• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

The vestigial organisation UNRWA abandons neutrality

yanshuf

This organisation collaborated with the fascist regime of Hamas by handing them back missiles during the last war in Gaza, and its spokesman didn't like an op-ed written by a Human Rights activist.

So what does the spokesman do?

Goes on twitter and calls for the boycott of the newspaper which published the article.

US calls on UNRWA to

Congalltee

Does Israel comply with UN directives and obligations?
Perhaps, it and any other state, should be boycotted for trade/weapons - rather than a newspaper.
But thanks for sharing this obscure non-story.

dammit_im_mad

You are just a disgusting murder apologist Yashnuf.
Don't bother peddling your state sponsored hasbara
bullsh1t around here. Nobody believes it any more.

maxflinn

I sense desperation in you, yanshuf.

The Israeli propaganda machine is floundering, isn't it.

FakeViking

This member of the Yanshuf team must be due their annual performance review soon, hence the flurry of garbage posts.

yanshuf

I sense desperation in you, yanshuf.

The Israeli propaganda machine is floundering, isn't it.
You need to deal with what you sense.

While we deal with Chris Gunness' attack against the Jpost. This person should be sent home, and declared persona non grata.

Clanrickard

UNRWA should be wound up. The biggest money racket on the planet and an impediment to peace.

The small print

After 65 years in existence, some Palestinians are now beginning to realise what UNRWA is up to ...
Although the numbers are small now, it is encouraging

As a proud Palestinian, I must take responsible for what will happen to our people.

We can no longer deny our responsibility for the future of our people.

UNRWA, to continue its operation, depends on death and the visual suffering of five million Palestinians who continue to wallow in and around UNRWA facilities.

The more Palestinians suffer, the more power goes to UNRWA, which allows it to raise unchecked humanitarian funds and purchase munitions.

eoghanacht

Didn't Israel "collaborate" with Hamas hoping they'd act as a counter weight to the PLO?

Ren84

This organisation collaborated with the fascist regime of Hamas by handing them back missiles during the last war in Gaza, and its spokesman didn't like an op-ed written by a Human Rights activist.

Goes on twitter and calls for the boycott of the newspaper which published the article.

US calls on UNRWA to
Yawn.

Ren84

UNRWA should be wound up. The biggest money racket on the planet and an impediment to peace.
No, the biggest money racket on the planet is the state of Israel which receives billions of dollars each year in no strings attached aid from the US and other like minded idiots.

FakeViking

While we deal with Chris Gunness' attack against the Jpost. This person should be sent home, and declared persona non grata.
Just like your buddies did to the Norwegian Doctor. Brave, aren't you?

maxflinn

Have you a link to this alleged attack?

roc_

US calls on UNRWA to
The UNRWA are a disgrace. They should be prosecuted. It is bad enough that Hamas during this summer's war in Gaza half-succeeded in convincing the world that it wasn't what it actually is: a group with actual genocidal intentions.

Right from the beginning, the world should have been alerted from such as the warnings of Bill Clinton, reported from India. He said, “Hamas was perfectly well aware of what would happen if they started raining rockets in Israel... They fired a thousand of them. And they have a strategy designed to force Israel to kill their own civilians so that the rest of the world will condemn them.”

But later on, as the evidence mounted, and many on here still avert their face from the truth?

Evidence growing that Hamas used residential areas

Hamas Quietly Admits It Fired Rockets from Civilian Areas

And the UNWRA are complicit. A total disgrace. Dead Palestinians represented a crucial propaganda victory for the nihilists of Hamas. It is perverse, but true. It makes me quite upset that people on here reinforce their propaganda victory. This is what they were celebrating in the streets of Gaza after the war.

I had a recent thread on here about the UN and antisemitism - http://www.politics.ie/forum/foreign-affairs/232632-should-mary-robinson-officially-called-account-her-role-durban.html

The small print

Difficult to know which is worse for Palestinians - Hamas or UNRWA
Hamas are utterly corrupt and steal billions of aid and tax revenue for themselves. They incite Israel into attacking Gaza and use their own people as human sheilds.
UNRWA, with billions of western aid, have perpetuated Palestinian misery for 65 years and coached each generation of Palestinians to believe they have a right to return to their ancestors homes or to die trying.
One feeds on the other I guess

roc_

Difficult to know which is worse for Palestinians - Hamas or UNRWA
Hamas are utterly corrupt and steal billions of aid and tax revenue for themselves. They incite Israel into attacking Gaza and use their own people as human sheilds.
UNRWA, with billions of western aid, have perpetuated Palestinian misery for 65 years and coached each generation of Palestinians to believe they have a right to return to their ancestors homes or to die trying.
One feeds on the other I guess
Spot on. I was about to post the same.

What does it do to a people to be living off UNRWA handouts for so many years?

If they weren't lounging in UNRWA camps but rather were working, trading, building, speculating, manufacturing... would we still have so much rising Islamofascism there, and might the Palestinians have set aside their fantasies of revenge and massacre, and concentrated on building up something worth having, rather than making suicide runs, smuggling in rockets, building attack tunnels, disseminating propaganda...

UNRWA has surely been part of the problem. If you go to the UNRWA website, you can see how proud they are of having fed, clothed, sheltered, educated and cared for the Palestinian refugees of 1948… and their children… and their grandchildren. The number of people UNRWA cares for has gone from 600,000 in 1948 to nearly four million today.

While I understand that the prime impulse of bureaucracies, especially welfare bureaucracies, is the consolidation and expansion of their turf, and a steady increase in the number of their “clients”, this is ridiculous.

That said, everywhere you look around the Arab world you see squalor, despotism, cruelty, and hopelessness. Latin-American style one-party kleptocracies, and a norm of gangsterism, with thugs in charge.

former wesleyan

Given the make-up of the UN UNRWA are here to stay. My problem with them is the fact that they take up such a disproportionate amount of funding, leaving UNHCR to cover the rest of the world.

Kommunist

I wish Israel paid me to post propaganda too, could do with a new jacket and shoes.

yanshuf

I wish Israel paid me to post propaganda too, could do with a new jacket and shoes.
You can always establish a pro-palestinazi organisation, there are plenty of EU donations to such "peace" organisations.

You will suddenly find yourself rich and surrounded by friends.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies