The Vice Presidential Debate: Tim Kaine Vs. Mike Pence

USER1234

Tim Kaine and Mike Pence square off in St. Louis tonight in the only vice presidential debate. The candidates are due to take the stage at 2AM (Irish time) and embedded below is the pre-debate coverage from CNN

[video=youtube;DC--ftWn1DY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC--ftWn1DY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

USER1234

Im looking forward to it, i hope Tim Kaine kicks Mike Pence's Ass!!

He has plenty of ammo with Pence's anti gay antics!

Last edited:

Betson

It must be the first time that both running mates are more popular that the nominee's.

A lot of people from both parties would not mind seeing either these on top of the ticket rather than the person they have.

Don't think want happens tonight will make any difference but should be interesting all the same.

The most interesting aspect will be seeing how each defends the standpoint of the person on the top of the ticket in things they may not be in full agreement on.

Pence has a load of things that he will be uncomfortable trying to defend.

Kaine has a few as well but not nearly as much as Pence.

SuirView

Im looking forward to it, i hope Tim Kaine kicks Mike Pence's Ass!!

He has plenty of ammo with Pence's anti gay antics!
If true,
Poor "stanley" will have an interest in this debate!
Join the dots folks!

USER1234

D

Deleted member 48908

The Mick Lowry angle....because the Veep debate has a yuge Mick Lowry angle inside in suirview's head....because every-plucking-thing in suirview's head is down to Mick Lowry.

Sun comes up; Mick Lowry
Sun goes down; Mick Lowry
Rain; Mick Lowry
Sunshine; Mick Lowry

It's tiresome, but it's how he is. No other worldview whatsoever. Once you figure it out, you learn to just ignore the poor obsessive plucker.

livingstone

Extremely unlikely to make much difference - but a decent performance by Pence might allow the Trump campaign to reset itself somewhat.

I don't think there's ever been a VP debate that made a difference - though the VP debate in 88 gave the single most memorable line from a Presidential debate ever ("you're no Jack Kennedy"), and the single most pathetic response ("that was really uncalled for, Senator").

Betson

Van Jones on CNN is a right lad , earlier going on about how tonight will remind people of a better America before Trump came on the scene. As far as he is concerned everything was milk and honey pre Trump.

Also interesting that Trump plans to tweet throughout the debate and insiders have said that members of his campaign will be with him to chaperone him while he tweets.

I assume the fear is that if Trump does not see people talking about him for more than 5 secs he could start tweeting anything just to get the attention.

Fallacy Police

Van Jones on CNN is a right lad , earlier going on about how tonight will remind people of a better America before Trump came on the scene. As far as he is concerned everything was milk and honey pre Trump.

Also interesting that Trump plans to tweet throughout the debate and insiders have said that members of his campaign will be with him to chaperone him while he tweets.

I assume the fear is that if Trump does not see people talking about him for more than 5 secs he could start tweeting anything just to get the attention.
I actually like Van Jones. For an MSNBC contributor from the NAACP he's surprisingly human and quite honest most of the time. Not a big time spin artist.

Dame_Enda

The CBS woman doing the moderation is much fairer than Lester Holt was in my opinion. The question of Hillary's emails and the Clinton Foundation for example.

Betson

I actually like Van Jones. For an MSNBC contributor from the NAACP he's surprisingly human and quite honest most of the time. Not a big time spin artist.
He really really detests Trump , and it comes out in every statement he makes about this election.

Dame_Enda

Kaine coming across as petulant with his constant Trump style interruptions

Betson

This stuff about Clinton having any real involvement in the killing of Bin Laden is just pure nonsense.

The White House photographer had as about as much say in the planning and decision to take him out as she did that night.

locke

You'd definitely have to wonder why Pence is number 2 on the Republican ticket.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies