The United People (UP) Party

Dame_Enda

This party appears in the register of political parties. I was curious when wikipedia listed their ideology as "populism". Says they split from Direct Democracy Ireland. Would you consider voting for them in a GE? I'm sceptical of political parties as a concept, but would consider one that allowed freedom of dissent and was not soft on immigration.

Thejournal.ie says their policies are:

Abolishing Irish Water and returning control of water services to local councils
Opposing water charges and water metering
Opposing the EU/US Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP)
“Balancing” parental rights
Constitutionally guaranteed access to the internet
Ending the Universal Social Charge (USC)

They also said in 2015:

....The refugee crisis
We’d like to see the issue addressed, but on an equal basis – we want to see as much urgency put into Irish people who are homeless, not more or less.

Same-sex marriage
We were all for it, and we were delighted to see it pass.

Taxation
We’ve included details on taxation in our manifesto, and we don’t want to reveal too much before we make a public announcement.

Abortion
We don’t have a stance yet on it. We’re still getting feedback from the members, and at our next AGM we’ll have a vote on this....
This is their logo.

Bertie's Hat

I am aware of Jeff Rudd and I looked into them the time of the last election. The website is bloody awful looking. I think there was a lot of internal strife in the party and also within DDI who seem to change leaders as often as their knickers.

To be fair there's not much in what you posted above from their manifesto that I don't agree with, but they don't seem a coherent enough proposition for me to vote for them.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Sync

They’ve a “new” logo now.

If it looks familiar, well that’s because you’ve seen the special olympics icon from a few years ago.

Analyzer

Renua Nua ???

Anyway it is good to have more choice.

There is a problem in thst the diffrrences beteeen many existing options are superficial snd minor.

cricket

They seem to be a bit dodgy on the national question.

Supra

"Clearer Transparency"
When trying to hard goes wrong. Amateurs.

statsman

Just need to post this again:
Blot over the other so he can’t read. There. Right. Idea prize titbit. Something detective read off blottingpad. Payment at the rate of guinea per col. Matcham often thinks the laughing witch. Poor Mrs Purefoy. U. P: up.

Degeneration X

This party appears in the register of political parties. I was curious when wikipedia listed their ideology as "populism". Says they split from Direct Democracy Ireland. Would you consider voting for them in a GE? I'm sceptical of political parties as a concept, but would consider one that allowed freedom of dissent and was not soft on immigration.

Abolishing Irish Water and returning control of water services to local councils

They also said in 2015:

This is their logo.

No economic programme = a pile of useless spoofers.

Beachcomber

They also said in 2015:

This is their logo.

More Irish fascists?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies