• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

The TSA in America are going to let small knives back on planes

eyelight

In a major turnaround, the TSA in the US will now let you carry small pocket knives on to an airplane, if the blade is below a certain length.

Supposedly, this is to "to conform with international rules".

Maybe someone should tell security in Dublin Airport, next time they confiscate a nail file from my 80 year old mother.

Boy M5

We are allowed very small knives already (I know because an airport cop intervened when a security screener tried to take away a bottle opener that had a small knife on it; the security screener was determined to do me, and was trying to convince me to surrender the bottle opener, anyway. I wanted to give it back to my wife who was still at the airport (i wanted to make sure it wasn't taken on the return flight / I wanted keep it for sentimental reasons).

As for the TSA, they now allow knives but flipflops (with their wafer thin solid soles) are still seen as security threats.

zakalwe1

We are allowed very small knives already (I know because an airport cop intervened when a security screener tried to take away a bottle opener that had a small knife on it; the security screener was determined to do me, and was trying to convince me to surrender the bottle opener, anyway. I wanted to give it back to my wife who was still at the airport (i wanted to make sure it wasn't taken on the return flight / I wanted keep it for sentimental reasons).

As for the TSA, they now allow knives but flipflops (with their wafer thin solid soles) are still seen as security threats.
flip flops aren't a security threat but a hazard in the case of an emergency.

SilverSpurs

In a major turnaround, the TSA in the US will now let you carry small pocket knives on to an airplane, if the blade is below a certain length.

Supposedly, this is to "to conform with international rules".

Maybe someone should tell security in Dublin Airport, next time they confiscate a nail file from my 80 year old mother.

Diluting security under commercial pressure.....some people will never ever learn will they.

Dankoozy

The TSA are a shower of gobsh1tes but this seems like a sudden outbreak of common sense. Now they just have to start diluting security here because taking jam jars off the elderly does nothing for security and it's all just a show

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies