• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

They all have lovely bottoms...

NewGoldDream

Website
-

Aristodemus

As John Keats has written: " a thing of beauty is a joy forever". Some women's asses are things of beauty. I, for one, salute him

Tough Paddy

...Peter Sagan apologises after pinching the bottom of a girl on a podium following the Tour of Flanders.

Cyclist Peter Sagan apologizes for pinching rear of 'podium girl' | Larry Brown Sports

Is it sexual harassment? Or just a harmless bit of larking around?

I think the former. But even so, is it the right of others to feel offended? Should he have had to apologise if the woman involved has not expressed any outrage?
If this was sexual harrasment as you claim, what about Prince Charles then?! When he got his unsolicited pinch to his bottom by Geri Halliwell - was that also sexual harrasment?!

Astral Peaks

Is this thread going to the Zoo or wha?

Carl Claudius

...Peter Sagan apologises after pinching the bottom of a girl on a podium following the Tour of Flanders.

Cyclist Peter Sagan apologizes for pinching rear of 'podium girl' | Larry Brown Sports

Is it sexual harassment? Or just a harmless bit of larking around?

I think the former. But even so, is it the right of others to feel offended? Should he have had to apologise if the woman involved has not expressed any outrage?
what else are they on the podium for?

Tin Foil Hat

Of course it is.

How would you feel if Mary Harney groped you?
Women grope men all the time. It's never a big deal.

It was a stupid of him to do it in this day and age - it was only going to be received one way, but no harm done, imo.

NewGoldDream

Website
-
what else are they on the podium for?
This is the sort of thing that happens when you employ spectacular looking women to drape themselves over athletic young men in public.
I was thinking that too. Clearly the woman is there as, for want of a better phrase "eye candy". Is it fair to be very critical when someone steps over some imaginary line with an action that she doesn't seem too bothered by?

Astral Peaks

There have been other threads on the "right of people to be offended" theme. Usually based on offensive comments online, and recent prosecutions in the UK.
Fair enough, but the OP is just a tad skimpy on reasoning, allowing the sleaze factor to dominate?

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
I was thinking that too. Clearly the woman is there as, for want of a better phrase "eye candy". Is it fair to be very critical when someone steps over some imaginary line with an action that she doesn't seem too bothered by?
I think it would be fair to be critical of him, her and her employers in this case.

The whole bloody hotpants at the podium thing is very aesthetically challenged, imo.

Tough Paddy

I wouldn't be offended. Maybe worried, but not offended.
Answer the question put to you! Was Princes Charles the victim of sexual harassment when he had his bottom unwillingly pinched?! Or is it just that you hold selective interpretations of what constitutes sexual harassment?!

Astral Peaks

NewGoldDream

Website
-
I think it would be fair to be critical of him, her and her employers in this case.

The whole bloody hotpants at the podium thing is very aesthetically challenged, imo.
The walk on girls at darts, the girls in boxing rings holding up the round numbers, should they be done away with? It seems a bit 1970s to me anyway, but on the other hand maybe thats being overtly PC. Again, if they are not offended, I guess I shouldn't be, but would imagine feminists must have their heads in their hands at such anachronisms.

Answer the question put to you! Was Princes Charles the victim of sexual harassment when he had his bottom unwillingly pinched?! Or is it just that you hold selective interpretations of what constitutes sexual harassment?!
Um.

Why are you demanding I answer a question about an incident of which I know nothing?

Ribeye

No person has the right to put there hands on anyone else without permission,

However, there is total double standards here, did anyone see Robbie Williams on the Grame Norton show a few weeks ago?

He went into the audience and was mauled by women, and it was only minutes after he had been talking about how happy he was at the birth of his new baby,

Rob, of course didn't care, just like most men, he probably takes it as a compliment, but if the circumstances were reversed, people would be calling for Nortons show to be cancelled,

And anyway, yer man is a cyclist, everyone knows that cyclists are all knobs:)

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies