Theresa May next PM? Already calls for General Election ..

robut

Theresa May next PM .. ( subtopic: calls for General Election )

Labour Demand Snap Election - Guido Fawkes Guido Fawkes

BREAKING: Labour Demand Snap Election | Full Statement Here >>

https://twitter.com/JohnSpringford/status/752479608931483648

Would be surprised if May didn't call an election. 1. Get larger majority, limit power of EUphobes. 2. Get authority to do Brexit trade-offs
Paul Mason tweet:

https://twitter.com/paulmasonnews/status/752473875125075968

I do not consent to be governed by an unelected PM with no mandate to negotiate Brexit. We need a general election now.
Many other calls also.

So Leadsom is gone .. Jeez, things moving fast.

Looks like Theresa May will be crowned PM sooner than later, even today??

Started this thread because Leadsom is now gone .. this is a Theresa May thread going forward ??? :D

COULD A MOD CHANGE THE TITLE TO:

Theresa May next PM .. ( subtopic: calls for General Election )

Last edited:

wombat

The British system is that parliament elects the PM, its not a presidential system.

sport02

Labour calls for a snap election and then literally announced five minutes later they're having a leadership contest. Labour all over the place. What a mess.

Also the talk is, Cameron will do his final PMQs on Wednesday with Theresa May moving into number 10 the following day.

President Bartlet

Downing Street is in discussions about the timing of David Cameron's departure from Number 10, according to unconfirmed media reports.

freewillie

Let her have her election. Labour are finished without the Scottish MPs.
It would be very interesting up North. Would pro EU unionists move to the UUP including those in the DUP

ger12

Labour can bugger off.

DJP

Website
darrenjprior.blogspot.com
Twitter
https://twitter.com/DarrenJPrior
Theresa May looks normal to me. That's good given that she is going to become the UK Prime Minister and is a Tory and considering the two or three other candidates that were in the race. Phew.

Srsly?

All depends on whether she feels she needs a firmer mandate.

The odd thing is that she wouldn't be standing against an opposition, but trying to get as much cover as possible to have a free hand and as few red lines as possible in any negotiations.

gerhard dengler

Best of luck to Teresa May.

Political events in our nearest neighbour appear to be moving quickly.

ger12

President Bartlet

Theresa May looks normal to me. That's good given that she is going to become the UK Prime Minister and is a Tory and considering the two or three other candidates that were in the race. Phew.
Best of a bad bunch - and it was the worst bunch of candidates they ever put forward - Obsourne up until the Brexit vote thought the gig was his

ger12

Adam Battersby

The last Labour PM came to power without an election (as did 13 of the 22 PMs since 1900), so the Labour hypocrites can bugger off.

And whilst I would have preferred Leadsom, I still know that Brexit is safe in May's hands. She may have been on the Remain camp during the referendum but she was long a eurosceptic before then. Her job security depends on her implementing Brexit well - if she does, she may win a landslide in 2020. If she doesn't, she may get booted out of office in 2020 - and Tory activists and journalists will hold her to account on that.

President Bartlet

The last Labour PM came to power without an election (as did 13 of the 22 PMs since 1900), so the Labour hypocrites can bugger off.

And whilst I would have preferred Leadsom, I still know that Brexit is safe in May's hands. She may have been on the Remain camp during the referendum but she was long a eurosceptic before then. Her job security depends on her implementing Brexit well - if she does, she may win a landslide in 2020. If she doesn't, she may get booted out of office in 2020 - and Tory activists and journalists will hold her to account on that.
Surely there was a better Brexiter candidate for the leadership than Gove, Johnson or Leadsom?

Cdebru

Snap election would surely be a great result for the Lib Dems as the main pro EU party and not in turmoil over leadership like Labour. Those near 50% remain voters will surely be looking for a home.

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
May is a bigoted Little Englander who goes for instinct rather than deliberation...the roles Osborne and Gove might get will be crucial

cyp

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies