• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

This David Icke Person. Is it a Joke?

The name keeps cropping up so I went into google and I cannot believe what I am reading. Are there seriously people out there who believe in this..this what is it? Lizards taking over human bodies and ruling the world? Surely not. I mean, where did this idea spring from? I note yer man used to be a football commentator. Had he been a playwright or a sci-fi producer I could perhaps understand, but a sports commentator?

Has anyone heard of him. Is he mad? Or am I being too cynical?

PaddyJoe McGillycuddy

The name keeps cropping up so I went into google and I cannot believe what I am reading. Are there seriously people out there who believe in this..this what is it? Lizards taking over human bodies and ruling the world? Surely not. I mean, where did this idea spring from? I note yer man used to be a football commentator. Had he been a playwright or a sci-fi producer I could perhaps understand, but a sports commentator?

He wasn't a bad commentator either until he revealed his real self. I suspect that the Roy Keane personage is almost at the point of shedding his human skin.:lol:

Katayusha Mk2

I've read some of his stuff and seen a few of his videos that I d/led. What Icke appears to be doing is taking legitimate examples of conspiracy and applying bizarre esoteric spin to appeal to the 'new age' market, which he seems to be making a good living out of, and in the process trivialising and obscuring the real issues. By hyping up issues of concern and reducing them to the realm of the ridiculous in the process he acts as an agent of disinformation. Icke is certainly not the fool he would have the majority take him for, he is the agent of an agenda.

When I was a kid he was a quiet mousey bloke who sometimes presented the snooker and did the sport bit on BBC news. I think he possibly just went extreme bipolar. Mockery is too easy, I just feel pity for him.

PaddyJoe McGillycuddy

When I was a kid he was a quiet mousey bloke who sometimes presented the snooker and did the sport bit on BBC news. I think he possibly just went extreme bipolar. Mockery is too easy, I just feel pity for him.

Yeah, I remember him on Grandstand and not for anything else. But when I do a quick google it looks like his BBC career ended fairly abruptly when he refused to pay his poll tax(good man!) and moved towards the Green Party.
His contract with the BBC was terminated in 1990 when he refused to pay his poll tax, a new local tax introduced by Margaret Thatcher that was controversial because the same payment was required by everyone, regardless of income. He ended up paying it in November 1990, but his initial announcement that he was willing to go to jail rather than pay prompted the BBC, by charter an impartial public-service broadcaster, to distance itself from him.[19]
Looked like he was headed for a stellar career:
became involved with the Green Party from 1988 to 1991, rising to the position of one of their four national Speakers, a position the party had created in lieu of a leader. He soon became the party's most alluring speaker, The Observer calling him "the Greens' Tony Blair." He became a household name, appearing on talk shows and in debates.[21] He was invited in 1989 to debate whether animals should have rights at the Royal Institute of Great Britain, alongside Tom Regan, Richard Ryder, Andrew Linzey, Mary Warnock, Steven Rose, and Germaine Greer,[22] and in September 1990, his name appeared on advertisements in national newspapers for the children's charity, Children's Vigils, alongside a cast of American and British celebrities, including Audrey Hepburn, Woody Allen, Cher, and Whoopi Goldberg.[23]
So where did it all go wrong??:confused:

I've read some of his stuff and seen a few of his videos that I d/led. What Icke appears to be doing is taking legitimate examples of conspiracy and applying bizarre esoteric spin to appeal to the 'new age' market, which he seems to be making a good living out of, and in the process trivialising and obscuring the real issues. By hyping up issues of concern and reducing them to the realm of the ridiculous in the process he acts as an agent of disinformation. Icke is certainly not the fool he would have the majority take him for, he is the agent of an agenda.
Like yourself I have read a few of his books and some of his videos and also like yourself I couldn't get the whole mixing great information with insane theories of shape shifting reptiles,it just didn't make sense,just made him seem like a complete nut.

Later though,I started to think about it and realized that the shape shifting reptiles was a metaphor,enough to keep him just under the radar as a crazy kook,least we forget Bill Cooper, in fairness he is accusing some very powerful people of all sorts of things,so if hes look upon as crazy he can always be dismissed as such.I have spoken to some other people that have come to this same conclusion.

If you watch Ron Jonson's "The Lizards and the Jews" the Canadian Jewish League actually realized it was a metaphor but believed it was a metaphor for Jews(Jon Ronson being a Jew himself).

There is also the shock PR stunt element about it,where most people talk about the shape shifting reptiles part,where as that is only less than 1% of what he is about,but its enough for people to talk about,have people like Lazarus go to see what all the fuss is about,and then its on from there,see it works.

He was at one time a proffessional goalkeeper, don't they say all keepers are mad?

He spent the 80's presenting sport on the BBC. Then in the early nineties he made a now infamous appearance on Terry Wogan's chat show. Dressed in an awful turqouise tracksuit he proclaimed himself the son of God. That seemingly killed his career & marked him down as a loony.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nMq6gc1yMg"]YouTube- David Icke On Wogan[/ame]

However since the new millenium & widespread access to the internet, his career has taken an upturn. In an age where there are so many Conspiracy Theories, Icke satiates peoples apparent hunger for them. He has decided to give the most absurd, outlandish Conspiracy of them all & the people lap it up. I think his popularity stems from the fact that he isn't some obscure scientist but instead a well spoken articulate man. He sells alot of books & plays to sell out audiences.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Kvx5zZzr4"]YouTube- David Icke - Mind Control, Reptilians & Human Sacrifices 1/18[/ame]

rhonda15

disinfo agent at best - total whackjob at worst

Mike Scott is a follower of his, he wrote a song called "Sympathy For David Icke" Has anyone heard it?

Perhaps the Waterboys are in on the Reptillian agenda!!!

factual

I think he intends to be serious.

PaddyJoe McGillycuddy

How about a 'what if' scenario? Given his public opposition to the poll tax and his public profile(national newspapers calling him "the Greens' Tony Blair) he could have had a political career that took him right to the top.
Would he have invaded Iraq?
Would he have had any truck with an American leader that spoke to God on a daily basis?
Would we have flooding in Cork and Galway?
So many questions..

TommyO'Brien

At the start it was tempting to laugh at him - those who saw him on Wogan the first time remember the shock. One minute he was a respected broadcaster and political activist. Next, he was appearing in turquoise shell suits and proclaiming himself "son of the god-head". At this stage most people have stopped laughing and feel sorry for him. Conspiracy theorists tend to be a bit fanatical and are usually people far away from power who have theories about how power operates that are a million miles away from the reality (which is why people in power or close to power find the conspiracy theories so hilarious. The presume governments possess the ability to do things that anyone who has ever served in government knows they couldn't do because they don't have the competence or power to do anything of the things they are accused of. The real story of government is how it balls up almost everything it touches and couldn't start a p*ss up in a brewery!). Some extreme conspiracy theorists seem to border not merely on the paranoid but on the insane, and Icke seems to be one of the latter. Most people just feel sorry for the guy and hate the fanatics who surround him and prevent him from getting the psychiatric help he so desparately needs.

The Caped Cod

At the start it was tempting to laugh at him - those who saw him on Wogan the first time remember the shock. One minute he was a respected broadcaster and political activist. Next, he was appearing in turquoise shell suits and proclaiming himself "son of the god-head". At this stage most people have stopped laughing and feel sorry for him. Conspiracy theorists tend to be a bit fanatical and are usually people far away from power who have theories about how power operates that are a million miles away from the reality (which is why people in power or close to power find the conspiracy theories so hilarious. The presume governments possess the ability to do things that anyone who has ever served in government knows they couldn't do because they don't have the competence or power to do anything of the things they are accused of. The real story of government is how it balls up almost everything it touches and couldn't start a p*ss up in a brewery!). Some extreme conspiracy theorists seem to border not merely on the paranoid but on the insane, and Icke seems to be one of the latter. Most people just feel sorry for the guy and hate the fanatics who surround him and prevent him from getting the psychiatric help he so desparately needs.
So you keep saying Tommy because of all your experience working with them. The problem with your theory, is that it completely excuses government from criminal blame. How fortunate. Sure they're incompetent,... but criminal, no!
I do not feel sorry for Icke. He has made a great living off what he is doing, just like Alex Jones. He gives people like you the pefect excuse to drop the words "conspiracy theory" and "tin foil hat" to discredit arguments. If you actually watch one of Ickes talks, he gives lots of good, varifiable information but then throw all th lizard shyte and completely discrdits himself, along with others. The very fact that the likes of Icke and Jones are "telling you what they don't want you to know" and still breathing says alot.
As someone else said, they agents of disinformation. Once somethiing is said it cannot be unsaid, only talked over.

Last edited:

Ifor Bach

Website
golang.pl

I've actually met him, (at my parent's house).

My Dad used to teach his kids.

Niceguyeddie

Like yourself I have read a few of his books and some of his videos and also like yourself I couldn't get the whole mixing great information with insane theories of shape shifting reptiles,it just didn't make sense,just made him seem like a complete nut.

Later though,I started to think about it and realized that the shape shifting reptiles was a metaphor,enough to keep him just under the radar as a crazy kook,least we forget Bill Cooper, in fairness he is accusing some very powerful people of all sorts of things,so if hes look upon as crazy he can always be dismissed as such.I have spoken to some other people that have come to this same conclusion.

If you watch Ron Jonson's "The Lizards and the Jews" the Canadian Jewish League actually realized it was a metaphor but believed it was a metaphor for Jews(Jon Ronson being a Jew himself).

There is also the shock PR stunt element about it,where most people talk about the shape shifting reptiles part,where as that is only less than 1% of what he is about,but its enough for people to talk about,have people like Lazarus go to see what all the fuss is about,and then its on from there,see it works.
That is a really interesting theory about it. Has he ever been questioned on whether the lizards are metaphors for, well, jewish people?

The Caped Cod

That is a really interesting theory about it. Has he ever been questioned on whether the lizards are metaphors for, well, jewish people?
Yep, that's the Ron JOhnson video he's on about. THe Ant-Defamation League decided 'Lizards' ment jews and went after him tooth and nail. They got alot of his shows and interviews cancelled.
Personally I don't think it's an attempt to talk while flying below the radar as a "nut". He's actually doing more damage than good. I think it's disinformation, along with discrediting oppossition, with a slice of profit for good measure. Maxwell Jordan is another.

Roland the gun slinger
While I don't agree that's what Icke is doing, you make a good point about Bill Cooper, a man who should not be forgotten. Cooper undeerstood the imortance of credibility and was never afraid to correct a mistake or admit he was wrong because he knew about people like Jones, and said it on a few occasions. He pulled Jordan to bits too.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies