This is a BIG part of what's wrong with Ireland

Disillusioned democrat

So, in the canteen at lunch I see over a colleague's shoulder a snippet on the RTE News channel with Minister for Enterprise Frances Fitzgerald at some launch/opening/photo op with an American company, blah, blah, blah.

This is the same Frances Fitzgerald that made a complete and utter balls of our police force, who backed a crock horse and who was left looking like a tit when the Commissioner waved two fingers and fecked off.

How can anyone take her seriously after that, ever again? Having bet and lost the farm in Justice how can she now be considered a good choice for ANY government role, let alone the Trade and Enterprise role at a time when Brexit threatens to make or break us?

Political parties recycle the same old hacks to support electoral strategies at the expense of the actual job of governing.

Last edited:

Volatire

So, in the canteen at lunch I see over a colleague's shoulder a snippet on the RTE News channel with Minister for Enterprise Frances Fitzgerald at some launch/opening/photo op with an American company, blah, blah, blah.

This is the same Frances Fitzgerald that made a complete and utter balls of our police force, who backed a crock horse and who was left looking like a tit when the Commissioner waved two fingers and fecked off.

How can anyone take her seriously after that, ever again? Having bet and lost the farm in Justice how can she now be considered a good choice for ANY government role, let alone the Trade and Enterprise role at a time when Brexit threatens to make or break us?
another whinging brain-fart.

zoo.

Disillusioned democrat

another whinging brain-fart.

zoo.
Can I take it from this response that you actually endorse Frances Fitzgerald as Minister for Trade and Enterprise, that you believe she is the best member of the FG parliamentary party for the job?

Or is it just a Frances Fitzgerald kind of endorsement, like she gave Noirin O'Sullivan a few weeks before she jumped ship and took the €300k lump sum.

Marcos the black

Political parties recycle the same old hacks to support electoral strategies at the expense of the actual job of governing.
Was she elected by the people of her constituency?

Marcos the black

As was Lowry and Danny Healy-Rae, but that doesn't mean they would make good Ministers.

Same question to you - do you think she's the best person for the job?
So yes, she's democratically elected to the Dail, and from there she is free to be appointed to any job that the Taoiseach of the day, who is in turn elected by the Dail sees fit.
Personally I don't have any issue with her.

pumpkinpie

One good thing about Brussels I suppose, is that she along with a few others will be fecking off there at some point for an overpaid job, at least it'll keep them out of the way for a while and hopefully they can't do too much trouble. Speaking about Justice, I don't think they'll find it easy to find a replacement Garda commissioner, not with that arrogant bitch who speaks for the investigative committee sticking her oar in.

Disillusioned democrat

So yes, she's democratically elected to the Dail, and from there she is free to be appointed to any job that the Taoiseach of the day, who is in turn elected by the Dail sees fit.
Personally I don't have any issue with her.
Not deterred by her whole - you know - making a balls of the role as Minister for Justice?

Marcos the black

Not deterred by her whole - you know - making a balls of the role as Minister for Justice?
No. Not at all. I think she's a very capable lady. And you're off course entitled to your opinion, but it's just that, an opinion.

Betson

No. Not at all. I think she's a very capable lady. And you're off course entitled to your opinion, but it's just that, an opinion.
She very capable shelved any attempts of reforming the legal profession anyway once she got the ministerial portfolio. For all his flaws and there were many at Shatter was serious about reforming the legal profession while he was minster ,despite a lot of resistance from that profession which he was also a member of himself. Once Fitzgerald got in all their 'concerns' were taken care of.

You really had no issue with how she handles the Gardai stuff,. even when she said he had no problem about not been informed of any significant developmental witin the Gardai such as the allegations from an auditor working for the gardai about what went with Templemore etc.

Socratus O' Pericles

Could be worse could be Theresa May.

former wesleyan

Can I take it from this response that you actually endorse Frances Fitzgerald as Minister for Trade and Enterprise, that you believe she is the best member of the FG parliamentary party for the job?

Or is it just a Frances Fitzgerald kind of endorsement, like she gave Noirin O'Sullivan a few weeks before she jumped ship and took the €300k lump sum.
No-one questions the club chairman assuring everyone that the manager has his full support before accepting his resignation a couple of days later. It's how these things are done.

Spanner Island

No - you can take it that Volatire is a waste of space who spouts banal one line comments ad nauseam that contribute nothing to anything.

As for Frances... don't get too bothered about her... biz people tend not to know who various domestic politicians are at any one time and probably don't care either...

They just want access to whoever is relevant to them... to have their egos massaged a bit and for the 'system' to be amicable and amenable to them and their needs.

Golden Phoenix

She very capable shelved any attempts of reforming the legal profession anyway once she got the ministerial portfolio. For all his flaws and there were many at Shatter was serious about reforming the legal profession while he was minster ,despite a lot of resistance from that profession which he was also a member of himself. Once Fitzgerald got in all their 'concerns' were taken care of.
Yes.

Seems like the legal profession are the REAL Government in this country.

brughahaha

Youre right of course , the celebration of incompetence , or even just complete mediocrity in the public sphere is astonishing , with , like the rest of the PS, absolutely no consequence for incompetence or wasting millions ...No account in the media where its never even mentioned ....let alone condemned

But as you see from the replies , the braindead morons who just love "de party" dont care ..the same brainless shills that dont care about the dreadful state of Public services , the homelessness , the debt , the upcoming Brexit economic drop , the massive national debt or the enormous corruption and waste

Its all great they'll tell you ...He's great , she's great , he's awful as they buy into the charade that FF/FG/Lab are anything but the same exact ubiquitous shower of dunderheaded incompetents ...unfortunately for you , you share living space and country with some of the thickest gobsh1tes on the planet ...the expression "Thick Paddy" is well deserved and not a fiction

Disillusioned democrat

What are you arguing?
I'm "arguing" that she made a complete bags of her role in Justice - no one trusts the cops, the legal profession is still bleeding us dry and there's a leadership void in AGS.

She gets effectively fired from this job but lo and behold she gets another ministerial role in T&E at a time when we need a really good minister to navigate Brexit, tax harmonisation and a rising oil price.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies