The Women's Marches legitimate or hypocrisy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian_Wainer

The Women's Marches appear to me to be an exercise in hypocrisy. For a start a senior official in the US Washington March MS Linda Sarsour supports Sharia Law. Really I can not figure out how e.g. throwing gay people off high buildings fits with liberal values. Then there is Trump being described as a Nazi, a Fascist but apparent Obama wasn't being a Fascist when the US was supporting al Qaeda in Syria, the same organization which crashed planes in to the World Trade Center in New York on September 11 2001 murdering Irish women and children.

"LINDA SARSOUR

Linda Sarsour is an award-winning, Brooklyn-born Palestinian-American-Muslim racial justice and civil rights activist, community organizer, social media maverick, and mother of three. Linda has been at the forefront of major social justice campaigns both locally in New York City and nationally. She led the successful, progressive coalition to close New York public schools for the observance of two of Islam's most important holy days, Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. In 2015, Linda was one of three women co-chairs of the March2Justice, an effort advised and chaired by legendary artist and activist Belafonte, leading almost 100 marchers through 5 states and 250 miles from Staten Island, NY to Washington, DC. Linda was invited to deliver an address before 700,000 people at the 20th Anniversary of the Million Man March, and gained international media coverage. Linda is the Executive Director of the Arab American Association of New York, co-founder of Muslims for Ferguson, and a member of Justice League NYC. She is most notably recognized for her focus on intersectional movement building.",.
https://www.womensmarch.com/team/

"@LaRebelleFleur shariah law is reasonable and once u read into the details it makes a lot of sense. People just know the basics",.
Linda Sarsour
https://twitter.com/lsarsour/status/116922589967949824

"Mr Trump told the Wall Street Journal he would not continue the Obama administration’s policy of backing “moderate” armed Syrian groups fighting Damascus. “I’ve had the opposite view of many people regarding Syria. My attitude [is] you’re fighting Syria, Syria is fighting Isis, and you have to get rid of Isis.” He pointed out that Russia and Iran are aligned with Syria while the US is “backing rebels against Syria”, and, as he put it, “ . . . we have no idea who these people are,” referring to mostly jihadi groups receiving training, arms and equipment from the US.",.
Obama changes tack with clampdown on Nusra in Syria

“This march can at least give us a sense that we are doing something in the face of very dangerous political change“ - Senator Ivana Bacik",.
Labour Dublin Central retweet.
https://twitter.com/LabourDublinCen/status/822880863822217216

Last edited:

SideysGhost

You Trumpets are all utter loons. I've been seeing this insinuation that the women's marches - millions of women, all over the world - were some sort of sinister Islamic plot all over the internet today.

Headcases the lot of ye.

Adrian_Wainer

You Trumpets are all utter loons. I've been seeing this insinuation that the women's marches - millions of women, all over the world - were some sort of sinister Islamic plot all over the internet today.

Headcases the lot of ye.
The vast majority of the women attending the Washington March probably have never even heard of Linda Sarsour. When people act as useful idiots they do not realize that they are being taken for a ride.

StarryPlough01

Your thread will probably be merged with the one below by anti abortion nurse Ger12, who hasn't read the International Council of Nurses' booklet - The ICN Code of Ethics for Nurses.

Nurses are meant to actively campaign against torture, executions … as being inhumane, for example, if you are a nurse in Burma. They are meant to help victims of torture, recovering from torture, etc. You are NOT meant to condone the torture of, say, Ms Y Case in Ireland.

http://www.politics.ie/forum/events/254032-womens-march-2017-a-2.html

Oooops, can see my error in title (ICN) there, will have to go in and edit that.

SideysGhost

Besides being insane, it's also profoundly dangerous as you are actively seeking to demonise, discourage and eventually ban perfectly legitimate, democratic, peaceful protest and dissent against your overgrown orange-Wotsit man-toddler.

Sad little reactionary wannabe-big-lad losers terrified of...well everything really, democracy, free speech, choice, thinking, women, non-white people, white people if they are foreigners, non-Christians, gays, education, science, facts, people reading books, the arts, technology....do any of you nutters seriously believe you have any chance of turning the clock back to the 14th century?

SideysGhost

When people act as useful idiots they do not realize that they are being taken for a ride.
You actually have no idea how hilariously ironic it is to watch a Trumpet say something like that.

The projection is strong with this one :lol:

StarryPlough01

Besides being insane, it's also profoundly dangerous as you are actively seeking to demonise, discourage and eventually ban perfectly legitimate, democratic, peaceful protest and dissent against your overgrown orange-Wotsit man-toddler.

Sad little reactionary wannabe-big-lad losers terrified of...well everything really, democracy, free speech, choice, thinking, women, non-white people, white people if they are foreigners, non-Christians, gays, education, science, facts, people reading books, the arts, technology....do any of you nutters seriously believe you have any chance of turning the clock back to the 14th century?
Sounds like one of our mods on this website.

derryman

You actually have no idea how hilariously ironic it is to watch a Trumpet say something like that.

The projection is strong with this one :lol:

The way I see it is. Trump is not the cause of the fractured society , whose anger and disillusion bore this fool to office. The policies , the corruption , the blatant discrimination , injustice and downright criminality that paved a way for Trump were all present and nurtured for the last several presidencys. Where were all these good people protesting then. Trump did not break society those before him did and it was just fine because the right kind of people were benefitting. So in the words of the old and the wise " hell, rub it up them".

derryman

I would also point out I don't support Trump, I just see him as a less polished , less devious less endearing and hopefully less dangerous, corrupt self serving puppet than those immediately before him and certainly less so than the alternative.

The_SR

There is nothing in any of the links to suggest Sarsour is a supporter of sharia or whatever you interpret it as. So the isdue is she is muslim. If these are the orders from the embassy...

Congalltee

Make question marks end questionable sentences again?

I'm voting for legitimate.

I was expecting this thread to be a whataboutery thread about where was the solidarity for the women of various third world countries, who are denied education and health (including reproductive rights), but a full I didn't expect a full on islamophobic rant with gratiuitius pictures of murders.

Adrian_Wainer

Make question marks end questionable sentences again?

I'm voting for legitimate.

I was expecting this thread to be a whataboutery thread about where was the solidarity for the women of various third world countries, who are denied education and health (including reproductive rights), but a full I didn't expect a full on islamophobic rant with gratiuitius pictures of murders.
Where have I displayed an irrational fear of Islam?

The_SR

Where have I displayed an irrational fear of Islam?
Where you link a community activist in ny to isis. It's from team same intellectual cess pool as memes of the rothchilds owning central banks

Adrian_Wainer

If I thought the marches should be banned I would have said so. The folks who want the clock turned back are the Islamists and not to the 14th century but to the 7th century.

Adrian_Wainer

Where you link a community activist in ny to isis. It's from team same intellectual cess pool as memes of the rothchilds owning central banks
Ms Sarsour is supporting Sharia law and ISIL are killing people claiming the people they are killing are homosexual. Under Sharia law the death penalty is mandatory where males have had consensual same sex sexual sexual intercourse. I did not claim and am not claiming she is an ISIL supporter. Sharia law has a structure and context one can not just pick what bits of it one likes and discard the rest.

SideysGhost

If I thought the marches should be banned I would have said so. The folks who want the clock turned back are the Islamists and not to the 14th century but to the 7th century.
Yer a one-trick-pony obsessive lunatic raving away about the Evil Scary Muslims in every fecking post (when yer not whinging about uppity wimmin and nassty trickssy foreigners).

You fail at being human and are obviously an odiously hate-filled little Trumpet so I'll just ignore your bitter little rants from now on. Eejit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies