• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

The US Democratic Party's email leaks

GDPR

According to the publisher of this leak, only the first 20,000 emails have been released. This first release was timed to cause major embarrassment and to coincide with a planned demo by some supporters of Bernie Sanders at the DNC in Philadelphia.

Because there are hints that there are more to come, and maybe not just emails but other documents, I thought maybe the subject should have its own thread.

An article in "The Fix" from the Washington Post lists the latest, most damaging things in the DNC’s leaked emails

1. Targeting Sanders's religion?
That clearly happened (from the emails), but I don't recall ever seeing anything about in in the press. If it was, it was considered a ho-hum subject and did not bother anyone much

2. Wasserman Schultz calls top Sanders aide a "damn liar"...
If someone is a liar, there is nothing wrong with calling him one. I do recall some untrue statements from a senior Bernie staffer regarding Nevada, a trivial spat about two extra delegates

3...and says Sanders has "no understanding" of the party
Imho that is partly true. He was, after all, just using the party to get some air time for his beliefs

4. A Clinton lawyer gives DNC strategy advice on Sanders
The Washington Post comments: "the fact that he was talking to the DNC about how to respond would appear to suggest coordination between the DNC and Clinton campaign against Sanders in this particular case."

5. Plotting a narrative about how Sanders's campaign failed
The Washington Post comments: "[this] could be read as a defense of the committee rather than pushing negative information about Sanders. But this is still the committee pushing negative information about one of its candidates."

6. Mocking Sanders for his California debate push
Sanders was out of order on this one, imho. Clinton had won the candidacy by then so what was the point of having yet another debate with Sanders? It would be a waste of her time, and keeping the loser (Sanders) in the spotlight

7. Wishing Sanders would just end it
Many people wanted Sanders to end it. His campaign was well past its sell-by date, and eventually he just faded from the media

8. Calling an alleged Sanders sympathiser a "Bernie bro"
Well, in truth some of Sanders's supporters are Bernie bros, and they descended upon the Convention in droves last night.

9. Criticizing Obama for lack of fundraising help – "That's f--ing stupid"
Obama would not travel for 20 minutes to get a donation of US$350,000. :shock2:

10. Flippant chatter about donors
I am sure that that has caused a lot of red faces at the Democrat Party HQ. Some of the donors mentioned have been offended, and/or loathe the publicity.

IMHO I do not think the emails were stolen by Russians, I strongly suspect a Berniebro did the deed in revenge for the DNC's refusal to give out data after Bernie's team used some confidential data from HRC, knowing it had been sent to them by accident. The FBI is on the case and maybe they'll locate the perp. For party unity the DNC may want the Russians to be blamed until after the election, should the perp be a Berniebro.

Assange has said we should expect more publication of the stolen emails and other data. He has kept his source a secret but has suggested that there is no evidence the Russians are to blame.

Assange certainly has a double standard: he reveals other people's secrets but keeps his own. Now, if someone broke into Assange's servers.... :lol:

Update: Seems most people consider the Russians are the hackers, not an angry berniebros

Last edited:

Zapped(CAPITALISMROTS)

Twitter
daxxdrake
I do not care who leaked the e-mails, but it certainly shows the D.N.C staffers in an unflattering light!

GDPR

I do not care who leaked the e-mails, but it certainly shows the D.N.C staffers in an unflattering light!
That's true. I understand Bernie has decided he's not going to be a Democrat anymore. He's returning to the Senate as an Independent. Possibly because of the way the DNC treated him, but there could be other reasons such as having other people's rules imposed upon him.

NYCKY

According to the publisher of this leak, only the first 20,000 emails have been released. This first release was timed to cause major embarrassment and to coincide with a planned demo by some supporters of Bernie Sanders at the DNC in Philadelphia.

Because there are hints that there are more to come, and maybe not just emails but other documents, I thought maybe the subject should have its own thread.

An article in "The Fix" from the Washington Post lists the latest, most damaging things in the DNC’s leaked emails

1. Targeting Sanders's religion?
That clearly happened (from the emails), but I don't recall ever seeing anything about in in the press. If it was, it was considered a ho-hum subject and did not bother anyone much

2. Wasserman Schultz calls top Sanders aide a "damn liar"...
If someone is a liar, there is nothing wrong with calling him one. I do recall some untrue statements from a senior Bernie staffer regarding Nevada, a trivial spat about two extra delegates

3...and says Sanders has "no understanding" of the party
Imho that is partly true. He was, after all, just using the party to get some air time for his beliefs

4. A Clinton lawyer gives DNC strategy advice on Sanders
The Washington Post comments: "the fact that he was talking to the DNC about how to respond would appear to suggest coordination between the DNC and Clinton campaign against Sanders in this particular case."

5. Plotting a narrative about how Sanders's campaign failed
The Washington Post comments: "[this] could be read as a defense of the committee rather than pushing negative information about Sanders. But this is still the committee pushing negative information about one of its candidates."

6. Mocking Sanders for his California debate push
Sanders was out of order on this one, imho. Clinton had won the candidacy by then so what was the point of having yet another debate with Sanders? It would be a waste of her time, and keeping the loser (Sanders) in the spotlight

7. Wishing Sanders would just end it
Many people wanted Sanders to end it. His campaign was well past its sell-by date, and eventually he just faded from the media

8. Calling an alleged Sanders sympathiser a "Bernie bro"
Well, in truth some of Sanders's supporters are Bernie bros, and they descended upon the Convention in droves last night.

9. Criticizing Obama for lack of fundraising help – "That's f--ing stupid"
Obama would not travel for 20 minutes to get a donation of US$350,000. :shock2:

10. Flippant chatter about donors
I am sure that that has caused a lot of red faces at the Democrat Party HQ. Some of the donors mentioned have been offended, and/or loathe the publicity.

IMHO I do not think the emails were stolen by Russians, I strongly suspect a Berniebro did the deed in revenge for the DNC's refusal to give out data after Bernie's team used some confidential data from HRC, knowing it had been sent to them by accident. The FBI is on the case and maybe they'll locate the perp. For party unity the DNC may want the Russians to be blamed until after the election, should the perp be a Berniebro.

Assange has said we should expect more publication of the stolen emails and other data. He has kept his source a secret but has suggested that there is no evidence the Russians are to blame.

Assange certainly has a double standard: he reveals other people's secrets but keeps his own. Now, if someone broke into Assange's servers.... :lol:
Regarding your first point, targeting Sanders religion, if there was nothing wrong with it, why didn't they actually do it and why did they apologize sincerely after being caught.

Regarding point #3, of course Sanders has a good knowledge of the party. He has been caucusing with them in Congress for over 20 years during which time he has been a pretty reliable vote for the Democratic agenda.

Regarding #7, many didn't want Sanders to end it, he was still winning states on the last big day of the campaign race. Clinton went all the way in 2008 and shouldn't have been surprised that others would do it too.

Sanders has been treated shamefully by the party yet still swallowed his pride and endorsed Hillary in the end.

Analyzer

The biggest crime of all as far as the DNC are concerned is telling the people the truth.

Theregore the Dumbocrat reactiom has been to attack Assange, & ble it all on the Russians.

The revelations are highly insightful.

The DNC are a collection of nasty dishonest individuals churning out buzzwords, shafting an honest persom, assisting a dishonest person, pressing all sorts of emotive buttons, and playing lots of dirty tricks.

The Democratic party exploit identity issues, for everything that they are worth.

They are a disgraceful collection of hypocrites.

The biggest crime of all as far as the DNC are concerned is telling the people the truth.

Theregore the Dumbocrat reactiom has been to attack Assange, & ble it all on the Russians.

The revelations are highly insightful.

The DNC are a collection of nasty dishonest individuals churning out buzzwords, shafting an honest persom, assisting a dishonest person, pressing all sorts of emotive buttons, and playing lots of dirty tricks.

The Democratic party exploit identity issues, for everything that they are worth.

They are a disgraceful collection of hypocrites.
Yup

Well lets face it after 8 years of a Black democrat President is the life of the average Black person in the US any better ?

RasherHash

Regarding your first point, targeting Sanders religion, if there was nothing wrong with it, why didn't they actually do it and why did they apologize sincerely after being caught.

Regarding point #3, of course Sanders has a good knowledge of the party. He has been caucusing with them in Congress for over 20 years during which time he has been a pretty reliable vote for the Democratic agenda.

Regarding #7, many didn't want Sanders to end it, he was still winning states on the last big day of the campaign race. Clinton went all the way in 2008 and shouldn't have been surprised that others would do it too.

Sanders has been treated shamefully by the party yet still swallowed his pride and endorsed Hillary in the end.
Isn't targeting his religion antisemitic?

Fractional Reserve

Yup

Well lets face it after 8 years of a Black democrat President is the life of the average Black person in the US any better ?
Is the life of the average white person any better nope to both .the only thing Obama and his wife did was stir up shyte loads race tension .

Fractional Reserve

Hilary is bought and paid for , the bankers will go hell for leather to get her into power , money won't be a problem .

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
If this thread is followed carefully
http://www.politics.ie/forum/us-politics/240906-hillary-clintons-odd-use-private-email-will-end-her-campaign-29.html#post10432439
The New York Times does not spoonfeed

Gracie ...and her ilk...are de facto Putin Lackeys ...the only question is whether by virtue of reckless idiocy ...or knowing badness

I've been calling out Gracie as an agent of Putin for some time now...plenty other on this thread are the same

cYp
It will be seen why Gracie has forked the debate

Gracie is on Team Putin...and has been for quite some time

And long since back, the Moditariat itself fell...and caves in to whomever required
http://www.politics.ie/forum/feedback/249657-why-does-politics-ie-help-denis-obrien-so-much-3.html#post10432498

It would be salient to review the more recent resignations from that body

cyp

Dame_Enda

New leaks reportedly will talk of Clinton Foundation.

Mickeymac

I am so delighted for you H.R. Clinton, God bless you in your quest to make planet Earth a place of peace and tranquility for every citizen on Earth, as a devout Irish Republican who desires freedom for the streets of my forefathers I give you my absolute backing.

FunkyBoogaloo

I am so delighted for you H.R. Clinton, God bless you in your quest to make planet Earth a place of peace and tranquility for every citizen on Earth, as a devout Irish Republican who desires freedom for the streets of my forefathers I give you my absolute backing.
:lol:

Stockholm syndrome 101.

Carlos Danger

Website
www.youtube.com
It appears as if the hacking has extended to p.ie. Grace and owed may have accessed your account, a chara.

Betson

I would myself a republican(Irish not GOP) as well but you really do sound very pathetic in your hero worship.

livingstone

Yes but per the OP it didn't seem to bother anyone much.
Wasn't the religion thing a suggestion about tackling his atheism not his Judaism?

Still unacceptable and thankfully it didn't get acted upon - but if it's about atheism rather than Judaism it's hardly anti-semitism.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies