The world view of the top Iranian leaders and nuclear war

hopi watcher

"Sexual repression in Muslim countries and India"

This is the title of another thread posted by PatS. Aside from the psychedelics, I rest my case.

patslatt

hopi watcher said:
"Sexual repression in Muslim countries and India"

This is the title of another thread posted by PatS. Aside from the psychedelics, I rest my case.
When Irish people come into contact with immigrants from these countries,they should be aware of their customs. For example,an Indian Hindu woman told me that she found it difficult to mix socially with Muslims in her part of India because of restrictions placed on the movement of Muslim women by the male members of their families.

roc_

Iran wants to become a dominant geo-political player in the Middle East and nuclear weapons brings them a step closer. Right now they are having an influence just by talking about nukes. They are making more noise about Israel's possible attack today: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rts/20080610/t ... 346ad.html However given their talk of wanting oil to rise to $150, this may just be a gambit to get oil prices to rise.

The geo-politcal machinisations, imo, are the most interesting aspect. France nutured the Ahyatollas (spelling?) and sent them back to revolutionise Iran. It's worked. However, I wonder how much influence they have on or with Iran at the moment. Does anyone know who, if anyone, is giving technical assistence to Iran's nuclear project? Russia will also have influence within the region. On the other side of the equation, you have Saudi-Arabia and the US's influence on them - not to mention Iraq.

Anyway, Iran is sitting pretty at the moment. We have reached or are reaching peak oil supply production. While their abundance of oil couldn't unduly sway world political-economic dynamics, the tighter supply of oil may give them more leverage then they'd ever imagined, especially in conjunction with their run towards nuclear power status. On the surface, it would seem there will be a new and more divisive world player on the stage if you believe that Iran's agenda isn't solely dictated by self-interest but by other intentions.
In football too!

[video=youtube;1NvNJ_Uqjc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvNJ_Uqjc8[/video]

New Threads

Most Replies