The UUP strikes back

Mickeymac

At this stage, the DUP would heave a massive sigh of relief if Brexit just went away. It's been nothing but trouble for them.

A Labour Party overall majority however may raise other issues that they might not be so comfortable with.

Lets hope they don't get some lucky bailout, I much prefer they be left to stew in their own sectarian juices.

Mickeymac

You have to ask the obvious question of what is the point of two unionist parties if they form a pact at every election ?

What is the point of unionism 2019, their vote is maxed out and under the terms of the GFA it takes only 50% plus one vote to delete unionism from Ireland forever.

Mickeymac

Yes but they will come under enormous pressure not to run in North and South Belfast but i agree if they want to become relevant again then they must contest all 18.

Of course they will sir, but they will need to show the electorate that they mean business and show folk they can replace the DUP as a party the vast bulk of folk in the six counties can work with.

Dame_Enda

SDLP has announced they are standing aside in North Belfast and North Down. I think they should also stand aside in Fermanagh South Tyrone though as it s razor thin there.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies