They think it's all Uber; it is now

statsman

It seems that the National Transport Authority (NTA) have very sensibly ignored Uber's lobbying efforts and denied permission for a pilot scheme in Limerick to go ahead. The 'tech' company had hoped to run a pilot of its gig economy model in the city, but the NTA have killed it off with an unsupportive statement today. Good, say I.

https://fora.ie/uber-pilot-ireland-blocked-3518700-Jul2017/

*EPIC SUCCESS*

It seems that the National Transport Authority (NTA) have very sensibly ignored Uber's lobbying efforts and denied permission for a pilot scheme in Limerick to go ahead. The 'tech' company had hoped to run a pilot of its gig economy model in the city, but the NTA have killed it off with an unsupportive statement today. Good, say I.

Seconded, wholeheartedly from me.

This scummy outfit seem to have no limit to what they will do - they managed to pull the medical reports of a rape victim in India recently in an attempt to pass the crime off as an attempted smear against them. Travis Kalanick was privy to the information.

Uber 'obtained rape victim's medical records' - BBC News

The list of their shady activities is long and varied. Well done the NTA.

statsman

Why is it sensible?

Would you get on a plane where the operator was entirely unregulated, was not insured to carry paying passengers, and had no mandatory maintenance schedules?

statsman

Seconded, wholeheartedly from me.

This scummy outfit seem to have no limit to what they will do - they managed to pull the medical reports of a rape victim in India recently in an attempt to pass the crime off as an attempted smear against them. Travis Kalanick was privy to the information.

Uber 'obtained rape victim's medical records' - BBC News

The list of their shady activities is long and varied. Well done the NTA.
And then there's this.

constitutionus

Would you get on a plane where the operator was entirely unregulated, was not insured to carry paying passengers, and had no mandatory maintenance schedules?
Weve got FLYING taxis now ?

:D

i think you'll find people do it all the time whilst thumbing a lift.

mr_anderson

Will they also block driverless taxis when they arrive over the coming decade ?

NYCKY

No but there are some slight differences between planes and cars.

gatsbygirl20

A great thread title BTW....

The Uberisation of work will turn whole swathes of the workforce into serfs..

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies