The Videogames Thread

Eventualities

Hello all. Generic thread on videogames and related hilarity.

Anyone on here partake in playing videogames, or doing as the kids do nowadays and watching them with commentary?

I would have been a collector of old consoles when you could readily find them in charity shops and pawn shops for under 40 quid with a whack of games for 50c-a 5er each. Not so much nowadays, more's the pity.

Sync

Playing and loving God of War. I don’t think I’m any good at it, but it’s got great graphics and a nice story. Aside from that, Overwatch whenever I can.

Eventualities

Playing and loving God of War. I don’t think I’m any good at it, but it’s got great graphics and a nice story. Aside from that, Overwatch whenever I can.
My brother-in-law made me sit down and play the first hour of it the weekend it came out. It's brilliant, alright, but doesn't half bludgeon the old heartstrings from almost the moment it starts

GDPR

Note to lads if you play computer games as an adult you will repulse women of quality from you.

Dame_Enda

Do computer games count? I enjoy Assassins Creed Unity and the Total War series of games and some modding.

I do have an Xbox360 and a Nintendo Wii too. I enjoy Air Conflicts-Pacific Carriers and Crazy Taxi on Xbox360 but I havent played the Wii for a long time (mostly Mario Kart and Super Mario Galaxy). Microsoft has recently been sending me free old games under Microsoft Rewards and thats how I started on ACPC.

Last edited:

silverharp

junior dug out his wii and we started playing mario cart , its great fun

Mercurial

I just picked up Total War Sagas: Thrones of Britannia.

I'm a big fan of the Total War series in general, having played all of the main releases since Medieval 1. This one runs on (a supposedly optimised) version of the Atilla/Rome 2 engine, which I really hate, but I can't resist the chance to play as an Irish faction (you can play as Gaelic Irish Meath or Viking Dublin, iirc).

Catalpast

I just picked up Total War Sagas: Thrones of Britannia.

I'm a big fan of the Total War series in general, having played all of the main releases since Medieval 1. This one runs on (a supposedly optimised) version of the Atilla/Rome 2 engine, which I really hate, but I can't resist the chance to play as an Irish faction (you can play as Gaelic Irish Meath or Viking Dublin, iirc).
You might like this upcoming one from Matrix so:

Slitherine announces Aggressors: Ancient Rome - the new turn-based 4X strategy game that brings you back to the ancient world.

Matrix Games - Aggressors: Ancient Rome is announced!!

Mercurial

I should also point out, you can play as a bunch of different Irish factions in Crusader Kings II, but those games don't have much of a battle system.

It's still fun trying to unite all of Ireland though.

kimari

Twitter
dont like it
Hello all. Generic thread on videogames and related hilarity.

Anyone on here partake in playing videogames, or doing as the kids do nowadays and watching them with commentary?

I would have been a collector of old consoles when you could readily find them in charity shops and pawn shops for under 40 quid with a whack of games for 50c-a 5er each. Not so much nowadays, more's the pity.
sadly neglected was the dreamcast i remember being amazed playing shenmue on it it was way ahead of its time the dreamcast that is but so was shenmue

Nemesiscorporation

Later this year will be picking up a PS4 and VR unit so will be buying Beat Saber and Star Wars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1sw4lfwFw

Am waiting for the x399 motherboards to come out, then building a new PC, most as a SDK platform, but will occassionally play something on it.

jmcc

Tried Call Of Duty WW2. Quite brutal in places. Excellent graphics though.

The Rahenyite

In my life I've experienced in my household the Sega Mega Drive, Playstations 1,2 and 3 and the Nintendo Gamecube, the latter I only had for a year but no one else had it in the early 2000s and it was hard to rent games as it wasn't as popular as the PS2.

Around 2011-2013 I grew out of games. Just didn't have the time for them anymore, gave away all my games including my Rockband set to my brother and his children. I still have some FIFAs lying around as they're worthless, FIFA 2002, FIFA 2003, FIFA 2010 and FIFA 2013. When they changed the penalty system in FIFA 2013 it put me off that game series. I was always a bit meh with Pro Evolution.

JoanBRUTAL

Nintendo have a new tiny sized console out , had a go of a knock off version the coolbaby , has all the Marios which are pretty cool , brought back memories , 600 games most are really crap which also brought back memories , judged against the PS4 and Xbox one they are really dated though , games have come a long way since the Atari and the Spectrum 48

artfoley56

I'm playing pubg at the mo on mobile, fantastic graphics.

I miss my xbox

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies