• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

This government is as spineless as the last Government.

GDPR

Or so says Brian Lucey, he of TCD and too many TV shows.

Govt 'as spineless as the previous shower' over bankers | BreakingNews.ie

Needless to say I don’t agree, I think this Government had taken spinelessness to an entirely new level, but be that at it may, the real question this raises is surely should we have to listen to anything Brian Lucey has to say at all?

As an economist and as spokesman for the “46” back in the old pre NAMA days he managed to show us that he didn’t understand the difference between a bank asset and a bank liability, he told us we could sell the Anglo deposit book of 28 billion for a “discounted” 21 billion. A net profit of 49 billion, the man’s a genius.

Why do we give people like him, with a record like his, any air time or attention at all?

Aristodemus

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss ©Pete Townsend

neiphin

so you agree that the last shower
were spinless

eoghanacht

Needless to say I don’t agree, I think this Government had taken spinelessness to an entirely new level
Which suggests you actually do believe the previous government were also spineless just not as spineless as this one.

Pot......

Anyway everytime a FF TD is asked about the crisis and how FG are handling it they immediately fire off 'sher aren't they just carrying out the plan we(FF) made with the Troika.

Anyway I seem to remember you dismissing Lucey when he turned his ire on FF.

Last edited:

GDPR

Which suggests you actually do believe the previous government we also spinleless just not as spineless as this one.

Pot......

Anyway everytime a FF TD is asked about the crisis and how FG are handling it they immediately fire off 'sher aren't they just carrying out the plan we(FF) made with the Troika.

Anyway I seem to remember you dismissing Lucey when he turned his ire on FF.
As my post above.

eoghanacht

neiphin

Pudna

Govt 'as spineless as the previous shower' over bankers | BreakingNews.ie

Needless to say I don’t agree, I think this Government had taken spinelessness to an entirely new level, but be that at it may, the real question this raises is surely should we have to listen to anything Brian Lucey has to say at all?

As an economist and as spokesman for the “46” back in the old pre NAMA days he managed to show us that he didn’t understand the difference between a bank asset and a bank liability, he told us we could sell the Anglo deposit book of 28 billion for a “discounted” 21 billion. A net profit of 49 billion, the man’s a genius.

Why do we give people like him, with a record like his, any air time or attention at all?
You started the thread, but when he says that this government would bail out the banks if asked in the middle of the night, he is probably right?

The Lighthouse Keeper

[video]http://rt.com/programs/keiser-report/episode-363-max-keiser/[/video]

Mad Max says it all in the first 10 mins.

noodles

70% of the country voted for centre or centre right parties.

the other 30% voted for parties that promised to give them more government money.

What do you expect?

GDPR

You started the thread, but when he says that this government would bail out the banks if asked in the middle of the night, he is probably right?
I did start the thread.
In order to ask a question, it is usually necessary to discuss the subject of that question.

Odd, I know, but there it is.

irish_bob

70% of the country voted for centre or centre right parties.

the other 30% voted for parties that promised to give them more government money.

What do you expect?
by what measure is any party in ireland centre right ?

wombat

I'd be much more interested to know what Morgan Kelly is working on, he's too quiet for comfort.

punchdrunk

Oh no hammer, you were having a nice easy evening away on the Sean Quinn thread, and now tonic opens a can of worms.
FF bankrupted the country. Failed to regulate the banks. Brought in IMF/EU, left a National debt of 160 billion euro and a budget deficit of 18 billion euro........ and Tonic is still in denial.
What is it about economists? They love reading about themselves in the media. They never tell us when they are wrong. Isn't that right Brian?

Last edited: