Things that Haaretz won't tell you!

yanshuf

From what I can gather, Yanshuf is an Israeli living in Jerusalem. I'm living in Dublin. I don't know what Yanshuf does for a living, but I'm self employed. And as for it being predictable that both of us would be in threads about Israel? Well the same could be said about you couldn't it?
L'Chaim, JCSkinner is negligible. He's trying to replace the main issue of the thread with himself. You can follow his posts in realtion to ours and see how an issue became pesrsonal and the posts full of degrading appellations.

yanshuf

New Republic
Ah but that is an attempt to balance against the extreme right wing media sources that you appear to be a mouthpeace for.
I'll refer you to your former post:
Ever heard of free speech ?:rolleyes:
You are free to choose, the only thing you need to know, is that this newspaper that is so often quoted is not balanced, and for me it's a symbol of an attempt to undermine everything Israel stands for, including a Jewish state. Some editorials explain it perfectly.

Andrew49

Twitter
AndrewSB49
The original 5th column was a fascist group which Franco claimed was operating inside Spanish left wing groups. It probably didn't exist.

Its a pity that Israelis are so ignorant about history.
The term originated with a 1936 radio address by Emilio Mola, an insurgent general during the 1936–39 Spanish Civil War. As his army approached Madrid, he broadcast a message that the four columns of his forces outside the city would be supported by a "fifth column" of his supporters inside the city, intent on undermining the Republican government from within.

In fact, this supposed "fifth column" did not prove very effective, as evidenced by the fact that Madrid held out until 1939 despite very heavy fighting. Nevertheless, the term caught on and was used extensively, especially by those fighting the Fascists and Nazis. It was especially in wide use in Britain in the early stages of the Second World War. There, fear of the "fifth Column" was used as justification for the mass internment, on the Isle of Man, of German nationals who resided in the United Kingdom. The United States also interned Japanese citizens around the same time with similar justification. << From WIKI

JCSkinner

Website
skinflicks.blogspot.com
A phobia is an irrational fear of something. Being wary of Islam isn't phobic it's perfectly rational.
Not the way you are. I again extend to you an invitation to visit Clonskeagh mosque in my company and simply observe what goes on there.
I genuinely feel that while there are obvious concerns about human rights in places like Saudi, one can say much the same for many places in Africa, or indeed for the United States, which aren't Muslim in any significant numbers.
To suggest that the average Muslim is something to be wary of is, in my experience, irrational.
But I didn't mean to be drawn into a debate about your feelings towards Islam which, while to my mind regrettable, are nevertheless your own that you have stood by consistently.
I merely sought to point out that when someone like you who any objective person might consider to be very pro-Israel contradicts the OP, then the OP has some serious thinking to do about the extremism of the beliefs they espouse.

NewRepublic

New Republic

I'll refer you to your former post:

You are free to choose, the only thing you need to know, is that this newspaper that is so often quoted is not balanced, and for me it's a symbol of an attempt to undermine everything Israel stands for, including a Jewish state. Some editorials explain it perfectly.
What like this Michael Oren, Ambassador, or, this is how the occupation ends - Haaretz - Israel News

What is so wrong with Israelis expressing the opinion that Israel should withdraw from the West Bank? To most rational people this opinion is balanced.
Excactly how in your opinion does this undermine everything Isreal stands for. I hav'nt exactly seen them calling for the dismantling of the Israeli state any time recently.

MMR

Yanshuf and even L'Chaim are both caught up in their own siege-mentality tautology, an endless loop of self-perpetuating "reasoning" which goes nowhere, offers no viable solutions, and only serves to maintain their views. That, more or less, is what a tautology does.

yanshuf

What like this Michael Oren, Ambassador, or, this is how the occupation ends - Haaretz - Israel News

What is so wrong with Israelis expressing the opinion that Israel should withdraw from the West Bank? To most rational people this opinion is balanced.
Excactly how in your opinion does this undermine everything Isreal stands for. I hav'nt exactly seen them calling for the dismantling of the Israeli state any time recently.
If it stopped there, it would be just another leftist newspaper, but it doesn't.

This is an example of the articles they publish (in Hebrew):

http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=33854

The main problem with this article is in the third paragraph from the end:

Many Israelis, possibly the majority of voters, do not doubt the legitimacy of the armed resistance in the territories proper. If the Palestinians had a little sense, they would have concentrated their struggle against the settlements and would not hurt women and children, fire rockets on Gilo, Nachal Oz and Sderot, or plant explosives on the Western side of the Green Line. In this manner, the Palestinians would themselves draft the solution that will be reached in any case.
This is undoubtedly a terror-supporting article, for which he posted more articles explaining he was misunderstood.

That's the spirit of that newspaper, and there are many others that try to undermine the legitimacy of the state of Israel, but never inspect the legitimacy of the claims of the other side.

This is a newspaper with an extreme antizionist approach and it reflects the other side, right or wrong:

http://www.haaretz.co.il/hasite/spages/1055376.html

Here Amira Hass acquits Hamas from targeting Israeli civilians and of course accuses Israel.

lapsedmethodist

Haaretz is a left-leaning newspaper, practically a fifth column in Israel.

It co-operates with "Beace Now" and published whatever provokes controversy in Israel.

That's why one couldn't have read about the verdict against pro-terrorist activists:

Peace Now to Pay and Apologize for Maligning Town - Inside Israel - Israel News - Israel National News

excerpts:
I thought that Judea and Sumaria were in the West Bank ? And therefore not part of Israel ?

And while " The Fund for Redeeming the Land " exists........ Orwell lives on !!

khavakoz

Sadly, Ha'aretz nowadays lacks the true zeal which was once present in the paper. Yanshuf's denunciations may once have had a glimmer of (demented) truth, in that the paper used to have real active journalism, but no more. Daid Landau killed the paper, destroying its legacy in a mere four years of cultural vandalism.

It is akin to the despoiling of the Irish Times under Kennedy - a once great liberal paper pandering to a more centrist focus. I had high hopes when the apalling Landau was replaced with Dov Alfom last year, but the changes are slow indeed.

james toney

Ever heard of free speech ?:rolleyes:
Okay. Can you finally explain this one to me: Are you actually Yanshuf in disguise, or do you both just work out of the same office?
Because it is utterly fascinating how the one follows the other with utter predictability within minutes of each other onto threads pertaining to Israel?
Both are international lawyers and photoshop experts....lets hope they continue.

james toney

I get a synopsis of the Israeli main titles delivered to my inbox via the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Haaretz is generally balanced and reasonable. They generally give everyone a fair shake. As the reporters are Israeli I feel to see how they could anti-Israeli. It does have a bias but then so do all the titles. By far the most biased is the Jerusalem Post which is unashamedly pro-settlement and pro-Likud. Again they don't pretend otherwise. Calling someone a fifth column is implying they are traitors trying to undermine the state which is an outrageous allegation to make.
See why you all hasbara trolls need help on so many levels?
I know you don't agree with Tuam/yanshuf and his many threads on defending israeli rapists and peadophiles...but have some morals please...and as you say yourself give everyone a fair shake....discard his racism and fascism.
A fifth column?

Last edited:

yanshuf

You talk about rapes and pedophiles - you defended such when you heard Ezra Nawi was arrested.

You still defend Betselem who sought Nawi would be under their protection.

Such hypocrite, like little chara, are the proof that the leftistic Irish circles are in a moral breakdown.

james toney

More lies and desperation from Tuam/yanshuf.
He said this in his own racist and anti semitic thread that had to be zooed.
"Since when do you really need evidence to anything?" while defending israeli rapists and peadophiles.
No wonder he got called a deranged lunatic.... very nice of him to remind everyone about his thread.

yanshuf

More lies from the little chara to cover his own lies:

You're hysterics and lies got the better of you again Tuam,you are very funny yet not very good with this hasbara bullsh!t.

BREAKING: Israeli Police Falsely Allege Murder Conspiracy by Human Rights NGOs, Activists

And he has just been released,as even the military judge recognised the false claims and lies.
Hypocrite, with bag of lies on his back.

You can always apologize for the lie you spread that a black Israeli soldier was kidnapped by Hamas, and Israel never tried to bring him back.

james toney

LOL! More desperation Tuam/yanshuf .....posting wrong links to hasbara lies and your thread defending israeli rapists is not working for you.
Try posting a photo...anyone at all...even if it's over 100 years old from "Tuam"

Clanrickard

See why you all hasbara trolls need help on so many levels?
I know you don't agree with Tuam/yanshuf and his many threads on defending israeli rapists and peadophiles...but have some morals please...and as you say yourself give everyone a fair shake....discard his racism and fascism.
A fifth column?

What?!?!?!? No one defends rapists and pedophiles.

james toney

What?!?!?!? No one defends rapists and pedophiles.
Why do you like the fascist and anti semite then? Is it your zionist policies...? It can't be his defending of israeli rapists and peadophiles....or can it.

Last edited:

Ardillaun

Ha'aretz is a sign of a healthy, diverse society that tolerates dissent. Not all the news from Israel is bad by any means and Israel's Arab neighbours could learn a lot from such good example. You should be grateful for the lefties, Yanshuf, just as right-wingers have embraced the gays in recent years.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies