• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Theresa May - the worst UK PM of all time

Degeneration X

It is a well known fact that Theresa May has had a disastrous tenure in office so far. By all rights she should have resigned in disgrace after her terrible snap election gambit backfired so miserably. It is no longer a question of if but merely when she will be forced out by the 1922 backbench committee. She hopes to reside in No. 10 until the Brexit deal is finalised in 2019 but I doubt she'll last that long.

The independent is now saying that in addition to polling beneath the Rt. Hon Jeremy Corbyn MP in the satisfaction ratings that she is also has the lowest satisfaction rating ever recorded for a Prime Minister in the month after an election, according to a new poll.

Theresa May poll: Satisfaction rating for Prime Minister 'worst in history' for month after general election | The Independent

So the question now has to be asked is Kim Jong-May the worst British PM ever? She actually makes me nostalgic for the days of Dodgy Dave and Bottler Brown, an achievement in itself.

firefly123

at this point her only function is to be a human shiìt magnet for the Tories. she can then be ditched and take some of the poo with her.

GDPR

She can recover. She should do a turnabout and say that Brexit is cancelled.

GDPR

Has she a mandate to do this you naive idiot?
The referendum was only advisory and the government did not have to follow it. The recent election indicates that the referendum results would be overturned.

If May isn't sure about it, she can have another referendum. The result will be to Remain, now that many of the Leave voters have realised they were conned by lies

eoghanacht

I concur.

troll account

The referendum was only advisory and the government did not have to follow it. The recent election indicates that the referendum results would be overturned.

If May isn't sure about it, she can have another referendum. The result will be to Remain, now that many of the Leave voters have realised they were conned by lies
A second referendum which won't happen would see an even greater majority for leave you don't have a clue what your talking about

livingstone

Eden was even more calamitous. And the whole Brexit clusterf*ck was brought about by the stupid and short-sighted gamble of David Cameron.

May's tenure has been a disaster for her, but theirs was a disaster for everyone.
Though she did make the call to go for a hard Brexit. The Norway option would have been negotiable and deliverable, and create the least uncertainty and problems. Cameron's decisions brought about Brexit. May's decisions are bringing about a particular type of brexit.

Degeneration X

Eden was even more calamitous. And the whole Brexit clusterf*ck was brought about by the stupid and short-sighted gamble of David Cameron.

May's tenure has been a disaster for her, but theirs was a disaster for everyone.
So would you say she was the third worst of the past 60 + years? I'd would say she is worse than Eden anyway, Suez was a farce but Mad Tony's invasion of Iraq had far worse consequences. Cameron at least won an overall majority something May will never achieve.

troll account

It's no longer in the gift of the British to decide the type of Brexit that will be implemented

Betson

She is a PM is name only , worst of all worlds , all the responsibility and very little power.

What is most interesting is the bookies odds on her replacement , Davies is still the favorite but the big mover is Jabob Rees Mogg who has come out of nowhere to be 2nd favorite at 6/1 a long side Hammond. Borris is drifting out by the week after starting off as favorite after the election.

I would love to see Rees Mogg get it , entertainment guaranteed.

Although Tory leadership contests are notorious for proving the bookies way off so chances are it will be none of the above.

Deadlock

She is a PM is name only , worst of all worlds , all the responsibility and very little power.

What is most interesting is the bookies odds on her replacement , Davies is still the favorite but the big mover is Jabob Rees Mogg who has come out of nowhere to be 2nd favorite at 6/1 a long side Hammond. Borris is drifting out by the week after starting off as favorite after the election.

I would love to see Rees Mogg get it , entertainment guaranteed.

Although Tory leadership contests are notorious for proving the bookies way off so chances are it will be none of the above.
As a Roman Catholic, Rees Mogg is barred from becoming PM.

ETA - Heads up to PublicRealm - post 25 below.

Editing my post to say that Rees-Mogg is substantially precluded from the office of PM, as the UK Constitution and Constitutional traditions are currently composed.

Last edited:
So would you say she was the third worst of the past 60 + years? I'd would say she is worse than Eden anyway, Suez was a farce but Mad Tony's invasion of Iraq had far worse consequences. Cameron at least won an overall majority something May will never achieve.
Thatcher was the most disastrous, despite her electoral success. She destroyed manufacturing and created an economy of McJobs, everyone opening doors for everyone else.

Blair was a disaster in foreign policy and economics, from Iraq to PFI to the crash, and repressive security legislation. But he still achieved the GFA, the Human Rights Act, Kosovo, and other successes.

Cameron has nothing of note to show, beyond some advances for gay people, and was responsible for the entire Brexit nightmare facing both Britain and Ireland.

Gordon Brown was personally a disaster, but the main damage he did was as Chancellor

Eden was a disaster for British foreign policy and caused its humiliation. The reason I think Eden was more disastrous than May is because he had waited so long to succeed Churchill, and finally got the chance only to spaff it completely - humiliating not only himself but the entire country. A tragicomic farce.

Though she did make the call to go for a hard Brexit. The Norway option would have been negotiable and deliverable, and create the least uncertainty and problems. Cameron's decisions brought about Brexit. May's decisions are bringing about a particular type of brexit.
True, albeit she has been a prisoner of her party's Right. At the moment I don't think that there is ANY version of Brexit she could get through Parliament without Corbyn's backing.

McSlaggart

It is a well known fact that Theresa May has had a disastrous tenure in office so far. By all rights she should have resigned in disgrace after her terrible snap election gambit backfired so miserably.
She has been excellent with a “strong and stable” and she has been clear that Brexit means Brexit. Her vision in I'd personally liking to see the Human Rights Act go because the UK have had some problems with it.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies