There are no "Human Races", only one, and "Race" is a social construction ...

owedtojoy

Richard Spencer, a white nationalist supporter of Donald Trump, wants to ride the Trump train to power. Deportation of blacks is his goal. People like him radicalised Dylann Roof, the Charleston mass-murderer.

Spencer says: "Race is something between a breed and an actual species,", likening the differences between whites and people of color to those between golden retrievers and basset hounds. "It's that powerful."

This is pseudo-scientific rubbish. The diagram below shows the various primate species that are related to the human race in our DNA. The "distance" is measured along the branches, not by proximity.

So the nearest primate species to us is the Bonobo or pygmy chimp, with the Chimpanzees the next closest, then the Gorillas, then the Orang-Utan. The numbers refer to the % confidence in the result.

Unrooted phylogram of mitochondrial DNA sequences.
Gagneux P1, Wills C, Gerloff U, Tautz D, Morin PA, Boesch C, Fruth B, Hohmann G, Ryder OA, Woodruff DS. (1999) Mitochondrial sequences show diverse evolutionary histories of African hominoids. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96(9):5077-82.

The main point is that the human race consists of a small, tight bush, with little genetic diversity, quite unlike the broad variation of chimps and gorillas. There are no grounds for defining human-subspecies as we all share some 99.9% of out DNA. Yet, somehow that 0.1% is often spoken about as if it was of overriding importance.

There were human subspecies, different from Homo Sapiens, like Homo Neanderthalensis, Homo Habilis, Homo Erectus, Homo Floresiensis (the Hobbit) and before them the Austropithecines like Australopithecus Africanus.

One theory that may explain that is that our richly diverse relatives all died out during a climate change that happened during one of the Ice Ages, and only one population survived to become out ancestors.

However, discussion of race is still dominated by 19th century colonial and imperialist mind-sets that pigeon-hole "races" by superficial traits like skin colour.

The Evolutionary Biologist PZ Myers had written a lot about this, and PBS have a documentary I have not watched myself yet.

A scientific visualization of the importance of race

[video=youtube;VnfKgffCZ7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnfKgffCZ7U[/video]
[video=youtube;Y8MS6zubIaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8MS6zubIaQ[/video]

DNA survey finds all humans are 99.9pc the same - Telegraph

Sotired

If Whitey hadn't invaded Africa, they would have invented everything.

GDPR

I'm no fan of Richard Spencer however he doesn't want to deport African-Americans; he wants them to have their ethno-state on American soil which is something a lot of Blacks desire as well.

bokuden

Richard Spencer, a white nationalist supporter of Donald Trump, wants to ride the Trump train to power. Deportation of blacks is his goal. People like him radicalised Dylann Roof, the Charleston mass-murderer.

Spencer says: "Race is something between a breed and an actual species,", likening the differences between whites and people of color to those between golden retrievers and basset hounds. "It's that powerful."

This is pseudo-scientific rubbish. The diagram below shows the various primate species that are related to the human race in our DNA. The "distance" is measured along the branches, not by proximity.

So the nearest primate species to us is the Bonobo or pygmy chimp, with the Chimpanzees the next closest, then the Gorillas, then the Orang-Utan. The numbers refer to the % confidence in the result.

Unrooted phylogram of mitochondrial DNA sequences.
Gagneux P1, Wills C, Gerloff U, Tautz D, Morin PA, Boesch C, Fruth B, Hohmann G, Ryder OA, Woodruff DS. (1999) Mitochondrial sequences show diverse evolutionary histories of African hominoids. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 96(9):5077-82.

The main point is that the human race consists of a small, tight bush, with little genetic diversity, quite unlike the broad variation of chimps and gorillas. There are no grounds for defining human-subspecies as we all share some 99.9% of out DNA. Yet, somehow that 0.1% is often spoken about as if it was of overriding importance.

There were human subspecies, different from Homo Sapiens, like Homo Neanderthalensis, Homo Habilis, Homo Erectus, Homo Floresiensis (the Hobbit) and before them the Austropithecines like Australopithecus Africanus.

One theory that may explain that is that our richly diverse relatives all died out during a climate change that happened during one of the Ice Ages, and only one population survived to become out ancestors.

However, discussion of race is still dominated by 19th century colonial and imperialist mind-sets that pigeon-hole "races" by superficial traits like skin colour.

The Evolutionary Biologist PZ Myers had written a lot about this, and PBS have a documentary I have not watched myself yet.

A scientific visualization of the importance of race

[video=youtube;VnfKgffCZ7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnfKgffCZ7U[/video]
[video=youtube;Y8MS6zubIaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8MS6zubIaQ[/video]

DNA survey finds all humans are 99.9pc the same - Telegraph
Indeed. Gender is on fairly dicey ideological ground as well.

GDPR

Humans also share 99% of their DNA with chimpanzees and bonobos.

Genetics | The Smithsonian Institution's Human Origins Program

Hard to know what to conclude, but there is a strong case for greater legal protection for other species.
In my view all animals and plant life etc are infinitely more important and deserving than human beings. I am also fonder of certain rock formations than many posters on here. I would rate Uluru in Australia as worthier of preservation than the vapid emissions on Pie.

But as regards OP, of course there is only one human species - the human species. Race rubbish is like class rubbish. Its totally socially constructed.

Frankly, what disturbs me is that I am surrounded by humans and talking to them.

OrderoftheDragon

It is never about race, it is always about resources..........simple as.

When people say they don't want Nigerians in the country it is because the majority of them have never worked and are a burden on the state, a resources issue.

If it was white Russians the same would apply.

It is the globalists and mass immigrationists who create the racism issue.

Notachipanoaktree

In my view all animals and plant life etc are infinitely more important and deserving than human beings. I am also fonder of certain rock formations than many posters on here. I would rate Uluru in Australia as worthier of preservation than the vapid emissions on Pie.

But as regards OP, of course there is only one human species - the human species. Race rubbish is like class rubbish. Its totally socially constructed.

Frankly, what disturbs me is that I am surrounded by humans and talking to them.

[

bokuden

Had to lookup bonobos.

You learn something new every day.

Thanks.
Bonobos are lovely creatures. Very gentle and sociable.

bokuden

This should bring a lot of posters out of 'retirement'.
I think it's a great idea. Corral all the racists and then ban 'em.

razorblade

Culture and religion is far more of an issue than race is, and why multiculturalism has failed everywhere its been enacted.

Notachipanoaktree

I think it's a great idea. Corral all the racists and then ban 'em.
I cannot imagine either symbolically or in fact anything more racist or classist than to import hundreds of thousands of unskilled workers into ones country for the purpose of working as cheap labour.

So lets do that. Will you hand yourself in for binning.

bokuden

I cannot imagine either symbolically or in fact anything more racist or classist than to import hundreds of thousands of unskilled workers into ones country for the purpose of working as cheap labour.

So lets do that. Will you hand yourself in for binning.

WTF are you on about?

Volatire

Culture and religion is far more of an issue than race is, and why multiculturalism has failed everywhere its been enacted.
Have to agree. It's software, not the hardware, that matters.

As a male, I may be 99.9% genetically similar to Pol Pot. Thankfully I share 0% of Pol Pot's sicko leftie "principles".

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies