we can now be assured that the plan is to split IW into two and sell off the profitable money making part and keep the bit that requires large investment? That does of course make a mockery of the idea that water charges will be ring fenced for improving the infrastructure.
I don't think we can. I don't see anywhere in the memo where definitive plans were discussed.

Mad as Fish

I don't think we can. I don't see anywhere in the memo where definitive plans were discussed.
The whole point of the letter appears to be to ensure that definitive plans are not even mentioned let alone discussed.

Socratus O' Pericles

We can hope if not assume. Siteserv would make the delivery of the water, waste water and sewage systems so much more efficient.

johnnypockets

Wrong again, about four or five at the last count and those only because they set their pet troll on to winding people up with his blatant stupidity.

What's with the childish smiley, is it the FG attack code or something?
What did you do before IW? :lol:

BACKTOBASICS

So we can now be assured that the plan is to split IW into two and sell off the profitable money making part and keep the bit that requires large investment? That does of course make a mockery of the idea that water charges will be ring fenced for improving the infrastructure.
I agree with you, but I have already noted this in previous posts where the Commercial Water bills state that 'X County Council is acting as the agent for Irish Water' - so there you have it.

The failed Irish Water quango is trying to shoehorn themselves in merely for the collection of money and in a failed streamlining of the water services for it's eventual sale into private ownership, and then the *hit will literally hit the fan with massive price increases.

Meanwhile, the 'government' of FG and FF are throwing a miserly fiver at the senior citizens to bribe them into accepting being screwed, while awarding themselves a rise of Euro 5000.

At the next Irish Water protest, let the people show them what they think of that exercise in attempting to buy them off on the cheap.

Last edited:

Mad as Fish

Its grasping for straws. The letter clearly refers to the infrastructure, to be privatized, would require a referendum. But a reference to the utility company providing the service possibly being made private sends him into fits of rage. The guy needs to get a life. This water issue is clearly rendering him deranged. If it was a private company, there may not have been all the palaver to begin with. Its the political interference that has caused all the bullshte.
Have you calmed down yourself yet? That really is a quite magnificent tirade, bravo!

Anyway, I'm trying to make sense of the first couple of lines and I find your intended meaning somewhat vague unless of course you were already aware of the idea that IW may be split into two, the infrastructure part and the operating part. The first to be left in state ownership and the second to be sold off.

It is of course the operating part that is where the money is to be made and privatising it will only serve to increase the overall cost of water provision as the poor user will have to pay for the invoicing and metering, costs which are non existent when there is no billing system! And for what purpose? We already have one of lowest usage rates in the EU, water use is already limited by energy costs, leaks can be detected electronically, swimming pools are rare enough and they can be taxed separately etc.

So what logical reason is there for a privatised billing service?

HarshBuzz

Pretty cunning of the government to put the CSO in charge of the privatisation.

So cunning that in fact it doesn't exist except in the OP's fevered imagination. Kaiser Soze territory here folks.

Mad as Fish

Pretty cunning of the government to put the CSO in charge of the privatisation.

So cunning that in fact it doesn't exist except in the OP's fevered imagination. Kaiser Soze territory here folks.
And more cunning still to make up such nonsense, where have I even suggested that CSO is in charge of privatisation, or are we talking about FG levels of comprehension which is basically makey uppey meaning to suit?

Mad as Fish

I agree with you, but I have already noted this in previous posts where the Commercial Water bills state that 'X County Council is acting as the agent for Irish Water' - so there you have it.

The failed Irish Water quango is trying to shoehorn themselves in merely for the collection of money and in a failed streamlining of the water services for it's eventual sale into private ownership, and then the *hit will literally hit the fan with massive price increases.

Meanwhile, the 'government' of FG and FF are throwing a miserly fiver at the senior citizens to bribe them into accepting being screwed, while awarding themselves a rise of Euro 5000.

At the next Irish Water protest,
let the people show them what they think of that exercise in attempting to buy them off on the cheap.
I wonder if the FG shills will come out for that? They seem to have gone to ground and this thread has been hidden from casual visitors, seems like they don't want to talk about IW all of a sudden, aided and abetted by P.ie. Doing Dinny's dirty work?

venusian

And quite rifght too.

The private sector runs things much better than the public.

Michael O' Leary was telling the chuckling Fine Gaelers at breakfast that really the health service needs to be privatised that'll make it efficient.

Of course state subsidies for the bloodstock industry need to remain because of the jaaabs.
The O'Leary school of improving the health service I am sure (for the appropriate fee) would be happy to provide flights for the sick and elderley to re-opened privatised "holiday camps" like Auschwitz and Dachau and bring about a "final solution" to the crisis in health. I believe FG would find it particularity politically acceptable to their brand of politics:roll:

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
The O'Leary school of improving the health service I am sure (for the appropriate fee) would be happy to provide flights for the sick and elderley to re-opened privatised "holiday camps" like Auschwitz and Dachau and bring about a "final solution" to the crisis in health. I believe FG would find it particularity politically acceptable to their brand of politics:roll:
Your appalling abuse of holocaust imagery is noted.

Mad as Fish

Your appalling abuse of holocaust imagery is noted.
So is the context in which he used it. Perhaps you should be asking yourself why people feel that such a comparison is appropriate.

venusian

the la's were managing as best they could with limited funding, the were collecting payments in most of the country
the trousering party were not happy with this arrangement, so instead of upping the la's funding to help them achive better results they invented iw
iw recieved unheard of funding as regards water
it had at it head people who's track record in wasting public funding would be an embarresment to the head of n.k.
it gave an order for meters and their instalition to a friend of the trousering party, against the wishes of the people
it turned ireland against ags, the trousering party and the lieabout/stickie/disso's
it cost a moxey in outside pr, bonuses for turning up to work, fancy gym's et for the workers,
it hired an over the top amount of workers
all this at a time of the severest austerity ireland ever suffered,
it lead to mack the knife and cromwell were forgiven
it claimed that it would taqke 50 years to fix ireland water infrastructure
it recieved personal data via the back door, which it could sell off to the highest bidder
it set up a help center,
it set up a billing center despite the la's having already being equipped to do so
it now has hired a debt collection agency
it was set up to fail, it so spectacularly, but not in the way the trousering party evisiged
it claimed the rights to all the water in ireland
it claimed the right to whatever rainwater would fall on this rainsodden isle form here to eternity
it stopped a household giving water to another for free
it brought 10;s of thousands on the streets, they havent gone away you know
It destroyed the "labour" party vote and halved FG's whilst making people ultra suspicious of FF's motives in ending water charges (one good thing to come out of the fiasco of the sleaze and corruption of FF/FG/"labour's joke IW)

Feckkit

Completely dishonest presentation, as the last para of the CSO letter in your link makes clear.
"as there are NO statements by the Irish Government that "privatisation is ultimately envisaged".
"Envisaging privatisation" doesn't require any statements and pity the poor fool who'd make one in this case, under any circumstances.

Mad as Fish

It destroyed the "labour" party vote and halved FG's whilst making people ultra suspicious of FF's motives in ending water charges (one good thing to come out of the fiasco of the sleaze and corruption of FF/FG/"labour's joke IW)
It always amuses me the way they try and deny that.

johnnypockets

I wonder if the FG shills will come out for that? They seem to have gone to ground and this thread has been hidden from casual visitors, seems like they don't want to talk about IW all of a sudden, aided and abetted by P.ie. Doing Dinny's dirty work?
How do you figure that now?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies