• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

The 'Yellow Flag' Programme - a Noble idea - or the brainwashing of kids?

Catalpast

I recently noted the appearance of one of these things outside a school in Blanchardstown Dublin 15

It claims to promote Diversity & 'Interculturalism' (whatever that means!)

The Yellow Flag Programme is a fantastic initiative which seeks to bring the issues of interculturalism, equality and diversity into the whole-school programme and allows schools to apply them to the day to day running of the school. Moreover, Yellow Flag also promotes the idea of parents and the community working in conjunction with students and educators in order to ensure that the benefits of the programme are not just confined to the classroom.

Aodhan O'Riordan Labour Party TD

Steps of the Yellow Flag Programme

Now while I have no time for any kid being bullied or discriminated in or out of school because of their background

- but I do have a problem with the political indoctrination of young Irish children into thinking that the Irish are just another 'identity' amongst many in their own Country

After all if a Black child from Africa is encouraged to take Pride in being Black and African

- then surely a White child from Ireland should be encouraged to take Pride in being White and Irish?

I seriously think BTW that the 2nd of these will never ever happen under this 'Programme'

Surely a better approach would be to have a good Anti Bullying oversight in a school

- to ensure kids don't get picked on or left out of school activities because of who they are

- and encourage each pupil to have Respect for themselves

- and for their fellow classmates and Teachers

- IMO its best to leave Politics and Cultural Indoctrination at the School Door!

petaljam

I recently noted the appearance of one of these things outside a school in Blanchardstown Dublin 15

The Yellow Flag Programme is a fantastic initiative which seeks to bring the issues of interculturalism, equality and diversity into the whole-school programme and allows schools to apply them to the day to day running of the school. Moreover, Yellow Flag also promotes the idea of parents and the community working in conjunction with students and educators in order to ensure that the benefits of the programme are not just confined to the classroom.

Now while I have no time for any kid being bullied or discriminated in or out of school because of their background

- but I do have a problem with the political indoctrination of young Irish children into thinking that the Irish are just another 'identity' amongst many in their own Country

After all if a Black child from Africa is encouraged to take Pride in being Black and African

- then surely a White child from Ireland should be encouraged to take Pride in being White and Irish?

I seriously think BTW that the 2nd of these will never ever happen under this 'Programme'

Surely a better approach would be to have a good Anti Bullying oversight in a school

- to ensure kids don't get picked on or left out of school activities because of who they are

- IMO its best to leave Politics and Cultural Indoctrination at the School Door!
Well you're a secularist then, Catalpast. I had no idea!

I fully agree btw - no religious proselytism or political activism should be allowed in state-funded schools.

Catalpast

well you're a secularist then, I had no idea!

I fully agree btw - no religious proselytism or political activism should be allowed in state-funded schools.
I don't have any problem with that

- if that is what the parents of children want

- then choice should be available (if possible)

BTW I may point out its not just the kids who are to be indoctrinated:

Intercultural and Anti-Racism Training for Staff and Management
The initial step for a “diverse school” is for staff and management to undergo Anti-Racism and Intercultural Awareness training in order to be equipped with new skills and to be provided with a suitable environment to discuss issues that may arise over the course of the Yellow Flag Programme.

Sexual Harassment Panda

Yep this is indoctrination and shouldn't be a allowed. Just as we wouldn't want an Imam in the school preaching that children should kill the jews, we shouldn't let these degenerates in confusing children with this 'diversity' nonsense.

In America some schools are teaching young white children that they are all racist and have to unlearn their racism. It's deeply dangerous to let these sycophants anywhere near children.

Analyzer

Amadan O'Riordan is involved ?

Dame_Enda

He isn't even a TD anymore.

I think tolerance classes would be better. Obsessing about "diversity" instead of equality or tolerance contributes to Balkanisation with potentially awful consequences like in the UK, France etc.

Last edited:

Extra

Amadan O'Riordan is involved ?
I wonder how many Syrian's he put up at this place? Oh that's right they should only be living in Finglas and Tallaght.

Sexual Harassment Panda

He isn't even a TD anymore.

I think tolerance classes would be better. Obsessing about "diversity" instead of equality or tolerance contributes to Balkanisation with potentially awful consequences like in the UK, France etc.
Except "tolerance" has also held the caveat of being intolerant to "intolerance" which in practice means intolerance toward ideas and opinions we disagree with.

Much better to teach children to treat others with the respect they would wish for themselves. It covers all the bases imo.

Polybius

I'm against teaching children anything that is objectively false e.g. that Islam is a religion of peace, that men can change into women and vice versa, and that multiculturalism is superior to integration.

Clanrickard

stakerwallace

An Ethics course in primary school would have to address issues such as tolerance, fairness, equality, acceptance of others' viewpoints and the wide diversity of perspectives within humanity. I believe such a course is being prepared by the NCCA

owedtojoy

What's not to like about children learning to respect each other's race and culture?

It's called "parity of esteem", you know, what Northern Ireland lacked for so many years.

The "indoctrination" allegations are purely ignorant bluster from people who refuse to concede parity of esteem to diverse cultures and languages.

Polybius

What's not to like about children learning to respect each other's race and culture?

It's called "parity of esteem", you know, what Northern Ireland lacked for so many years.

The "indoctrination" allegations are purely ignorant bluster from people who refuse to concede parity of esteem to diverse cultures and languages.
People aren't falling for this BS anymore. It's obvious that these "diversity" quangos are not about inclusion or respect. They are about far left politicians, activists, and academics trying to force political correctness and cultural Marxism upon children. Cultural Marxists like Aodhan don't believe in tolerance and respect for people with different opinions to his own. Aodhan is on record as saying Catholics need to be purged from the public sector, that rural people are all homophobes, and that people who don't like mass immigration should be reported to the guards.

The cultural Marxists believe in the Gramscian concept of hegemony rather than the Leninist concept of workers' insurrection. That is why the cultural Marxists want to seize the universities and schools rather than the factories and power plants. The likes of Gramsci and the Hungarian communist György Lukács realised that culture was the most effective battleground and their Cultural Marxist followers set out to brainwash children and students. The cultural Marxists attempted their revolution on the streets in 1968 but were defeated by the ordinary decent people. Since then the Cultural Marxists have been working away in the shadows and have successfully seized control of many Western universities. Now they are coming for the school children. The likes of Aodhan is sending extreme feminists and LGBTQ activists into catholic schools to spread their propaganda. The INTO have sent instructions to all their teachers to promote transgenderism. Unlike in 1968, western families, communities, and churches are not strong enough to defeat another attempted coup. The next time the cultural Marxists take to the streets, they will win, and we will all be forced at gunpoint to declare that Caitlyn Jenner is a woman and always has been a woman.

Last edited:

Calculusmadeeasy

What on earth is "parity of esteem"?

Clanrickard

Because some cultures are superior to others. Western culture is superior to say Afghan culture. That is why they are coming to the West to live and not the other way around. Furthermore the old adage "my roof my rulers" apply. We have a distinct culture here and if you come here you salute the flag and sing the anthem.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies