• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Things that make you cry!! I KNOW!!

corelli

Right, well we all fight like hell here occasionally, but we are all human.

I never cried in my life, bar childhood, seriously, till my Father died suddenly, age sixty, five years ago last Saturday. I was thirty one years of age. Since then, I am want to cry at the most inopportune moments. ( I know, it's very personal for P.ie, but am sure others have similar human experience). Music, particularly, makes me blub.

This in particular!! Try it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOIAi2XwuWo]YouTube - Jessye Norman - A Portrait - When I Am Laid In Earth (Purcel[/ame]

Oh, going to probably regret this in the morning!!

berberie

Right, well we all fight like hell here occasionally, but we are all human.

I never cried in my life, bar childhood, seriously, till my Father died suddenly, age sixty, five years ago last Saturday. I was thirty one years of age. Since then, I am want to cry at the most inopportune moments. ( I know, it's very personal for P.ie, but am sure others have similar human experience). Music, particularly, makes me blub.

This in particular!! Try it!

YouTube - Jessye Norman - A Portrait - When I Am Laid In Earth (Purcel

Oh, going to probably regret this in the morning!!
Oh well done Corelli for opening up. It's just sad that it had do be your dad's sudden death that allowed you to cry.

Silly things make me cry. I know it sounds ridiculous but sometimes when I look at my little one I get this lump in my throat and eyes fill up because my feelings for her are so overwhelming!

The most enjoyable tears though are those you shed when you're laughing so hard that you can't prevent them!

The song 'Honey' (corny I know) lots of films...... including Shadowlands and The Green Mile.

Peeling onions!

Stubbing a toe.

A child's suffering.

A bit of an odd mixture and in no means placed in order of importance, but there are just some of the things that dehydrate me!

eoghanacht

The thought of my son not reaching man hood, i couldn't live without him.

Injustice of any kind and to many songs to mention

But this stirs up emotions

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dPS-EHl-FE]YouTube - Michael Nyman - The heart asks pleasure first[/ame]

CookieMonster

It's ok, he's a mod so he can make this go bye-bye in the morning! :p

berberie

The theme music from Schlinder's List because of what it stands for.

'orebel

My son and my father in law both break down after the first few bars of any opera.

Bill Hick can make me cry with laughter over and over again.

Mar Tweedy

That was beautiful Corelli, though opera doesn't get the tears going for me - and sorry about your dad.

In a funny way it's good to hear what stops us all in our tracks and realise how really vulnerable we are. Life can change in a millisecond.

I cannot get through this without crying, sometimes almost bawling :oops:
*ok which bloody button is it to embed youtube*

This bit always chokes me.
And as our ship pulled into Circular Quay
I looked at the place where my legs used to be
And thank Christ there was nobody waiting for me
To grieve and to mourn and to pity
And the band played Waltzing Matilda
As they carried us down the gangway
But nobody cheered, they just stood and stared
Then turned all their faces away

H

Hmmm........

Well here's one for Corelli, opera or folksy country, all human emotions are the same
Someone else missing their Dad

I Still Can't Say Goodbye

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPjqUcCvnUY"]YouTube - Chet Atkins I Still Can't Say Goodbye Legendado br[/ame]

spidermom

Every patient on my watch that passes on...(as it should be...when that stops..I will)

My kids planning their emigration....

The children (like the Roscommon 6)...cannot comprehend what they had to endure....

will not have proper pets....remembered loosing my beloved dogs as a child....

Thankfully have not lost my darling parents as yet...but lost a wee man at 18 weeks.....never to be forgotten!!!

(will also regret in this thread in the am)

gatsbygirl20

Well done, Corelli.......Weeping is the new effing and blinding for the cool guy

Saying farewell to my children....

Memories...all those travelled roads and absent friends....

Music heard in the distance...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__8ctUsx5DQ]YouTube - Sissel - Shenandoah[/ame]

Mar Tweedy

Well done, Corelli.......Weeping is the new effing and blinding for the cool guy

Saying farewell to my children....
Oh god, even thinking of that makes me a bit weepy. I mentioned something about growing up and leaving home to the little fella, and he looked at me all teary eyed and said it'll never happen! Cue more teary eyes.

MauriceColgan

Website
www.irelandtoo.com
Sorry to hear your sad news Corelli.

The last time I cried, (was staggered!!!) on hearing the news my brother's wife, Sandra, had died of cancer aged just 63 earlier this year.

Don't put up Tchaikovsky's Pathetique Symphony or we will all be crying today.

QuizMaster

Website
www.quizmatic.com
I didn't cry when my father died.
I didn't cry when my best friend died, aged 36.
But I cry when I hear Juliet Turner.
I cry at The Sound Of Music when Christopher Plummer first sings.
I cry when I hear Ladysmith Black Mambazo singing the SA national anthem.

RightCentreLeft

In the past I have never really cried except for the death of my uncle and my partners miscarriage.But in the past couple of years (since my son was born)
I have become much more sensitive. It is usually certain movies that will upset me quite easily. Now I dont start bawling my eyes out but I will shed a few tears over certain things. To be honest since I have started to become more emotional I feel much better than I did in the past - when I bottled everything up.

Things that have made me shed a tear recently and not so recently:

Recently helping a friend who's wife is dying from a terminal cancer.
I am finding that very hard to deal with.

Movies:

Slumdog Millionare
The Pursuit of Happyness
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (in the cinema and I wasnt the only one many men were visibly upset)

Certain episodes of Reeling in The Years - mainly the ones showing wars.

To be honest there really isnt anything wrong with crying and I believe it is important for your mental health and general wellbeing.

TradCat

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVIt0DYKssI]YouTube - Spock's Death and Funeral[/ame]

Baddaddy

Children suffering, is my number 1, find it very hard to comprehend.

I have many more but that is due to me being a "big softy"

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies