The Trump Effect.

benroe

The Trump effect is the phenomenon whereby superabundant allegations slurs and verbose hysterical charges are leveled at someone in an attempt to depose them, but has the opposite effect and galvanises and strengthens their position.

This will be a WIKI entry after 2025 and Trumps second term, it will never dawn on his detractors that those who elected Trump, did so to put a bull in the politically correct china shop and that every squeal of derision, every offence taken, every melted snowflake and hysterical charge are evidence to them that he is doing exactly what they elected him to do.

Trainwreck

The Trump effect is the phenomenon whereby superabundant allegations slurs and verbose hysterical charges are leveled at someone in an attempt to depose them, but has the opposite effect and galvanises and strengthens their position.

This will be a WIKI entry after 2025 and Trumps second term, it will never dawn on his detractors that those who elected Trump, did so to put a bull in the politically correct china shop and that every squeal of derision, every offence taken, every melted snowflake and hysterical charge are evidence to them that he is doing exactly what they elected him to do.
Sort of a reverse Streisand effect, where you spout the complaints, which results in adverse effects for you.

Gurdiev77

one of my favourite elements of the TRUMP Effect is DTs ability to slowly corrode a personality by the application of an epithet.

I hate it but I'm fascinated at how effective it is .....' Crooked Hillary,'' Low energy Jeb', 'Failing NYTimes',' Leaky Lyin' Comey'.

Its the 'spitting image 'effect.

( i know this is different thing )

Erudite Caveman

Which would be fine, if he wasn't supposed to be head of state in the world's most powerful country. He is sh1t at his job, because his job isn't to melt snowflakes, despite what the gullible fools and basement dwellers who support him seem to think.

Trainwreck

Exhibit #1:

Which would be fine, if he wasn't supposed to be head of state in the world's most powerful country. He is sh1t at his job, because his job isn't to melt snowflakes, despite what the gullible fools and basement dwellers who support him seem to think.

GDPR

The real Trump effect was to show that at least as the United States goes the globalist swamp cannot be drained through democratic means.

razorblade

Indeed there's absolutely nothing wrong with constructive criticism it wouldn't be a democracy if their wasn't but all the petitions all the protests about his impeachment are pathetic in the extreme he was legitimately elected to the white house in a free fair election so all these whining snowflakes need to get over themselves and acknowledge that fact.

PBP voter

benroe

one of my favourite elements of the TRUMP Effect is DTs ability to slowly corrode a personality by the application of an epithet.

I hate it but I'm fascinated at how effective it is .....' Crooked Hillary,'' Low energy Jeb', 'Failing NYTimes',' Leaky Lyin' Comey'.

It is fascinating how someone like Trump can dodge scandals that would have brought down any previous President by simply stating "Fake news", those making the allegations double down and find more scandals leaving his detractors punch drunk and more and more frustrated and bewildered.

A Voice

Lyin' Ted Cruz.
Little Marco (Rubio).
Rocket Man.
Pocahontas. ! :D

Mick Mac

There is a series quibble about the nature of the Trump effect.

Your definition.

Alternative definition is it's the phenomenon whereby a person determines their response to an event only in the event of Trump's position being measured first.

It's like Schrodinger's cat a bit.

Mick Mac

edg

The word Effect is used correctly in the OP. Not sure why someone posted a definition of the word.

Mick Mac

The word Effect is used correctly in the OP. Not sure why someone posted a definition of the word.
Are people sneering at others writing again.

Of thr poster is presumed to be a bit Trump friendly they'll get abuse I'm sure.

A question of education, a hint at being working class garbage etc.

It's not good people. Don't pick up stupid things and quibble. You shrink your mind doing that.

silverharp

Scott Adams has been pointing out that Trump isn't a prisoner of his mind whereas most people go around in a mental prison of their own making, "you cant do that" "you cant say that". North Korea might become a good example that by reframing a problem is stops being one.

I will enjoy the next 6 or so years where he continues to bamboozle his critics because of their narrow thinking

Most Replies