• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Things we agree on

DavidCaldwell

It is late here (I am away on work), I have had a few glasses of wine and I was getting a bit dispirited with all our arguments

So I thought it might be nice to have another thread that doesn't bring up our differences of opinion - like the one Drogheda started on "Things you will not hear said on politics.ie Northern Ireland."

To keep it simple, a single question - What are the things we agree on?

Roy Feen

It's great that the whiney little turd, Colin Murray, has been booted off MOTD2.

InsideImDancing

That most of the rest of you are gobsh1tes.
I was actually struggling there buddy and then you came along and I thought of FF.:)

Thanks mate.

vivabrigada

It is late here (I am away on work), I have had a few glasses of wine and I was getting a bit dispirited with all our arguments

So I thought it might be nice to have another thread that doesn't bring up our differences of opinion - like the one Drogheda started on "Things you will not hear said on politics.ie Northern Ireland."

To keep it simple, a single question - What are the things we agree on?
Wearing 3/4 lengths on a hot sunny day if we ever get a summer.
EDIT: Ooops! that makes more sense.

Last edited:

DavidCaldwell

Shortly after I came to NI in 2002, there was a month or so in May/June of mainly sunny weather. I remember my wife smiling when I said that the summers were OK.

vivabrigada

Shortly after I came to NI in 2002, there was a month or so in May/June of mainly sunny weather. I remember my wife smiling when I said that the summers were OK.
Is she still with you? ;)

Narcissist

We get about two days of good weather a year. The last one here happened when I had to spend the whole day helping cut down a load of trees.

I'm always cursed with the good weather. The next good day will happen when I have to do something, it's always the same.

Drogheda445

I suppose we can all agree that Drogheda deserves city status. :)

On a serious note, we (on here at least) can all agree that a return to violence will only cause more untold misery and that no matter what your political convictions are, peace and hopefully non-sectarianism should be the be-all and end-all when it comes to priority.

Drogheda445

I didn't realise - I told you there were a few glasses of wine.
No problem. I included the smily just to confirm that I wasn't being serious.

I understand if you wish this thread to be a serious, down-to-earth discussion and I apologise if that was the case.

Narcissist

Surely we can all agree that Gerry Adams can grow a fine beard? say what you like about the man but we all know he's the top 'beard-grower' up in Stormont.

DavidCaldwell

No problem. I included the smily just to confirm that I wasn't being serious.

I understand if you wish this thread to be a serious, down-to-earth discussion and I apologise if that was the case.
No, I'm not particularly hoping for a serious discussion - just another good-natured thread like the recent one you started.

Drogheda445

I was actually struggling there buddy and then you came along and I thought of FF.:)

Thanks mate.
Your right there. Even if you a unionist with total apathy towards the Republic, all of humanity can agree that the current FF are a shower of bar stewards.

caulfield

That a fried breakfast is better for the addition of a range of fried breads?

caulfield

Everyone likes cuchullain and Finn McCool. Obviously we won't agree on the spelling ....