There's something About Mary...

Baron von Biffo

Half Nelson

Is there anything that speaks of inadequacy so much as the leader of a political party suing a rival through the libel courts?
I thought ML was smarter than that. Has she learned nothing from "he who must not be named"? That's a few less panels she'll be invited on to.
DIY Section 31.

Glenshane4

The awful woman only got her promotion in the Shinners because she did not come with "war baggage" and was from a bourgeois Dublin background, the fact that she in the end attained leadership just shows how decadent that Shinners have become.
No, they are not decadent - just downright silly and possibly stupid. They should have known better. How could any middle-class female Stater have any appeal to the oppressed Catholic people of Northern Ireland?

Ardillaun

Doherty's ranting and raving certainly appeals to the party faithful but who outside SF would see him as Tanaiste material?
I must admit I’ve been fairly impressed with him. Admittedly, he is a bit grim and Nordie-esque for a leader down south but he has performed well in the Dáil, esp. regarding the banking crisis and its aftermath.

Baron von Biffo

I must admit I’ve been fairly impressed with him. Admittedly, he is a bit grim and Nordie-esque for a leader down south but he has performed well in the Dáil, esp. regarding the banking crisis and its aftermath.
He's very erratic I think. On a good day he can be reasonably effective but all too often he's happy to be a shouting and roaring populist.

Mickeymac

Is there anything that speaks of inadequacy so much as the leader of a political party suing a rival through the libel courts?
Buff,
Their will be no "inadequacy" regarding damages pay out if Mary Lou wins.😂

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie

You'd just stand back and let anyone spout whatever lies they want about you, would you?

She's dead right to sue. And if she wins, to see him hammered for as much as she can get from him. Might put manners on the next one contemplating telling lies

Mickeymac

You'd just stand back and let anyone spout whatever lies they want about you, would you?

She's dead right to sue. And if she wins, to see him hammered for as much as she can get from him. Might put manners on the next one contemplating telling lies

Only if it concerns lies about SF sir, glad to see her going to court and getting just reward for being subjected to such character assassination.

The previous leader Gerry Adams could have cleaned people out if he was to have taken such AH'S to court in the past because of their printed untruths.

Baron von Biffo

If I was the leader of a political party dealing with something a rival politician said about me I'd handle it as a politician rather than scuttling off to the courts.

There's too much we can't speak about in this country because powerful people are willing to use the courts to silence debate.

For a senior politician, one who aspires to be Tanaiste, to sue like this, even if she believes that she's been libelled, is something I find extremely distasteful. It confirms me in my view that McDonald's political judgement is very poor.

Mickeymac

If I was the leader of a political party dealing with something a rival politician said about me I'd handle it as a politician rather than scuttling off to the courts.

There's too much we can't speak about in this country because powerful people are willing to use the courts to silence debate.

For a senior politician, one who aspires to be Tanaiste, to sue like this, even if she believes that she's been libelled, is something I find extremely distasteful. It confirms me in my view that McDonald's political judgement is very poor.
This good Lady would not listen to your nonsense for one milisec buff...…

200.gif

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie

Such a load of nonsense...

If someone tells lies about me, Ill hurt them any and every way I can, especially where it really hurts.. in their pocket

antidistinctlyminty (ADM)

Maybe they should make this genius leader

A FORMER MMA star turned Dublin councilor was today blasted for “bizarre, embarrassing and insulting” remarks that he made towards Taoiseach Leo Varadkar.

Sinn Fein South Dublin County Councillor Paddy ‘The Hooligan’ Holohan said he wanted “a family man” and someone with that “knows what it’s like to have kids” to be in charge of the country.

He said: “We need people running the country — and not against Leo — but to me, I want a family man running the country.

"Someone that knows what it’s like to have kids, maybe hopefully boys and girls, so when you’re creating the policies and stuff that’s going to go on, that you’re like right, it makes sense.

“I know what it’s like to collect my young fella from school so I know what school time traffic is like, so when I’m making a decision I have experience and bring it to the equation.

“Leo as a person, we talked last week that he had the potential to be one of the greatest leaders ever, but if you pick out people in the country: the man that is a family man that goes to work, looks after his kids, has come up through the system, has experience, maybe is a solicitor as well so has that experience, that’s who should be running the country.

“Someone who knows what the masses of people are going through.”

'NO SHAME'
Speaking on an earlier episode of his No Shame podcast Cllr Holohan said: “It bugs me to death to understand that he leads this country.

“He’s so separated not even from society now but he’s so separated from the history of this country.

“Now listen, I’m for immigration, I’m for bringing people into the country. I love meeting new nations.

“Mostly what you’ll get is people turning up in this country motivated.

“Motivated for a new start, motivated for a new go at it. I love meeting these people.

Leo Varadkar’s blood obviously runs to India. His great-grandfather is not part of the history of this country. Now Leo obviously is.

"He’s an Irish citizen but his passion doesn’t go back to the times when our passion goes back to.

"My stories from my grandfather would have been of ancient Ireland, that would have made my passion and planted the seed and it grew in me where there is no doubt that Leo Varadkar’s grandfather and father would have told him stories of the rebellion in India.”

Frank Miller

A FORMER MMA star turned Dublin councilor was today blasted for “bizarre, embarrassing and insulting” remarks that he made towards Taoiseach Leo Varadkar.

Sinn Fein South Dublin County Councillor Paddy ‘The Hooligan’ Holohan said he wanted “a family man” and someone with that “knows what it’s like to have kids” to be in charge of the country.

He said: “We need people running the country — and not against Leo — but to me, I want a family man running the country.

"Someone that knows what it’s like to have kids, maybe hopefully boys and girls, so when you’re creating the policies and stuff that’s going to go on, that you’re like right, it makes sense.

“I know what it’s like to collect my young fella from school so I know what school time traffic is like, so when I’m making a decision I have experience and bring it to the equation.

“Leo as a person, we talked last week that he had the potential to be one of the greatest leaders ever, but if you pick out people in the country: the man that is a family man that goes to work, looks after his kids, has come up through the system, has experience, maybe is a solicitor as well so has that experience, that’s who should be running the country.

“Someone who knows what the masses of people are going through.”

'NO SHAME'
Speaking on an earlier episode of his No Shame podcast Cllr Holohan said: “It bugs me to death to understand that he leads this country.

“He’s so separated not even from society now but he’s so separated from the history of this country.

“Now listen, I’m for immigration, I’m for bringing people into the country. I love meeting new nations.

“Mostly what you’ll get is people turning up in this country motivated.

“Motivated for a new start, motivated for a new go at it. I love meeting these people.

Leo Varadkar’s blood obviously runs to India. His great-grandfather is not part of the history of this country. Now Leo obviously is.

"He’s an Irish citizen but his passion doesn’t go back to the times when our passion goes back to.

"My stories from my grandfather would have been of ancient Ireland, that would have made my passion and planted the seed and it grew in me where there is no doubt that Leo Varadkar’s grandfather and father would have told him stories of the rebellion in India.”
Good man keep it up. Sinn Fein messed the bye election in Tallaght and let Posh Boy in. Now its happning again

balisong

No doubt, Paddys a lovely lad but if you ever saw an interview with him you'd know he's as thick as two short planks. Makes Dessie Ellise look like Leon Trotsky

Donking

The quality of sinn Fein councillors in Dublin is very poor. Any of the decent ones usually end up leaving when they see what the sinn Fein organisation really is

Popular Threads

Most Replies