The Week in Politics back tonight

DCon

Could be an interesting one.

The politicians have been busy over their extended summer holiday.

We have had Dempsey doing a good JOD impression with the jet, Cowen trying to honour the late Alex Higgins (RIP) with a few good sessions, FF Senior Ministers fibbing about hoarse throats and sinuses and tiredness.

Not to mention Grealish and Mattie saying "save money by all means but not in my back yard", and Lenihan beating his improving economy drum, while the figures and the bond markets, and especially the ever increasing unemployed, suggest otherwise.

tullahogue

Forgive my ignorance, but how many TDs would need to pull away from the Fianna Fail fold for an election to be imminent?

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
There is a God. :) BTW European Parliament Report back too at 0.50. Very important given where 80% of our legislation comes from.

Eire Nua

Brilliant, pity 'week in politics' is on so late... i will stay up to see it anyway......
I think political tv programmes should be on earlier in the evening as younger people may become more engaged and have an input/interest in the political system...and make good choices when they get to the ballot box...

spidermom

Glad to see TWIP back...but means the summer is officially over now...:(

Cassandra Syndrome

Brilliant, pity 'week in politics' is on so late... i will stay up to see it anyway......
I think political tv programmes should be on earlier in the evening as younger people may become more engaged and have an input/interest in the political system...and make good choices when they get to the ballot box...
Dear oh dear the young people of today. Back when I was that age we weren't staying in watching political programs, we were out drinking and taking drugs and having lots of sex....

spidermom

DCon

Yes Smith can!!

FF hopeful

dent

Is **** Roche's head bigger than his body ?

goatstoe

Varadker attacking Labour, nothing new about that he's been doing that for a long time. Leo says people in FG were offended by Eamon Gilmore and others in Labour suggesting FG and FF are more or less the same. Offended ha, get used it Leo, everyone knows FF/FG are to all intents and purposes more or less the same. Gilmore was just talking facts there, I guess the truth hurts Leo:cry:. As well as that Leo (the offended one) is constantly trying to tell us that everyone in FG is full square behind Enda now, yeah right pull the other one Leo.

Last edited:

Trampas

Is **** Roche's head bigger than his body ?
Letting Roche off the leash is surely a sign of desperation..........or perhaps they needed an FF TD in a safe seat and Dick was all they had.....

spidermom

juanpablo

Mattie can deny that he's a gombeen all he wants, but trying to make out that Clonmel is too far away from Waterford or Cork for his constituents is taking the biscuit. he's having a laugh, you ever hear of the M8 Mattie?

MPB

Varadker attacking Labour, nothing new about that he's been doing that for a long time. Leo says people in FG were offended by Eamon Gilmore and others in Labour suggesting FG and FF are more or less the same. Offended ha, get used it Leo, everyone knows FF/FG are to all intents an purposes more or less the same. Gilmore was just talking facts there, I guess the truth hurts Leo:cry:. As well as that Leo (the offended one) is constantly trying to tell us that everyone in FG is full square behind Enda now, yeah right pull the other one Leo.
Produce the policies of all parties in your next post and then let us all compare.

That way we will all know that you know the difference.

Baron von Biffo

Mattie can deny that he's a gombeen all he wants, but trying to make out that Clonmel is too far away from Waterford or Cork for his constituents is taking the biscuit. he's having a laugh, you ever hear of the M8 Mattie?
If it was proposed to close St James hospital and transfer services to Tallaght we'd have uproar from Dublin TDs yet it wouldn't have the same potential to cost lives as the closure of a provincial hospital has.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies